Mono

• This is probably a thread somewhere, so sorry.

Anyway, my friend just got mono and she's been out of school all week. I drank after her all the time for weeks before she got any symptoms. I know I could get it from that, but I looked mono up and it says the incubation period is four to six weeks. Does this mean that I may not develop it for a month, if at all? Could I develop it sooner? Should I just make sure no one drinks after me for a few months so that I don't pass it on to someone else?

Also, if any of you have had mono, how long were you out of school for? Were your teachers pretty cool about not killing you with make up work?
      [SIZE="2"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.
      ~Oma Desala, Stargate SG-1, Episode "Meridian"[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    • Psh. I didn't get to be out of school at all for it. Lucky bastards. :mad:

Anyway, I'd just be safe and not let anyone drink after you for a while, just in case you did get it from your friend. A few weeks should be good enough, but if you start to show symptoms, get tested immediately.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]
    • GoddessofJudecca wrote:

Psh. I didn't get to be out of school at all for it. Lucky bastards. :mad:

Anyway, I'd just be safe and not let anyone drink after you for a while, just in case you did get it from your friend. A few weeks should be good enough, but if you start to show symptoms, get tested immediately.

~Maggot

What she said.

And you lost a red box. :(
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)
    • GoddessofJudecca wrote:

Nah, don't worry, that didn't do much. I've gotten four since then and only four -reps, though, and those did.

~Maggot

Yey.

Damn them! :( *hugs*
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)
    • i never had it...my friend has it now, hes been out 2 weeks so far. he was in school for one week when he had it, but it got worse and he was 2 sick to come. at first the doctor just said keep ur face to urself, but he says its kinda like the flu n he stayed home.

we've been bringing him his work, hes got tons n tons of stuff to do. hes a junior at a super smart honors school though, so he always has a lot.

just go to the doctor if ur worried about it. like everything else if u find it sooner itll b better.