What Does Cutting Achieve You?

• Re: What Does Cutting Achieve You?

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

Right. So you just brought it up and called yourself an "intellectual purist" and went on and on about bullshit just for your own health? Give me a break.
      I didn't say that. I already explained why I corrected you, but then I said I wasn't going to continue the argument, which I didn't. That's it.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

I wasn't even discussing anything with her and she found that it was a perfect time to try to start an argument again. Apparently you didn't read the conversation I had with Femme.Fatale. Every single post was well-thought out and I don't believe I swore one time.
      I mean with Maggot. You are getting way too frustrated.

You want to be a mod? You have to realize you can't get like this in these situations. You need to be able to come off calm no matter what the situation is, otherwise you'll just get picked on. Then you're gonna get angry, then you're not gonna like being a mod.

Trust me, I know.
      YOU think she's not lacking on knowledge because you two get along, for whatever reason. Not only did I present a well thought out argument with Femme, but the problem was, for the most part, resolved and the issue was dead until she decided that it wasn't enough for her and started on something completely unrelated that had NOTHING to do with our conversation. You need to go back and look. I was presenting my argument just fine to her, as well, until she said something completely asinine and then, yeah, I wasn't interested in having an "intelligent" conversation with her. I'm not suprised you're taking up for her, but the difference between myself and the majority of everyone else is I'm one of the few who will actually call her out on what she is. Sorry if you don't like it.
      Asinine as in, she doesn't think cutting is a serious issue? And then you called her insane and refused to answer her as to why it is. If you can't think of a reason, you need to say so rather than calling her crazy.
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

Regular.Femme.Fatale wrote:

Because you love Laura so much and can't stand to see someone speak falsely against her.

?

I'm the exact same way with all of my close friends.

Sounds about right. =D

*stands in front of Maggot and attacks everyone who comes near* :mad:
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

GoddessofJudecca wrote:

I didn't say that. I already explained why I corrected you, but then I said I wasn't going to continue the argument, which I didn't. That's it.

~Maggot

Alright then. I accept that. Simple.

Nikephoros wrote:

I mean with Maggot. You are getting way too frustrated.

You want to be a mod? You have to realize you can't get like this in these situations. You need to be able to come off calm no matter what the situation is, otherwise you'll just get picked on. Then you're gonna get angry, then you're not gonna like being a mod.

Being picked on isn't a big deal for me. Because I get frustrated with one opinion doesn't make me that way with everyone all the time. I'm perfectly capable of having an intelligent conversation or debate with someone. I'm not disagreeing that I acted like a dick. I never once said I didn't. And I really should have A) Dropped it or B) Just went on and tried to debate.

Nikephoros wrote:

Asinine as in, she doesn't think cutting is a serious issue? And then you called her insane and refused to answer her as to why it is. If you can't think of a reason, you need to say so rather than calling her crazy.

No, no. She's not asinine for not thinking cutting is a serious issue. She's asinine because she come's off like she's promoting it. I think she's wrong for not thinking cutting is a serious issue, but not asinine. She's asinine for saying that she'd tell her kids that they can cut if they please. I gave plenty of reasons, most of which weren't good enough. I'm tired of arguing, debating or discussing the situation.

Regular.Femme.Fatale wrote:

It's not going to work. Trust me, I've tried.

WHAT isn't going to work? We had an intelligent conversation and it ended that way. Plain and simple. Set in stone. Finished. You got your point across, I got mine across. I don't see what you're talking about. I agreed with you more than I agree with half the people I talk to and you made me stop and think. So whatever it is you're talking about, it's unreasonable to say "It's not going to work, I've tried."
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." [/CENTER]

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

WHAT isn't going to work? We had an intelligent conversation and it ended that way. Plain and simple. Set in stone. Finished. You got your point across, I got mine across. I don't see what you're talking about. I agreed with you more than I agree with half the people I talk to and you made me stop and think. So whatever it is you're talking about, it's unreasonable to say "It's not going to work, I've tried."

Okay.
      I'm here, Karla. :]

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

No, no. She's not asinine for not thinking cutting is a serious issue. She's asinine because she come's off like she's promoting it.
      And whose fault is it that you took my actions/words to mean that? Certainly not mine.

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

GoddessofJudecca wrote:

And whose fault is it that you took my actions/words to mean that? Certainly not mine.

~Maggot

You said you'd tell your kids it's okay to cut if they'd like. Just like you'd tell any other friend of yours. That isn't suggesting that you promote it as a solution? Not attempting to argue, just asking a simple question.

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

You said you'd tell your kids it's okay to cut if they'd like. Just like you'd tell any other friend of yours. That isn't suggesting that you promote it as a solution? Not attempting to argue, just asking a simple question.
      Nope. Just because I say it's okay, that doesn't mean I'm promoting it. And I also said that they can do it if they want, but whatever made them feel they wanted to would be addressed, therefore, even if I was "promoting" it (which I'm not), I wouldn't be promoting it as a solution.

Honestly, I think it's time you learn to read.

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

GoddessofJudecca wrote:

Nope. Just because I say it's okay, that doesn't mean I'm promoting it. And I also said that they can do it if they want, but whatever made them feel they wanted to would be addressed, therefore, even if I was "promoting" it (which I'm not), I wouldn't be promoting it as a solution.

Honestly, I think it's time you learn to read.

~Maggot

Honestly, I'm asking you questions and you're jabbing at me. Do you have a serious issue or what? Because if you can't accept the fact that I'm being civil and trying to talk to you instead of calling names and acting like a dick, then just stop responding to my posts. I think it's time you quit acting like a bitch and accept the fact that I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to talk to you.

Started as curiosity, then things happened and it was merely to get away from so many things. It was my depression and my way of wanting to end my life, which, of course, I dont want that to happen anymore. I've been on and off cutting, and its like, the only way I do it is when I get to a point where I felt so numb. Then again I've stopped. Its been a while since I've cut and yeah I've regretted it. Cutting/scars remind me of why I've done it and It makes me feel utterly depressed at certain times.

As I'm sure many people have already said, cutting isn't in any way a means for someone to commit suicide.

Quite the opposite, someone who cuts is usually cutting to cope with their problems, and in a way, I think that's better than just not dealing at all, no?

Over the past year, I've cut a lot. I've gone weeks without cutting, and then bam! A cut appears.

I guess I cut out of self-hatred as well as coping with the problems I've had.