Alleged 9/11 Mastermind Claims America has Killed More People Than Hijackers Did

• Alleged 9/11 Mastermind Claims America has Killed More People Than Hijackers Did

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Trial: Alleged 9/11 Mastermind Claims America Killed More People Than Hijackers Did

He accused the United States of using an elastic definition of national security, comparable to the way dictators bend the law to justify their acts.

"When the government feels sad for the death or the killing of 3,000 people who were killed on September 11, we also should feel sorry that the American government that was represented by (the chief prosecutor) and others have killed thousands of people, millions....

...Many can kill people under the name of national security, and to torture people under the name of national security, and to detain children under the name of national security, underage children...

...Your blood is not made out of gold and ours is made out of water. We are all human beings..."

interesting words to say the least. is America just as evil as those 9/11 guys? or are we even worse? or is our killings better justifiable (in the name of national security)
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 4 times, last by Papa Bear ().

• Re: Alleged 9/11 Mastermind Claims America has Killed More People Than Hijackers Did

Ziggs wrote:

You can't justify evil with more evil.

Are you saying no countries should retaliate when they're attacked? If you are, just shut the fuck up.

As for the article, it's kind of vague. Of course America has killed millions of people. War does that. I don't, however, remember a time when America committed an act of terrorism against a country. The war in Iraq is the closest I can think of to an unjustified action against another country (though, at the time, there was a reason to think action there was justified,) but even that eventually had a positive result.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Ari Gold ().

• Re: Alleged 9/11 Mastermind Claims America has Killed More People Than Hijackers Did

Ari Gold wrote:

Are you saying no countries should retaliate when they're attacked? If you are, just shut the fuck up.

As for the article, it's kind of vague. Of course America has killed millions of people. War does that. I don't, however, remember a time when America committed an act of terrorism against a country. The war in Iraq is the closest I can think of to an unjustified action against another country (though, at the time, there was a reason to think action there was justified,) but even that eventually had a positive result.

I think the guy was alluding to the War on Terror, where the civilian death toll is pretty high. I found this part of the article pretty interesting: "He accused the United States of using an elastic definition of national security, comparable to the way dictators bend the law to justify their acts."

Using National Security, and "war on terror" to justify such killings
      Iraq

• Iraq: 62,570 to 1,124,000

Main article: Casualties of the Iraq War

• Opinion Research Business (ORB) poll conducted 12–19 August 2007 estimated 1,033,000 violent deaths due to the Iraq War. The range given was 946,000 to 1,120,000 deaths. A nationally representative sample of approximately 2,000 Iraqi adults answered whether any members of their household (living under their roof) were killed due to the Iraq War. 22% of the respondents had lost one or more household members. ORB reported that "48% died from a gunshot wound, 20% from the impact of a car bomb, 9% from aerial bombardment, 6% as a result of an accident and 6% from another blast/ordnance."[112][113][114][115]
      • Between 392,979 and 942,636 estimated Iraqi (655,000 with a confidence interval of 95%), civilian and combatant, according to the second Lancet survey of mortality.
      • A minimum of 62,570 civilian deaths reported in the mass media up to 28 April 2007 according to Iraq Body Count project.[116]
      • 4410 US military dead. 31,844 wounded in action, of which 13,954 were unable to return to duty within 72 hours.[117]

(and that was just in Iraq, Afghanistan has its other body count)

War on Terror - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 2 times, last by Papa Bear ().

I think Afghanistan is 100% justified. A lot of non-Americans like to say it wasn't, but the reality of the situation was that they were harboring the man responsible for 9/11. We had no choice but to go in there. I sound like Dave, supporting the death of innocents, but I don't think you can just let a country get away with something like that.

Iraq is a lot foggier. It was suspected by the entire world, for years, that they had WMDs. The UN search didn't show anything, but I guess the USA and UK weren't convinced. I'm so on the fence about Iraq that I really don't feel as if I could even attempt to make the case one way or another. I'll leave that up to others. I'd likely agree with arguments on either side of the issue.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ari Gold ().

I can't help but laugh at this thread. Ari, take your overt patriotism and force it up your arse. You can justify killing millions because they supposedly harbored the man responsible for 9/11? Its just a poor excuse to rape an entire nation.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4] I Love You Cassie<3
      OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Laddergoat. wrote:

I can't help but laugh at this thread. Ari, take your overt patriotism and force it up your arse. You can justify killing millions because they supposedly harbored the man responsible for 9/11? Its just a poor excuse to rape an entire nation.

>location: Australia

Ari Gold wrote:

That you're a douchebag who probably thinks that, since your country has never done anything militarily, military action isn't sometimes necessary.

Australia seriously just sits on its butt all day in the corner of the world. It has very little experience (if any) with major terrorist attacks. If they were a constant target of terrorism I bet they would start taking military action too.

Let me see. America has killed thousands of people all over the world. Iraq is the tip of the iceberg. Perhaps two million murdered by American bombing in Cambodia (that is before they even backed Pol Pot's rise). Up to a million more may be affected by Agent Orange. Latin America cries out for the blood spilt on its soil. Read Chomsky, perhaps you may come to the conclusion that 9/11 may have had some justification.

Ari Gold wrote:

That you're a douchebag who probably thinks that, since your country has never done anything militarily, military action isn't sometimes necessary.

Or to put it another way, if you mind your own business and don't give people a reason to attack you, they generally won't. ;)

Ari Gold wrote:

There's been times in our history when we've been attacked unprovoked. I don't believe we deserved 9/11, for example. Give me a break, RMG.

I'm not saying it was deserved, I'm just stating the reasons why someone would feel compelled to do so. There's a difference ya know.