Do You Like Your Siblings?

• Do You Like Your Siblings?

Do you like your siblings? I am the middle child, the only girl of three and sometimes I can’t stand my brothers. I mean I know it’s bad to feel this way but I actually hate them in some ways. My little brother is six years younger than I am and gets away with murder, every time he does something wrong I get in trouble because I should be the responsible one and he’s the angel. My older brother (1 yr older) gets to do everything I can’t and never has to do any chores. If I ask him to help, he tells me to go screw myself. My mom does not care and my dad is never home so I feel like I can’t win. Any advice for me before I officially lose my last bit of sanity?

:eek:
    • Re: Siblings

I dunno? Get you some friends and spend most your time at your friends house then you will not have to deal with your brothers as much.
      I sure feel for you, I would go crazy if I had just brothers and I was inbetween them.
      My babybrother is so spoiled I can't stand him most of the time. He get away with everything. And don't gotta help do anything at all.

Me and my elder sister, about 5 years my senior, used to fight all the time. We really drove our mother crazy. There was this time I can't take any more of her bullying and applied a karate punch I learned in school right to her solar plexus. Man, it felt good! And then years later she died after a lingering sickness. I really felt sorry.

When I was still young, I used to hate my sisters too but now that I'm mature enough I already love them. It's normal to hate your brothers and sisters when you're still young. You always think of them as rivals or enemies but trust me, when you grow a little bit older, you'll realize that they are the closest persons in your life and they're the ones that you would be able to lean on in the toughest of times.

hali wrote:

Do you like your siblings? I am the middle child, the only girl of three and sometimes I can’t stand my brothers. I mean I know it’s bad to feel this way but I actually hate them in some ways. My little brother is six years younger than I am and gets away with murder, every time he does something wrong I get in trouble because I should be the responsible one and he’s the angel. My older brother (1 yr older) gets to do everything I can’t and never has to do any chores. If I ask him to help, he tells me to go screw myself. My mom does not care and my dad is never home so I feel like I can’t win. Any advice for me before I officially lose my last bit of sanity?

:eek:

Hi hali,
      Try to be friend of them. Don't treat them as younger and always give importance to them. Communicate with them, Help them in their works, give gifts they like and cook for them. I actually mean that you should be friend of them. If you will care for them, they will also care you.

i hate my younger sister -__- shes 11 year younger than me [you must be thinking this silly girl is fighting with a kid]
      but then...my mom love her too much that she even dare to accuse me for things i never did before T.T and probably because of her, now i'm like..invisible in my house. no one talks to me or care me anymore o_O my mom and dad ignore me as if i never exist............i feel like stabbing my sis =.=

I love my older bro for the most part but it's a case of he always got to do everything first and when I was a few years younger I couldn't stand him. He was always allowed to do everything and I was never allowed to do anything, we are only 14 months apart so it used to get very frustrating, it's not as bad now that he left for the military.

xxxunknownxxx wrote:

lol..probably because your elder brother is a boy...and boy get to do more things than girls

I think that is true, I have even over-heard my mother talking to her friends that are expecting and telling them to pray for a boy. She thinks girls are too much trouble and nowhere near as easy as boys. One of the previous posters said to try to be a friend to them but there is only so much effort you can give before you feel that you are going crazy and getting nothing in return.

Sibling rivalry is common to families most especially when there is favoritism. It is the duty of parents to show equal affection to their children to avoid this. I am the eldest and I tend to get scolded by my parents especially when I fight my younger siblings, stating that I should understand better. Sometimes, I still get mad because of this, but I try my best to understand the situation. Besides, after the fight, we will still get along well as if nothing happened.

My brother is 25, he doesn't live at home anymore and we still have issues. My parents are still always comparing what I do to what he did which causes friction between me and him because I in turn get pissed off at him for being perfect and than he gets pissed off at me cause I'm being what he calls immature.

like you, hali, i have a younger brother and there is 6 years between us. we fight all the time and my parents always side with him, too, because supposedly im the responsible one. but recently this kid has been bullying him and ive found that actually im quite protective of my bro. last time it happened i stuck up for him and he's been left alone since! i guess you dont realise how much you care till it's someone else they're arguing with. we still fight at home though!

i have an older brother and a lil sis, my older brother an i get relaly good, do lotsa things togheter, its a good brother relationship, and my lil sis is what i care the most, is the most important thing in my life, besides mya :D
      [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"][RIGHT]everyone laughs at me like if i give a fuck what they think...
      [/SIZE][/RIGHT][/FONT]