Marijuana should be legal or not?

• Re: Marijuana should be legal or not?

Encoreliber wrote:

Buuuut. If weed were legal, in all forms. I would grow my own, roll my own, smoke my own, sell a lil to my friends. Make hash. Just saying. XD if it were legal I'd be one hell of an awesome dude. :P But it's illegal. :/ which makes me sad.

I'm pretty sure that it would never be legal to sell your own weed. You can make your own beer or wine, or grow your own tobacco, but you can't sell it.

V1NC3 wrote:

This^ People should stop complaining about marijuana being illegal because our governments already gave us this wonderful substance to work with

lol, what? :lol:

Encoreliber wrote:

I smoke. Just saying. But that's all I do. Just gonna preface the next part with that. Buuuut. If weed were legal, in all forms. I would grow my own, roll my own, smoke my own, sell a lil to my friends. Make hash. Just saying. XD if it were legal I'd be one hell of an awesome dude. :P But it's illegal. :/ which makes me sad.

Just grow your own pot, it's cheaper than buying it, you can grow as much or as little as you need. If you want to sell it, sell it, if you want to make hash (FUCK YEAH!) make hash. I'm growing myself, FUCK DAH POLICE!
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4] I Love You Cassie<3
      OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

I think weed should be legalized. I think people should be able to do whatever drugs they'd like in the privacy of their own home.

If certain regulations were made to where people can only hold a certain amount of weed on them at a time, and other safety precautions, then I don't see problems with it.

gman4354 wrote:

there's still hasn't been a single documented death related to Marijuana use.

Man in Wheelchair Killed by Man Driving Under Influence of Marijuana - Page 2 - Grasscity.com Forums
      truth: the Anti-drugwar Cannabis "Related" Deaths (2001)
      Some documented marijuana related deaths for you.

That's because the weed in itself doesn't kill people. The effects it has (i.e. driving under the influence or acting foolishly) or the cancer it may or may not cause (people may have had the cancer regardless of the use of it) go down as the causes of death.
      These deaths could have happened without the marijuana, but the marijuana statistically makes it more likely.
      [CENTER]Elocution so divine[/CENTER]

Well if alcohol is legal, marijuana should be, too. Obviously, things like DUIs and DWIs would have to expand to encompass driving under the influence of it. People will do it anyway, and making it legal will hugely decrease marijuana related murders. It's not any worse for you than alcohol, and hellooooo - we could tax the crap out of it. It makes perfect sense to legalize marijuana.

Bri7 wrote:

Obviously, things like DUIs and DWIs would have to expand to encompass driving under the influence of it.

I think they already do, but unlike alcohol, any amount of THC in your system is enough to land you a DUI (at least, some sort of small amount above a particular threshold, it may depend on how sensitive the tests are). I'd think it's similar to the way you can get a DUI even for prescription medications that impair your ability to drive. I don't think it happens very often, though.

The problem is that the tests aren't as simple as a breathalyzer, and can't determine the "amount" of intoxication the same way we measure blood alcohol content (i.e. you can set a legal limit for alcohol, but it's not so easy for marijuana). This creates quite a slippery slope, especially since marijuana lingers in the body and can still be detected a few days later.

Placebo wrote:

Some documented marijuana related deaths for you.

That's because the weed in itself doesn't kill people. The effects it has (i.e. driving under the influence or acting foolishly) or the cancer it may or may not cause (people may have had the cancer regardless of the use of it) go down as the causes of death.
      These deaths could have happened without the marijuana, but the marijuana statistically makes it more likely.
      The old man was illegally driving in the middle of a road at nearly midnight when it was pitch black.

There is only so much you can expect of a driver. Marijuana stays in the blood for over 20 days, so you can't even tell me he was under the influence when the incident occured.

Marijuana has been shown to cure cancer, make people drive safer (yes, rulings in canada recently have been in favor of weed smokers, as the judges are saying that there is no proof marijuana causes the driver to lose their ability to drive), and is a great anti-depressant.

Also, none of those "documented cases" are legitimate in any manner. You cannot say a cellphone killed Mr. Tom, when someone runs into his car because they are texting. It doesn't work like that, it was the other persons lack of responsibility and smarts that caused the death. They were killed by a vehicle, not marijuana.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Truthe ().

Truthe wrote:

You cannot say a cellphone killed Mr. Tom, when someone runs into his car because they are texting. It doesn't work like that, it was the other persons lack of responsibility and smarts that caused the death. They were killed by a vehicle, not marijuana.

guns don't kill people, people kill people!
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Truthe wrote:

Marijuana has been shown to cure cancer

No it hasn't. It's perhaps shown some promise in in vitro studies or other studies with an extremely small sample size. And usually it's a specific extracted molecule (e.g. THC only, CBD only, etc.) - not the marijuana plant itself.

Keep the medical debate and the widespread legalization debate separate. Just because something might be useful medically doesn't mean we sell it to the public so they can get high.

make people drive safer (yes, rulings in canada recently have been in favor of weed smokers, as the judges are saying that there is no proof marijuana causes the driver to lose their ability to drive)

Are you sure?

I'd venture to guess that rulings go in favour because there's no reliable test for level of intoxication, not because there's proof that it's safer.

legalize. all the way. i have read up hours on end and it can be safely controlled which amendment 64 proves in the USA, i believe its Oregon, Colorado and Washington voting to legalize it. i would write out my own long winded explanation but if you really want to see why im so for it just do a bit of googling and your own research and you will soon find the answers.

In my city, this one guy was driving around high and he stuck his head out of the window of his car and took his head off with a mailbox. So why should we legaliSe again?
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!

I don't have a strong opinion on whether or not it should be legalised in general, because I think it causes trouble simply by existing. However, I do strongly believe that it should be legalised for a lot more medical uses. My mother has chronic pain and neuropathy, among her 384723473284 other medical problems that have hospitalised her numerous times. More than one doctor has suggested marijuana as a treatment to dull her pain...but, since it is illegal in the state we live in now, she cannot have it. Even hospice patients cannot get it in my state. Legally anyways.
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!