How can I work on my soccer skills?

• How can I work on my soccer skills?

Hi Guys,

I played for a few years when I was in elementary, then I just stopped. I'm now a sophomore in high school. My P.E. coach convinced me to change my schedule and now I'm in the soccer class. However, you can be in the class and not on the team. Try-outs for the team are in two months and I want to at least make the junior varsity team. Any tips on how can I work on my skills or good drills?

Thank You
      Alexis Allen:confused:
    • Re: How can I work on my soccer skills?

Seriously just grab a ball and start dribbling it around wherever you can. Even if you just sit at your computer and move the ball back and forth between your feet for a while.

Really the main thing is to just get used to having a ball at your feet. And depending where you live, the weather outside isn't the greatest, so a few little touch control drills might be the best. I wouldn't even recommend working on keep ups. Sure it looks flashy and helps with your first touch, but I can't do keep ups for the life of me and I've played soccer for well over 10 years and make my high school varsity team. You can PM me whenever you want and depending on how much space you have to work with, I can tell you some good drills.

Good luck :)

Hello Friends,

The best thing to do is pack up those games and slowly get back into that habit that you use to be in. Get touches on the ball again and when in practice ask the best player on your team to work with you. Tell them sense your sickness you've lost a lot of confidence they'll help you build that back. It breaks my heart to say to get the will and desire is hard to get back, that's all up to you. But for your shoe problem i have found that my leather blue and white Asics formed to my foot. Asics are great cleats I love them. If they still feel big I've seen people at Soccer Village tell people about how one foot is smaller than the other and the people that work there where very understanding and let them buy one shoe from each size. I hope this helps good players are hard to come by.

Thanks and Regards,
      Michal Zalewski

removed link

The post was edited 2 times, last by xyz123456 ().

I would like tell you that physical strength is much needed to play any sports. So, you should be fit and fine and also practice lot and lot more to increase your playing skills. You should also try to play more with ball on ground for 10 to 15 mins daily. This tips might be helpful for soccer skills.
      Link(s) removed by staff member
      [size=1]A minimum of 50 posts is required before links (excluding TeenHut.net) may be posted in signatures. Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines to prevent further action(s).[/size]