Education

• CallMeSmally wrote:

Do you think primary school should be compulsory for all children?

I think education is overrated. Because of the focus on education it has created an imbalanced class system. In fact this pandemic which has currently arise has shown the modern world what is and what isn't essential in society. It comes down to what isn't parasitic. As for a social tool? The world had learn to be social long before educational institutions were put in place.

The further improvement of artificial intelligent super neuron networks and 3D printers will make traditional human educational schools a thing of the past.
    • jade_girl_15 wrote:

Little_Lilith wrote:

CallMeSmally wrote:

I think education is overrated. Because of the focus on education it has created an imbalanced class system. In fact this pandemic which has currently arise has shown the modern world what is and what isn't essential in society. It comes down to what isn't parasitic. As for a social tool? The world had learn to be social long before educational institutions were put in place.
      The further improvement of artificial intelligent super neuron networks and 3D printers will make traditional human educational schools a thing of the past.
      with all due respect, your grammatically incorrect post about education only proves just how important education is. Spouting off claims like “I believe” with absolutely no factual evidence to backup your claim is absurd and dangerous. There is data to support those with an education beyond secondary education earn more money in their lifetime and are more satisfied with their lives overall. I’d encourage you to do some research before making unfounded claims about the class system and AI. I’d encourage you to go to the projects and ask how many of them have an education and then discuss the class system. I’d also love to see your research on 3D printing and AI. Do you know what jobs will be replaced? Unskilled labor. Guess who has an unskilled labor job? The uneducated. If you’re going to post like you’re a know it all please back it up with facts not what you think. People could seriously choose to listen to you and be worse off for it.
      The original poster asked for my thoughts on the matter. I didn't know my opinion would turn into an argument to which I would have to state facts to prove such a case. But a new study published by the Brooking Institution and the Stanford University doctoral candidate Michael Webb analyzed the overlap between more than 16,000 AI related patents and more than 800 job descriptions and found that highly educated, well paid workers will be heavily affected by the spread of AI.

Workers who hold a bachelor’s degree, for example, would be replaced by AI over five times more than those with only a high school degree or less. That’s because AI is especially good at completing tasks that require planning, learning, reasoning, problem-solving and predicting most of which are skills required for white collar jobs.

A list of high-paying jobs that will have some of the highest replacement to AI. The jobs below face the highest replacement to AI in the near future:
      • Chemical engineers (median salary: $104,910 per year)
      • Political scientists (median salary: $117,570 per year)
      • Nuclear technicians (median salary: $79,140 per year)
      • Physicists (median salary: $120,950 per year)
      • Occupational therapists (median salary: $84,270 per year)
      • Gas plant operators (median salary: $83,020 per year)
      • Administrative law judges, adjudicators and hearing officers (median salary: $94,790 per year)
      AI is good at tasks that involve judgment and optimization, which tend to be done by higher-skilled workers. So if you’re optimizing ads as an online marketer or a radiologist interpreting medical scans, all of these things take a long time for humans to be good at them. But when it comes to algorithms, once you have the right training data, they tend to be better than humans.

User interfaces have gotten so much simpler, shifting power to the masses. Novices can write word documents, store recipes, play solitaire and manage family checkbooks. You can edit video, translate text into dozens of languages and even run background checks on potential people all while standing in line at the grocery store. Low skilled blue collar workers use technology everyday. Coal miners no longer need to breathe toxic fumes. Factory workers no longer need to stare at conveyor belts. These are manual jobs that a robot currently cannot do. It seems will not be doing for a long while from now. Humans are not as efficient as machines in processing data and these are where skilled jobs are are found.

As for my grammar? What's wrong with it? Is it too unorthodox for you? As long as you understand what I say, I really don't see the problem nor care? Or is it because the writing does not fit into the system you were indoctrinated in? Thomas Edison, The Wright Brothers, Michael Faraday, Gregor Mendel, Mark Twain just some of the genius throughout history who were never bred into indoctrination. Look at Leonardo Da Vinci for example, the whole modern medical scientific foundation has been built upon from his findings. He had to hide his research and experiments otherwise the institution at the time he was developing them would have deemed him a heretic and burnt him to the stake.

