Troubled moments

• Troubled moments

My history of being in relationships is a bit blind for me and my current one is felling like it might fall in that path. I'm 22 and in a Relationship that my parents dont know of and ive kept it a secret for almost 3 years, I always put parents first before anything else. Im attending college right now and the deal with my parents is that I dont have to pay rent if I just kept fallowing chores routine. My boyfriend, however lives a pretty easy life, even though he lives with his parents too. I sometimes, but usually, always fallow my parents rules// where in his case is a bit on and off // he believes that since im old enough to make my own decisions that I shouldn't fallow my parents rules and that im being babyied // he does have moments before // but usually not with me // gets easily upset // his parents do drink and at some moments everything gets verbally harsh // I need help, advice to this situation // before we even dated we were best friends // I had a crush on him in highschool // during my sophmore year and up Ive never heard from him again// I found out through my second relationship that he had an acquaintance he wanted me to meet// and it ended up being my high school crush that disapperd from the face of the earth. my second relationship ended up being verbally abusive and I ended up being even closer // I went through 3 relationships // and my bf now is only in his first ( and that's with me) // he was always shy due to his structure // I just really need advice when it comes to fallowing my parents rules vs getting in an argument with him // I know he doesn't mean to burst out but .... Im just so lost:(
    • Re: Troubled moments

Since you still live with your parents you should follow a part of their rules, normally if your that age you would need to pay a part of the rent or something and your parents just llet you do the chores and not pay anything. so they ust have the own way on that.
      Depends on the parents, some let teir children pay rents etc. in time and some not.

And I agree that your old enough that you can make your own decisions, the things you are doing, work and your relarionship but still you live with them and old enough to help them around a bit so my opnion I think its just normal depending on the parents, some have ules and some not.
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]
    • Re: Troubled moments

You are old enough to be dating whomever you choose, regardless of what your parents think of him.

The only solution is to move out on your own and not let your parents direct your life. If you live in their house, you have to go by their rules.

Remember, it is YOUR life. Don't let them live it for you.
      Author of the love and relationship advice blog Staked in the Heart stakedintheheart.com/