what do you think of los angeles?

• Re: what do you think of los angeles?

L.A isn't like any other major city in the world though. Which means I need to retract my original statement (why is it that I find myself constantly doing this?) that L.A is a more Glamm'd up version of Phoenix, AZ. Each city is diverse and has something new and unique to show somebody.
    i don't sleep

l.a. is not like any other city in the world. look at the pics dude. find me another city that has an elevation at sea level to over 5,000 feet mixed in with this sunny, warm climate and an urban setting! if i want to i can snowboard at over 10,000 feet and surf all in one day!

and in reality i am normal. i never talk about how superior l.a. is off this site. i'm a baseball player, surfer, skater, snowboarder, football player, basketball player, and a street hockey player. i listen to dr. dre, nwa, snoop dogg, 2pac, three 6 mafia, notorious big, nas, lil' wayne, and some rock... i'm completely normal.

and dude you have over 6,000 posts and i'm not normal?! i have a life.

The post was edited 1 time, last by FridayInLA ().

FridayInLA wrote:

l.a. is not like any other city in the world. look at the pics dude. find me another city that has an elevation at sea level to over 5,000 feet mixed in with this sunny, warm climate and an urban setting! if i want to i can snowboard at over 10,000 feet and surf all in one day!

and in reality i am normal. i never talk about how superior l.a. is off this site. i'm a baseball player, surfer, skater, snowboarder, football player, basketball player, and a street hockey player. i listen to dr. dre, nwa, snoop dogg, 2pac, three 6 mafia, notorious big, nas, lil' wayne, and some rock... i'm completely normal.

and dude you have over 6,000 posts and i'm not normal?! i have a life.

... Why do you insist on digging a bigger hole?
    She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
    But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
    I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
    She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

Ammon wrote:

... Why do you insist on digging a bigger hole?

what hole? this is a one way street in l.a.! and the only way to go is forward! this is 2008. if your city can't keep up maybe you should shut the hell up. dogging this modern, up-to-date, beautiful city is getting you nowhere. california gets plenty of rain... try northern cali. why do you think california's primary export is agricultural? well we do have the entertainment industry hypnotizing and satisfying people around the world. if hollywood went down, the world would be in uproar. people love l.a. but what can i say? l.a. is just that much better! :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by FridayInLA ().

JTR229 wrote:

L.A is my hometown.Im from East L.A and the Mexican population is insane. This summer I'm going to visit my grandma in Pomona which is in L.A county on the Eastside.I can't stand Hollywood though,because everytime I walk into a store the asian dudes behind the counter won't stop looking at me(welcome to the life of a black guy in North L.A)

really? l.a. is really accepting of other cultures now. how long ago was this? hell you should be staring them down your family was here before theirs!

Its been years, but I visit frequently and I'm quite familiar with the Santa Monica to Venice areas.I love hittin up Palomares skatepark in Pomona,or if I feel like snowboarding, I can hit the Mountains and snowboard.If I'm hungry, take my ass over to N and Out Burger and grab a bite to eat. There is no other city like it,amazing.

Nokaa wrote:

In my opinion, LA is just nasty and overrated as a whole. There are some pretty areas, but not many. Its fun to visit .. but after the first day its just like "get me out of here."

thats cause u live in ohio where a 4 people family can get by on 20k a year.

trust me if u had the money to live comfterably in any major city: NYC LA Chicago london moscow paris or anywhere else you would

and 100k is gonna get you by barley in any of those citys

FridayInLA wrote:

what hole? this is a one way street in l.a.! and the only way to go is forward! this is 2008. if your city can't keep up maybe you should shut the hell up. dogging this modern, up-to-date, beautiful city is getting you nowhere. california gets plenty of rain... try northern cali. why do you think california's primary export is agricultural? well we do have the entertainment industry hypnotizing and satisfying people around the world. if hollywood went down, the world would be in uproar. people love l.a. but what can i say? l.a. is just that much better! :)

Let me try to spell this out for you:

No one here is jealous of L.A. In fact, nobody here except you really cares... at all.

