ACT scores anyone?

• Re: ACT scores anyone?

tessa_s212 wrote:

Anyone taken the ACT yet? What did you think- easy? hard? If you feel comfortable sharing, what was your score? Did you study or not? How does your score compare to most of your peers in your area/school?

Yes.

English: Easy Science: Hard Reading: Easy Math: Easy

I got a 21.

Didn't study, probably should have.

Mine is actually higher than most. I heard someone got a 12 on it. Most of my friends were anywhere from 17-20.

I found it a lot easier than the SAT. My advice is to take each one atleast once. Find out which you did better on, and continue taking that one till you get the score you want.

My mistake was taking the SAT three times. SAT and ACT are different, one is an aptitude the other is achievement test. I dont remember which is which.

I finally decided to take an ACT and I did soooo much better.

English=super easy
      Science=fair
      Math=fair

My scores ACT=25...first and only attempt.
      SAT=1010....that was my third attempt.

EDIT: Compared to the rest of my peers I did fairly better average score on ACT is 20 so my friends scored around 20-23ish

English and Reading were very easy. Reading was the easiest for me. On that section alone I got a 33.

I didn't study. I had the intentions to study, but I never did.

Science is absolutely ridiculous, but oh well. The math for me seemed very difficult, but that was because I had an entire summer off of school and no math. I remembered having learned everything, but just not always quite remembering how to do it. I came home that day after the ACT and thought I did horrible. I was sure I failed it and would only get a 22 tops. I checked online just recently and learned I got a... 27! First time, no studying.. not too bad. I'm going to study next time and actually re learn the math. If I raise my math I should get it up to a 30.

I think the highest score in my class has been a 32. Even the straight A, 4.0 GPA students are only getting 23 and below. So I'm definitely higher than average around here.

SATs are not commonly taken around here.

tessa_s212 wrote:

English and Reading were very easy. Reading was the easiest for me. On that section alone I got a 33.

I didn't study. I had the intentions to study, but I never did.

Science is absolutely ridiculous, but oh well. The math for me seemed very difficult, but that was because I had an entire summer off of school and no math. I remembered having learned everything, but just not always quite remembering how to do it. I came home that day after the ACT and thought I did horrible. I was sure I failed it and would only get a 22 tops. I checked online just recently and learned I got a... 27! First time, no studying.. not too bad. I'm going to study next time and actually re learn the math. If I raise my math I should get it up to a 30.

I think the highest score in my class has been a 32. Even the straight A, 4.0 GPA students are only getting 23 and below. So I'm definitely higher than average around here.

SATs are not commonly taken around here.

Good job! Yeah 32 is the highest possible score. I'm sure you'll get accepted to any college with that score and a good GPA. Those 4.0 students might do better at a SAT test. Like I said everyone is different. :) Congrats though!

2points wrote:

Good job! Yeah 32 is the highest possible score. I'm sure you'll get accepted to any college with that score and a good GPA. Those 4.0 students might do better at a SAT test. Like I said everyone is different. :) Congrats though!

No, 36 is the highest possible score. On Reading alone I got a 33. The only person I know that has ever gotten a perfect score, a 36, is my english teacher. Extremely intelligent man.

I only got a 21. I think I'm gonna retake it though.
      whatever happens conduct yourself in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.:)There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.:wink:

I got a 24 the first time I took it back in April. I took it again earlier this month, but haven't gotten the scores. I took the writing part both times also. Got an 8 out of 12, I think it's out of 12, the first time.

I definitely thought the second time was a lot easier. Science was hard both times. It wasn't at all what I thought the section would be. It was more like reading and inferring some scientific graphs.
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]~~Just when you think you've found a friend[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]That's when they call you stupid[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]Just when you think that life is dull[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]That's when they call you pathetic~~[/SIZE][/LEFT]

I took the ACT twice. The first time I didn't study, and I got a 21. The second time I got an ACT test preparation book, studied that, and got a 24 the second time.

My second time breakdown:
      English - 30 (increased 5 points)
      Math - 17 (stayed the same)
      Reading - 23 (increased 5 points)
      Science - 25 (increased 2 points)

English was cake for me. Reading was easy also, but I am not good with time constraints and having to read long passages. Science was basically reading a bunch of information and answering questions about it.

Math was really difficult for me. I've always had to work really hard to keep A's and B's in math classes, so naturally I had a hard time with the math section of the ACT.

I think it all boils down to what you are strongest in and what you're incredibly prepared for.