Questions about men shaving pubic area? Help please!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Questions about men shaving pubic area? Help please!

Hi, I'm a guy in my late teens and I've been considering shaving my pubic area. I'm very unsure, and I had a few questions. If I decided I didn't like it, how long would it take to grow back to normal? How unpleasant is the regrowth time? How common are ingrown hairs from it growing back? Basically, I want to know if I can easily stop if I dont like it. Thanks!
    • Re: Questions about men shaving pubic area? Help please!

1. What is "normal" ?
      2. Depends on how you shave, what you shave with, etc.
      3. Not incredibly common, but they do happen occasionally.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

I guess it happens occasionally although I don't know anyone who does because I honestly don't know one homosexual male mostly because they are uncommon here but no I do not. I'm just curious who thought it would be sexy to make their men balder than an 8 year old.
      [CENTER][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]I just think you people would be happier back in Africa where you came from[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Kudos Operator.

kidfromthegrid wrote:

Hi, I'm a guy in my late teens and I've been considering shaving my pubic area. I'm very unsure, and I had a few questions. If I decided I didn't like it, how long would it take to grow back to normal? How unpleasant is the regrowth time? How common are ingrown hairs from it growing back? Basically, I want to know if I can easily stop if I dont like it. Thanks!

How fast do you usually grow your hair? Should be about the same.
      Regrowth the first time is always unpleasant, from what i hear. Mostly depends on how short you shave/cut your hair. Shouldn't be unpleasant if you shave properly.

Ingrown hairs are inevitable, just be extra careful with how you shave.
      If you're going to try it, try it. It's not like you'll be walking around naked. If you don't like it, don't do it again.
      Plain and simple.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DauntlessApathy ().

This is to the person who gave the bad reputation about my last comment. Come around here and if you shaved your pubes someone would find out and you would be labeled Gay and probably get the crap beat out of you on principle. Even though Don't ask don't tell got repealed many people don't like them here.
      [CENTER][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]I just think you people would be happier back in Africa where you came from[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

To Icesar. I'm going to go all pretentious on you and say you're ridiculous. One, having hair doesn't make an area unclean. If it did, your scalp would be nasty, right? Second, you posted a topic recently saying that you were asexual. If you were, why would it even matter to you?

Sorry ^^;

As posted other places, I have a huge phobia of rough body hair. I don't know why, it just bothers me and looks unclean when I see it. Pubic hair had the original use of keeping dirt out so maybe that's why I see it as unclean. *shrugs* And besides the cleanliness issue, I also find being shaved more symmetrical and all together aesthetically pleasing.

But I don't quite understand how me being asexual has anything to do with this. Just because I am asexual doesn't mean that I can not look at, as example, nude art does it?

Depends, but after a month you'll probably have it all covered with hair. You'll probably need few months to get it back in full bush stage. (hairs of 2-3-4 inches long)

It shouldn't be unpleasant if you do it right

Not if you do it right

You can stop whenever you want (I suppose, if you have a willpower to stop your hand from shaving). You might try trimming it very very short and see how it feels and looks.