And sure, the world just loves remakes of Japanese movies, this time with crappy actors. ;)
    She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
    But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
    I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
    She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

JTR229 wrote:

Its been years, but I visit frequently and I'm quite familiar with the Santa Monica to Venice areas.I love hittin up Palomares skatepark in Pomona,or if I feel like snowboarding, I can hit the Mountains and snowboard.If I'm hungry, take my ass over to N and Out Burger and grab a bite to eat. There is no other city like it,amazing.

yeah i love it! people always rag on us for having no character but that's because we have too many characters! chicago = buildings, london = old buildings, what else? l.a. = buildings, mountains, beaches, palms, sandy desert and green grass, nightlife, non-congested neighborhoods that don't suffocate you like nyc and chicago, better architecture than any of those east coast cities (i bet those east coast buildings couldn't stand up during a 5.0 quake), world class shopping, world class dining, entertainment, etc.! and who can forget the hollywood glamour or watching a sunset at the beach? ahhh... l.a. :)

btw, i love chicago. never been to london though.

Sasha Vassily wrote:

As much as I know of -
    • Sochi, Russia.
    • Athens, Greece.
    • Nice, France.
    • Ajaccio, France.
    • Naples, Italy
    Just because you don't know places that have mountains and beaches together doesn't mean LA is unique for it in the world.

those places are hardly cities... other than athens. naples i've heard is an italian ghetto. :)

Yeah, that makes for a normal person. Listening to rap music and playing American sports makes for the perfect life. Yeah, for a loser that keeps on harping at other to 'get a life'. You need one, kid. :rolleyes:

sorry sasha i've had a life and have accomplished more than most people already! hell i'm on my way to pro football (not soccer)!

This site is mine so having 6000 posts in my site in a span of 3 years isn't something that destroys life. Making 8 posts a day takes 2X8 = 16 minutes which is only a fraction of my entire day of 1440 minutes.

i doubt you're only on here for 16 minutes a day. :)

You come to someone else's site to shout praises of your city and call members 'not normal' for liking rains. And you're tell ME to get a life? You are an idiot troll and really needs to see a psychiatrist. If I had to choose between being an idiot and being dead, I'd choose death. Life as an idiot isn't worth living, after what I have achieved. :rolleyes:

i need no psyciatrist i need the california sun! :)

ice13water wrote:

thats cause u live in ohio where a 4 people family can get by on 20k a year.

trust me if u had the money to live comfterably in any major city: NYC LA Chicago london moscow paris or anywhere else you would

and 100k is gonna get you by barley in any of those citys

Oh please.
    1.) You know nothing about my financial situation, so don't act like you do :).
    2.) Despite what you may think, not everybody likes big cities. That being said, I didn't say I don't like big cities, I've lived in big cities before. I said I don't like LA, theres a difference.
    3.) I gave my opinion on LA, which is what was asked for. If he didn't want to hear opinions, then he shouldn't have asked for them. He couldn't have honestly thought that everbody and their mothers would think LA is the greatest city in the world.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]We've been treating love like a battlefield
    For far too long.
    [/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Sasha Vassily you're my hero:D

LA is bla. I love NYC though, much better.
    And screw you fridayinla!!! How dare you to insult Naples!!!! I bet you havent been there, ugh:mad:
    Go out and travel fridayinla before saying that LA is the best city in the world.

Here's a pic of Naples:
    Robert Downey JR owns me!!:p

Now I'm going to retract my previous claim because you're (OG) an idiot.

I would feel better sticking up for you and your city if it were more accessible and didn't have such a disgusting micro climate. Or that after spending an afternoon on your streets I don't feel the need to get to a shower and wash myself because of how greasy and dirty I feel.
    You're city has problems, like the giant cloud of smog that encompasses it.
    I don't think NYC is all that much better. I do think Chicago (hoooome) and Boston destroy it. Actually, most East coast cities destroy it. Heck, even small Southern cities are superior to LA. And it still is similar to Phoenix, Arizona but I won't just call it a glammed up version, it does have some things to offer than Phoenix doesn't.
    i don't sleep