︻╦╤─ Gun Control ─╤╦︻

• Re: ︻╦╤─ Gun Control ─╤╦︻

I don't see the need people feel to have guns. Think about it this way, if no one had a gun then no one would need a gun. People say they need them to protect themselves, well if no one had a gun then they would need to protect them self... I personally think guns should be banned unless you personally can come up with a valid reason to need to own one and then that person should have to be monitored. And if you have any type of criminal record it's a NO!

Instead of running background checks on just the person buying said gun, run one on their family members, and force them to buy a gun safe, or keep ammunition away from everyone but gun owners, who should be allowed to buy ammunition in small quantities, without stockpiling, under penalty of a substantial fine. Not really coherent, just some thoughts^^^^

district10 wrote:

I don't see the need people feel to have guns. Think about it this way, if no one had a gun then no one would need a gun. People say they need them to protect themselves, well if no one had a gun then they would need to protect them self... I personally think guns should be banned unless you personally can come up with a valid reason to need to own one and then that person should have to be monitored. And if you have any type of criminal record it's a NO!

Because keeping people who follow the law from protecting themselves against those who don't makes so much sense.

district10 wrote:

This is rather stupid... Do you honestly think criminals would willingly give up their guns? No and even if they were forced to they would find more guns. I mean that would be the best outcome for them, civilians defenseless against them crime would rise even more than it is now. It would be nice if we didn't have to have guns but we do.

regulations and training would be nice... I own a Canadian restricted firearms license and I had to pass a non-restricted (shotgun/longgun) course, and the restricted (compact gun/hand gun) course and exam.

plenty of background checks, but the Canadian system works quite well. yay.
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net

The Sorrow wrote:

regulations and training would be nice... I own a Canadian restricted firearms license and I had to pass a non-restricted (shotgun/longgun) course, and the restricted (compact gun/hand gun) course and exam.

plenty of background checks, but the Canadian system works quite well. yay.

Sounds like a good policy to me. It must be telling that Canada had 173 gun homicides in 2009 compared to 11,493 the same year in the U.S..

Chuck Finster wrote:

Sounds like a good policy to me. It must be telling that Canada had 173 gun homicides in 2009 compared to 11,493 the same year in the U.S..

The whole problem with that is that criminals are criminals because they don't follow the law in the first place, so implementing any new laws only effects law abiding citizens.
      Look at yourself in the mirror and tell me what a man is without pride, tell me what a man is without fire in his eyes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by YO_VANILLA ().

YO_VANILLA wrote:

The whole problem with that is that criminals are criminals because they don't follow the law in the first place, so implementing any new laws only effects law abiding citizens.

true however when I look back on the people that I used to go to highschool with I'm very happy those morons didn't have access to firearms.

Sure, people who really want them can get them, via illegal means or not - but it sure does simplify things when every dumbass doesn't have one loosely held between their pants and their boxers.

The main source of illegal guns in canada are stolen firearms from licensed users.
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net

shockingly, Canada does have a gang problem, its just a boatload of little gangs and no big ones. I live in a town with 7,000 people, "canada's prettiest town", and even we have some "gangsta" teens running around in "gangs" (like 3-4). But Canadian gangs, by US standards, it wouldnt even classify as a 'group of lowlifes'. but, they're there.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Sorrow ().

YeahBuddySmile.. wrote:

3 to 4 people In a gang in the town you live in :rofl: that's nothing compared to gangs here, gangs in the USA have people all over the US even though it could be in Boston

lololol i mean 3-4 gangs, each have like 10-20 kids

xD
      but yes still small

O.J. Simpson wrote:

A huge majority of murders in the United States are gang related. Canada doesn't have a gang problem.

Canada doesn't have a gang problem?

2009 Vancouver gang war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ironic that this is the same year that information was based on.

O.J. Simpson wrote:

So to prove that Canada has a gang problem, you source me one incident from four years ago? If you really think Canada has gang problems on the same level as the USA you should probably just an hero.

You didn't seem to see anything wrong with the gun statistics being based on four years ago. :lol:
      Also: ... I should probably just a what?

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Also: information from that same year says that there were 2,083 gang related homicides in 2009 in the United States. That's not just gun-related, that's all homicides. So you're off when you say that most of those gun-related homicides are gang related.