Teenagers and drugs

• Teenagers and drugs

Teenagers may be involved with legal or illegal drugs in various ways. Experimentation with drugs during adolescence is common. Unfortunately, teenagers often don’t see the link between their actions today and the consequences tomorrow. Using alcohol and tobacco at a young age increases the risk of using other drugs later.
    • Re: Teenagers and drugs

With drug use and peer pressure so prevalent this days, it's just a question of time when a teen faces THAT decision. Alcohol and drugs are used mainly as a crutch, so we have to ask ourselves if we do really need them to be happy and confident. For teens who decides that they are happy and confident enough without resorting to drugs, it's easier to resist the temptation by bonding with kindred spirits.

acctually,
      teens use drugs like cannabis socially with freinds.

i smoke cannabis on a day to day basis with my friends and before anyone says cannabis is "ADDICTIVE" its not.

its the nicotine in the spliff thats addictive.

i proved this by smoking it for a whole 2 years and suddenly stopped for 6 months without craving it at all.

2 of my cannabis smoking freinds dont smoke ciggaretes and dont smoke their weed with tobacco.

teens like myself wont even try any harder drugs than weed.
      [RIGHT][CENTER]
      "http://www.adminforums.org"[/CENTER]
      [/RIGHT]

[CENTER] [/CENTER]

Good for you. As long as you know what you're doing and knows the limit of your use, you'll be fine. However, MJ may not be addictive but it still got a high tar content so you still have to watch out for your lungs, especially with regular use. Peace bro...

mellow wrote:

acctually,
      teens use drugs like cannabis socially with freinds.

i smoke cannabis on a day to day basis with my friends and before anyone says cannabis is "ADDICTIVE" its not.

its the nicotine in the spliff thats addictive.

i proved this by smoking it for a whole 2 years and suddenly stopped for 6 months without craving it at all.

2 of my cannabis smoking freinds dont smoke ciggaretes and dont smoke their weed with tobacco.

teens like myself wont even try any harder drugs than weed.

Bud is one of the easiest things to quit and it's good to see you do your research. It has been proven repeatedly that smoking the sticky is not a GATEWAY as so many people would tend to believe or try to force onto others.
      Although there are some that think it is good to do drugs and be a "rebel" most of us aren't like that, we know how to think for ourselves and it's usually out of sheer curiosity that leads us to wherever we end up.

I don't think being a "rebel" means we have to do drugs and other such stuff. Being a rebel means going against the flow, which today for teens is sex and drugs. I dare teens to rebel against what is rampant today. Difficult, isn't it? Because it's always easier to succumb to peer pressure, to be one of the fellows, to be not chided as different.
      :) love much, laugh often, live well

What i've done heroin since age 11 (h-needles)cocaine since age 11 ecstacy since age 12 lithium since age 13 ritalin since age 13 zyprexia since age 13 weed since age 8 and i started drinking alcohol since age 6 and my sister is a prostitude she's only 13 SO U CALLING ME A REBEL IU H8 BEING CALLED A REBEL EVERY1 CALLS ME A REBEL UGH... LET'S JUST SAY I'M A CRAZY KID.... MOST CHILDREN START ALL THAT STUFF AS YUNG AS 10 AND THAT'S NOT A TEEN!!!! OK I'LL ZIP IT...............