Isn't that what education has nearly become these days? The professors cardinals, our teachers the priest? Men & women who have created their own titles to achieve self importance from doing nothing only to send us to mass five times a week to learn their stale outdated dogma and receive a free lunch as a token of sacramental bread for attending holy communion.
      You talk about your unorthodox sexuality on here? Why is my unorthodoxy so different and pointed out as so? Is it because it's not a talking point from a reproductive organ perspective?
    • Little_Lilith wrote:

jade_girl_15 wrote:

Little_Lilith wrote:

CallMeSmally wrote:

I think education is overrated. Because of the focus on education it has created an imbalanced class system. In fact this pandemic which has currently arise has shown the modern world what is and what isn't essential in society. It comes down to what isn't parasitic. As for a social tool? The world had learn to be social long before educational institutions were put in place.The further improvement of artificial intelligent super neuron networks and 3D printers will make traditional human educational schools a thing of the past.
      with all due respect, your grammatically incorrect post about education only proves just how important education is. Spouting off claims like “I believe” with absolutely no factual evidence to backup your claim is absurd and dangerous. There is data to support those with an education beyond secondary education earn more money in their lifetime and are more satisfied with their lives overall. I’d encourage you to do some research before making unfounded claims about the class system and AI. I’d encourage you to go to the projects and ask how many of them have an education and then discuss the class system. I’d also love to see your research on 3D printing and AI. Do you know what jobs will be replaced? Unskilled labor. Guess who has an unskilled labor job? The uneducated. If you’re going to post like you’re a know it all please back it up with facts not what you think. People could seriously choose to listen to you and be worse off for it.
      The original poster asked for my thoughts on the matter. I didn't know my opinion would turn into an argument to which I would have to state facts to prove such a case. But a new study published by the Brooking Institution and the Stanford University doctoral candidate Michael Webb analyzed the overlap between more than 16,000 AI related patents and more than 800 job descriptions and found that highly educated, well paid workers will be heavily affected by the spread of AI.
      Workers who hold a bachelor’s degree, for example, would be replaced by AI over five times more than those with only a high school degree or less. That’s because AI is especially good at completing tasks that require planning, learning, reasoning, problem-solving and predicting — most of which are skills required for white collar jobs.

A list of high-paying jobs that will have some of the highest replacement to AI. The jobs below face the highest replacement to AI in the near future:
      • Administrative law judges, adjudicators and hearing officers (median salary: $94,790 per year)
      AI is good at tasks that involve judgment and optimization, which tend to be done by higher-skilled workers. So if you’re optimizing ads as an online marketer or a radiologist interpreting medical scans, all of these things take a long time for humans to be good at them. But when it comes to algorithms, once you have the right training data, they tend to be better than humans.

User interfaces have gotten so much simpler, shifting power to the masses. Novices can write word documents, store recipes, play solitaire and manage family checkbooks. You can edit video, translate text into dozens of languages and even run background checks on potential people all while standing in line at the grocery store. Low skilled blue collar workers use technology everyday. Coal miners no longer need to breathe toxic fumes. Factory workers no longer need to stare at conveyor belts. These are manual jobs that a robot currently cannot do it it seems will not be doing for a long while from now Humans are not as efficient as machines in processing data and these are where skilled jobs are are found.

As for my grammar? What's wrong with it? Is it too unorthodox for you? As long as you understand what I say, I really don't see the problem nor care? Or is it because the writing does not fit into the system you were indoctrinated in? Thomas Edison, The Wright Brothers, Michael Faraday, Gregor Mendel, Mark Twain just some of the genius throughout history who were never bred into indoctrination. Look at Leonardo Da Vinci for example, the whole modern medical scientific foundation has been built upon from his findings. He had to hide his research and experiments otherwise the institution at the time he was developing them would have deemed him a heretic and burnt him to the stake.

