Gay Catholic needs help with Sexual Addiction!

• Gay Catholic needs help with Sexual Addiction!

Hello there!

This is a pretty extreme topic, so please bear with me.

I'm a gay male Catholic and I'm having problems with sexual frustration. I know homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible, but there's nothing I can do to change my orientation. I tried to force myself to like girls, but that brought me severe mental issues and depression. So, I decided to accept who I am and do my best not to offend God any further. I also vowed never to have a boyfriend or marry a man.

Of course, my sexual frustration built up, so I used masturbation as a release. I did the act frequently for four years and it became an addiction, until I read that masturbation is considered to be a sin as well. To break this addiction, I abstained from the act for more than a month.

My urge to masturbate is now lessened, but it's still there, and it's eating me alive. I tried to distract myself from sexual thoughts by exercising, doing homework, praying the rosary, etc., but I can still feel the sadness of the thought that I can never have any sexual activity without the danger of going to hell. I really love God, but this burden He gave me is so heavy, and I'm tired. Please help me with my dilemma! Any word of advice would be appreciated!
    • Re: Gay Catholic needs help with Sexual Addiction!

Hey =)
      Gah, I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you with religion and everything!
      Like, I 100% respect religion and other peoples beliefs, but it must be so hard when it comes to things like this !

First of all though, I know what your beliefs are .. but masturbating is totally naturall!
      and as for the gay thing, lovely you can't do this to yourself :(

You shouldn't feel like you have to try to force yourself into anything you don't want! If you like guys, that's that.
      This is difficult for me to actually comment on because I'm not religious but I know how this is the major part of this situation and how you won't want to defy God or anything.

But you just have to be true to who you are, I'm sure the people around you will be supportive.
      and, if you have a pure soul .. which evidently you do! You sound lovely bless you, trying all of this because of your religion!

But because you're pure and God knows you love him and worship him, any of this you think of as a 'sin' which being honest hun it really isn't, this is just natural. :)
      Then God will forgive :')

Message me whenever you need a chat, I'm always here for you! :)

Thank you so much Bethany for your kind words. You made me feel a whole lot better.

I agree that masturbation is physically natural. It's just that I'm afraid of breaking one of God's laws that I'm in this situation. I wish the Bible could elaborate more on homosexuals. Again, thanks for your support.

I welcome more replies!

The post was edited 1 time, last by precursor ().

Personally I doubt that God is against homosexuals, as you said you were born homosexual and even though you tried to change your "tastes" you are still homosexual. So do you think God would create homosexuals and then hate them? Also remember that neither God or Jesus wrote the Bible, and the traduction from latin and greek to modern languages has modified the meaning of certain parts of the Bible. I think God would want you to be yourself.