Would life of been better without Christianity ?

• Re: Would life of been better without Christianity ?

Not just Christianity, but all organized religion. We lost 500-1000 years of knowledge the Greeks had accumulated from great minds such as Plato, Aristotle, and others. They burned books, surpressed knowledge, and set up their subjects to fail. Even to this day, they fight knowledge tooth and nail in favor of their own well being. You could present a religious person with physical proof that religion is malarkey and they would still find a fallacy to back up their beliefs.

You do not need a church to experience god.
      [FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Indigo"][CENTER]&&Do What Thou Wilt&&[/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

I think if Rome hadn't chosen christianity... they would have picked a different religion. Even science itself is never completely conclusive.

People will rally together behind anything that unites them into a common purpose and each philosophy/scientific theory/religion/etc. etc. cannot claim to be all encompassing in knowledge of the universe or even of our own history. Our relationship with technological advancement is a pendulum that swings between dark ages and ages of enlightenment. I think its a bit naive to blame any particular religion.
      "Nothing ruins the taste of peanut butter like unrequited love" - Charlie Brown

Personally i say yes because if you face it, alot of people take the bible too seriously. everyday people kill people if the bible says so and they can say freedom of religion as a backup to not go to jail for murder.

and people that go out and kill gays (neive that i am saying this because i am 1/2 german and my great grandfather was a Nazi) can say freedom of religion to get away with homoside.

i think it would be better without christianity because of that and the fact that i am an Atheist (soley belive in science for everything).

FYI:That was long...
      Nerdy and i know it.

>of
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

In order to make such claim, the religion must first be disprove.
      I don't believe in religion for most religions are pure nonsense full of violent's and ignorance.
      I don't believe that someone need to be in a religion in order to worship God since most people believe that there is only one God but there are too many religions in this world. Most people would be confused on which religion is actually the real religion and would blame the people for creating them but let's understand this first;
      Human created religions; true.
      God created human; could be true,could be false.
      Meaning God created humans who will eventually create other religions.
      God is omnipotent and omniscient in the eyes of religious people meaning he can see everything way before he even created the entire human species. In what I believe, if God do exist, he didn't just "create" all those religious just for fun of it or to test nor confuse people's mind, he created them maybe because all those religious are valid to him and that he gave people choice to pick which religion suits them as long as they believe in him. But that doesn't mean that they need a religion in order to believe in him.
      So, my conclusion is that you don't need a religion in order to believe/worship him. As long as you choose to believe in him, I don't see why religion are so important since most religions in the world promotes violent's and yes, the idiots in their religion who believe that violent's is the answer are also should be blame for it.

xoxcarouselxox wrote:

Not just Christianity, but all organized religion. We lost 500-1000 years of knowledge the Greeks had accumulated from great minds such as Plato, Aristotle, and others. They burned books, surpressed knowledge, and set up their subjects to fail. Even to this day, they fight knowledge tooth and nail in favor of their own well being. You could present a religious person with physical proof that religion is malarkey and they would still find a fallacy to back up their beliefs.

You do not need a church to experience god.

:love1:

Lots of people caused lots of horrible things throughout time. Stalin was an atheist, Hitler was Christian, bin Laden a Muslim, and all wanted dead over those who weren't equal minded. Same with politics. Mao killed many non-Communists. The Americans killed the Rosenbergs for being nothing other than Communists. People have been killed for nationality, ethnicity, appearance and many, many other things over time.

I think that it wouldn't matter if we had religion or not. Humanity can always find something to kill each other over.

I dont think the world would be better without religion or Christianity.I think it provides the world with diversity! Religion helps bring people together and having something to believe in is good for peo

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Sorry I accidently posted there^
      It's good for people to have something to believe in! It brings people together! And I do understand that we could be further forward in scientific development but these developments may have not been good! Personally I feel that my faith has helped me through alot of times! I think that having something to believe in is great and the world in my opinion would be worst off without religion it can help make life's challenges easier and it can be very rewarding!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Littlemissteenager ().

Littlemissteenager wrote:

I dont think the world would be better without religion or Christianity. I think it provides the world with diversity! Religion helps bring people together and having something to believe in is good for peo

Religion doesn't provide diversity. Go almost anywhere in the world and there'll be a major religion there and then there'll be minority religions that are either oppressed or unnoticeable. That's not very diverse to me.

It's good for people to have something to believe in! It brings people together!

So did the Beatles. Do you suggest we start worshiping them? I agree it's good for people to have something to believe in, but it's also good not to have genocide, or war, or oppression. You could probably argue that the good outweighs the bad, but it doesn't. People die and nothing happens, but they die thinking they're going somewhere so they die happy. Does that seem good to you?

You can believe in SOMETHING without that SOMETHING being a God.

And I do understand that we could be further forward in scientific development but these developments may have not been good!

Huh? Are you serious? Shut up. You're done. If I could I would literally reach through your screen right now and slap the shit out of you.

Personally I feel that my faith has helped me through alot of times!

That's nice and all, but a lot of people have been murdered and oppressed in the name of your faith. I don't give a fuck what your faith has gotten you through, that's wrong, and anything that can distort your view of right and wrong is (in my opinion) evil.

I think that having something to believe in is great and the world in my opinion would be worst off without religion it can help make life's challenges easier and it can be very rewarding!

You haven't given a single logical reason as to why you feel that way. :nono:

The post was edited 3 times, last by Globalization ().

Everyone has the right to opinion. I completely respect yours but in my mind I will always believe that religion is a good thing and the world is better with it! I am probally biesed due to the fact that I am catholic. Religion isn't actually what caused the wars. That was an excuse or it may have been the reason but it was ye individuals who chose to act this way that caused wars and deaths! Religion is actually about peace and loving everyone and treating everyone as equals by following your religious ethos! Religion does bring people together and I'm not meaning to imply that that's why we shop worship it just that it's one of its many positives.
      I respect your opinion and will admit that you do present some valid points but in my opinion religion helps make the world a better place.

Uhm, HELLLLLLO ?!?!?!?! Have you never heard of the Crusades? Wars BLESSED BY THE FUCKING POPE.

I was a Christian once, I've read the bible hun, I know all about peace and love but religion has morphed into something that isn't that.

You have yet to give me a good reason as to how Religion has made the world a better place besides the fact that that's just how you feel.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Globalization ().