Isn't that what education has nearly become these days? The professors cardinals, our teachers the priest? Men & women who have created their own titles to achieve self importance from doing nothing only to send us to mass five times a week to learn their stale outdated dogma and receive a free lunch as a token of sacramental bread for attending holy communion.
      You talk about your unorthodox sexuality on here? Why is my unorthodoxy so different and pointed out as so? Is it because it's not a talking point from a reproductive organ perspective?
      and you are 10 years old?
    • Maddie69uk wrote:

Little_Lilith wrote:

jade_girl_15 wrote:

Little_Lilith wrote:

CallMeSmally wrote:

I think education is overrated. Because of the focus on education it has created an imbalanced class system. In fact this pandemic which has currently arise has shown the modern world what is and what isn't essential in society. It comes down to what isn't parasitic. As for a social tool? The world had learn to be social long before educational institutions were put in place.The further improvement of artificial intelligent super neuron networks and 3D printers will make traditional human educational schools a thing of the past.
      The original poster asked for my thoughts on the matter. I didn't know my opinion would turn into an argument to which I would have to state facts to prove such a case. But a new study published by the Brooking Institution and the Stanford University doctoral candidate Michael Webb analyzed the overlap between more than 16,000 AI related patents and more than 800 job descriptions and found that highly educated, well paid workers will be heavily affected by the spread of AI.Workers who hold a bachelor’s degree, for example, would be replaced by AI over five times more than those with only a high school degree or less. That’s because AI is especially good at completing tasks that require planning, learning, reasoning, problem-solving and predicting — most of which are skills required for white collar jobs.

User interfaces have gotten so much simpler, shifting power to the masses. Novices can write word documents, store recipes, play solitaire and manage family checkbooks. You can edit video, translate text into dozens of languages and even run background checks on potential people all while standing in line at the grocery store. Low skilled blue collar workers use technology everyday. Coal miners no longer need to breathe toxic fumes. Factory workers no longer need to stare at conveyor belts. These are manual jobs that a robot currently cannot do it it seems will not be doing for a long while from now Humans are not as efficient as machines in processing data and these are where skilled jobs are are found.

and you are 10 years old?

Yes I'm ten.
    • jade_girl_15 wrote:

In dog years? 8o This isn’t an argument, but a discussion where people have differing views. I find it funny you quoted research from an institution you were lobbying against, however with context your argument makes more sense. On a forum full of easily influenced teen minds I think context is important. I don’t think your issue is with education so much as it is with the flaws of the institutions we have for it, which I think you have valid points. To say that we should not be educated doesn’t seem like the answer. For example, how will you learn the ability to have civil debate without personally attacking people without education from philosophers you’ve referenced, but clearly haven’t read any of their works. Why don’t you start with logos, ethos And pathos and come back when you are a teen on teen hut or stop lying about your age, whichever comes first.

Education, institution, institution of education. Hence why I wrote traditional human educational schools. Isn't that what we are talking about here in our little argument? And yes, it is an argument. You should take your own advice since our debate stop being a clash between two view points the moment you threw personal attacks upon my intelligence . So? Is this your back drop? To play on words? You knew exactly what I was talking about when I spoke on the subject of education, in fact I explained exactly what I meant. Where do we go all day to receive our education?

Yes, my issue is with education and it's flawed institutions. The meaningless value. It's non-essential periphery.

You even agree that I make valid points yet patronize me for being younger in age than you nor give further inquiry on any of those valid points I have stated you agree with.

Then you cascade on about the rhetorical triangle as if I should learn these things. An attack on my character perhaps?

The problem is, you don't want to admit you are wrong. That my claims are correct. I believe you were previously saying that people could seriously choose to listen to you and be worse off for it. Again, you should take your own advice, by the way ten is technically a preteen.

Come back to me when you actually bring value to our conversation.
    • Nobody has time for trolls they should disappear because they’re irrelevant and nobody cares what they have to say. And eventually they get ignored for good, which is the exact opposite of what they want because they’re miserable people with absolutely no value what so ever. Pity the world is full of them. It’s a shame Rona isn’t more selective.