Same-sex marriage

• Same-sex marriage

position on same-sex marriage 110
        pro-gay marriage (95) 86%
        anti-gay marriage (15) 14%
      I really can't understand why some people are wasting their time and fighting against it. Seriously, if you don't like gay marriage, then just don't get gay married. A federal court has just ruled that California Proposition 8, the law that banned gay marriage, is unconstitutional. It does not give you the right to infringe others' rights just because you voted in a democratic method. people have voted for lots of discriminatory things in the past... that does not make them right, whatsoever. The constitution is actually quite clear in that "majority rules" does not allow you to take away the rights of minorities.

What that federal court has done to California Proposition 8 could actually be the beginning to the end of this issue. There's a huge possibility that the supreme court might review this case and put an end to it nation-wide. Although the supreme court is already in session and started reviewing cases they received in 2011, so it might take up to a year.

So what's your position on gay marriage and how do you justify it?
    • Re: Same-sex marriage

Legalize it.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

Im not pro marriage in the first place (not anti commitment though), but that's not the question. I haven't a problem with gay commitment. I justify this by im tired, I have a problem with everything when im tired, but considering i don't have a problem with that then I suppose it's all good. But if it must be marriage we're discussing then I still have no problem. Thinking more deeply I justify this because it's only a goddamn piece of paper. Delving deeper still into the cave of justification, if two people love each other why should it matter if their genitalia only differ from each other's by length, I've seen enough soppy romances, heard enough saccharine ballads to know that love matters more than that. I will say that if this valentines day two men engaged in a tongue war before my very eyes, it would disgust me, and I would rather they did it in private. But, maybe they would say the same about all the heterosexual couples doing the same in front of them. Each to their own.

You may now close the groom kiss the thread close the thread.

The post was edited 1 time, last by No1sPerfect ().

I voted pro.

Really, why should one, maybe two religions get to dictate the laws of the USA? I can't speak for any other places, but at least where I live, we don't have a theocracy, and we certainly have people from more than one religion. There's no reason why a lot of people whose religion (or lack thereof) doesn't say anything against homosexuality should have to follow the rules of a religion that does.
      [CENTER]För om du tappar modet och fallar ner på knä/Kan du vila här hos mig
      Som em klippa i stormen att luta dig mot/Och jag sviker aldrig dig

[/CENTER]

Think about it. You were given away by your own biological parents. You have two dads. You are picked on senseless at school for that, as you get older you realize you have been adopted by two homosexuals and figure out that you don't have a normal family which can cause psychological problems, OR, those parents could raise you up as being a homosexual, OR, in rare cases you could be sexually abused which can lead into more problems.

Think about, how would 5th graders react when they realize you have two dads?

nowreally wrote:

Think about it. You were given away by your own biological parents. You have two dads. You are picked on senseless at school for that, as you get older you realize you have been adopted by two homosexuals and figure out that you don't have a normal family which can cause psychological problems

There is no evidence of being raised by two parents of the same sex causes psychological "problems". As for being picked on, people get picked on all the time; you don't need two gay parents for that. Also, there are a lot of broken homes. I rather a child be put into a caring, loving home with two parents of the same sex instead of a broken home with either one or the other, or parents constantly fighting.

nowreally wrote:

OR, those parents could raise you up as being a homosexual,

First, it doesn't work that way. Second, why is that a bad thing?

nowreally wrote:

OR, in rare cases you could be sexually abused which can lead into more problems.

Are you implying that homosexual couples sexually abuse children and heterosexual couples don't? Are you truly this stupid?

nowreally wrote:

5th graders are morons and will make fun of you for anything.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Thats awful that you say they are more prone to sexual abuse! Thats absolutely not true. More Uncles or other outside influences like step-siblings are where more sexual abuse occur. There is nothing wrong with being gay/bi/straight at all. All rights should be distributed to each citizen equally.

DamnImGood wrote:

There is no evidence of being raised by two parents of the same sex causes psychological "problems". As for being picked on, people get picked on all the time; you don't need two gay parents for that. Also, there are a lot of broken homes. I rather a child be put into a caring, loving home with two parents of the same sex instead of a broken home with either one or the other, or parents constantly fighting.

Did you have two dads or two moms? If you didn't, you shouldn't be talking.

First, it doesn't work that way. Second, why is that a bad thing?

Only a few studies have been done with mixed results.

Are you implying that homosexual couples sexually abuse children and heterosexual couples don't? Are you truly this stupid?

I'm saying that homosexual sexual abuse would cause more damage to that person. Think if about it, in theory, if you were going to get raped by a man or a women, you would probably have a favorite right?

5th graders are morons and will make fun of you for anything.[/QUOTE]

I guess 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders are also morons too? And adults too?

(Source for this: my personal experiences)

EDIT: Forgot a quote.

A man and a woman have a baby, two guys don't.

The post was edited 1 time, last by nowreally ().

nowreally wrote:

Think about it. You were given away by your own biological parents. You have two dads. You are picked on senseless at school for that, as you get older you realize you have been adopted by two homosexuals and figure out that you don't have a normal family which can cause psychological problems, OR, those parents could raise you up as being a homosexual, OR, in rare cases you could be sexually abused which can lead into more problems.

When you grow older you don't just turn homophobic and start hating your homosexual parents. Homosexuality is something you are born with so in other word you can't be raised as a homosexual.

Under what circumstances exactly are homosexual parents more likely to abuse their adopted children more than any other parents?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

nowreally wrote:

I guess 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders are also morons too? And adults too?

(Source for this: my personal experiences)

That's an illogical argument. Just because they're picked on by others it doesn't mean they's something wrong with them. Some kids are getting picked for having red hair or for being short. Should we also blame their parents in that case?

Baldur wrote:

When you grow older you don't just turn homophobic and start hating your homosexual parents. Homosexuality is something you are born with so in other word you can't be raised as a homosexual.

Homosexuality is also based on environmental factors. I went through a period in my life where I thought I was gay. If you need more proof then I have tons of links ready.

Under what circumstances exactly are homosexual parents more likely to abuse their adopted children more than any other parents?

Oh my fucking lord, did you even read the above post?

I'm saying that homosexual sexual abuse would cause more damage to that person. Think if about it, in theory, if you were going to get raped by a man or a women, you would probably have a favorite right?

That's an illogical argument. Just because they're picked on by others it doesn't mean they's something wrong with them. Some kids are getting picked for having red hair or for being short. Should we also blame their parents in that case?

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them. I'm saying they could still get picked on, and true or not, it still hurts the kid not fitting in socially.

The post was edited 2 times, last by nowreally ().

nowreally wrote:

Did you have two dads or two moms? If you didn't, you shouldn't be talking.

Did you? Because if not then you shouldn't be either.

But in any case, a caring, loving home is better than a broken home, regardless of who the parents are.

nowreally wrote:

Only a few studies have been done with mixed results.

Post these studies.

nowreally wrote:

Having a favourite? Are you for real? Being raped is being raped, it doesn't matter who it is.

nowreally wrote:

Absolutely they are!

nowreally wrote:

A man and a woman have a baby, two guys don't.

What does this have to do with anything?

nowreally wrote:

Homosexuality is also based on environmental factors. I went through a period in my life where I thought I was gay. If you need more proof then I have tons of links ready.

Post these links. Homosexuality has been observed throughout human history all over the world, with obviously very different environments.
      - George Carlin