Should old people have to take driving tests to keep their licenses at a certain age?

• Re: Should old people have to take driving tests to keep their licenses at a certain

vigilante wrote:

Yeah but usually younger people are more alert and will obviously pass the tests. Old people are weak and not very smart.

I would have to disagree with saying that old people are not very smart. I have met a good amount who could probably outwit most people in anything.

But I think anyone 55 or older should have to take a test every 2 years. Just because everybodies health starts to decline about then memory loss of vision etc... short attention span. The old people up here Drive freaking horrible, & yes it does effect safety on the road. I honestly think anyone over 65 should not be driving period.

Not just due to horrible driving but a lot of accidents are cause by old people having a heart attach stroke etc while driving.

my friend got into an accident his nose got completely torn off, & it was bc the man who ran into them had a heart attack while driving.
    • Re: Should old people have to take driving tests to keep their licenses at a certain

Old people (I'm talking 70+) should get a test every two years in my opinion. The other day I saw an old lady park horizontally in a parking spot, then as we are walking in she asks someone to point her out to the bread aisle because she can't read the signs. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! That is SO dangerous!
      :hugs:[SIZE=4]BunnyChu[/SIZE]