Why am I nervous and shy with my friend now?

• Why am I nervous and shy with my friend now?

I’ve been friends with this girl for a couple of months now, she’s been at my school for the past five year but until recently we’ve little to nothing to do with each other. Two years ago a group of us went to France for three weeks and we became friends but them it died down after that until a couple of months ago as I said. Now we’re good friends, hanging out together a lot, talking all the time, telling jokes, we have lunch every Wednesday just the two of us.
      Now I’m not the best with girls, especially if their very pretty, which she is. I’ve got a few friends who are hot that I’m fine with but only a few. However when I’m around her I don’t feel awkward or nervous as I would normal with a girl like her.
      That was until four days ago, now all of a sudden I’m absolutely nervous and shy with her. To the point where if she walks past, I’m scared to say hi or even smile back. I’ve stopped talking with her and I’ve been avoiding her because I’m nervous, nervous of what I’ve got no idea. It feels just like when you try to talk to a pretty girl that you like only that I don’t like her like that. I’ve got no clue where this as came from. I mean I did have a crush on her years ago but that’s gone now. Even when we became friends and when we got closer, those feeling didn’t come back. We were just good friends. But now I’m nervous to the point that it’s ridiculous, and I’ve got no idea why.