Regretting a post on the internet?

• Regretting a post on the internet?

A few weeks ago, I made a negative, ranty, somewhat jerkish, snarky submission to one of those anonymous Tumblr "confessionals" blogs. (Note: these blogs usually take text confessions for a while and don't post them until way after they've been submitted.) I felt like it was a good place to vent because of the anonymity and the fact that I'd seen posts from the blog with people's similar submissions. Only a few days ago, though, did I browse through the notes/comments on some of those type posts, and it was then that I got a little unnerved.

I didn't know when I submitted my confession that posts involving unpopular/negative opinions or self-righteous (maybe not the word I'm looking for...) anger got a sizable amount of backlash and flaming from other people who disagreed with the opinions or rants. I don't mean to sound surprised-- being a denizen of the internet for as long as I have, of course I know that breathing in the wrong direction can bring on backlash.

I'm not scared for my reputation; the submissions are all anonymous, so nobody will ever know who posted it. I just know I'll feel like a loser if I see a bunch of mad, offended comments on the post with said confession. I'm over the anger I felt when I submitted it, so now I just wish I could poof back in time and make myself not type it. Again, I'm just glad it's anonymous, and even if that happens to be the most horrid submission they've ever gotten (which I'm very sure it isn't,) that is sort of the point of those blogs.

Since there's nothing I can do, though, how do I stop feeling guilty over it?

Tl;dr: I'm feeling guilty/regretful about a jerk-ish post I made anonymously to a Tumblr confessional blog. There's nothing I can do about it now-- how do I stop feeling bad about it?