The Post-relationship Cool-down Period

• The Post-relationship Cool-down Period

The post-relationship cool-down period, as what I call, is the period of time after a breakup you or your partner stay single, before becoming ready to find a new partner again.

What I want to know, is how long do you usually expect the cool-down period should be? I know that a past girlfriend/boyfriend has the right to go looking for another partner immediately after the breakup, but I'm sure that some people would wish their ex to remain single for a while, to show that he/she is trying to get over you. If a former girlfriend/boyfriend got another partner as soon as the relationship ended, it would in a way, show how insignificant and unimportant you are to him/her, wouldn't it?

I personally also find that the cool-down period is a form of respect for the other party.

Tell me what you think. :)
      "You use your heart as a weapon, and it hurts like Heaven."
    • Re: The Post-relationship Cool-down Period

Well my cool-down period took like 6 months to really stop thinking about her, but this was strictly for me. If she had gotten another boyfriend right after, ya I might have hurt a bit, but she still taught me so much about myself. So you should only "wait" if you need time to forget, otherwise if you find another bf/gf right after, thats cool too.

When my friend and her ex-bf broke up, he started dating another girl right away. I know that hurt her a lot, and yes, she probably did feel insignificent.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

And I'm guessing that, for those who want to, it's easier to remain friends after the break up if both are single for a while.

Personally I think after a relationship is over that it is none of the past s.o business to know who their x is dating. I know people tend to think that there is a post break up needed but I think it's a bit silly. Even though we didn't work out I'm going to wait to find somebody who makes me happy because I need to show you that I cared enough about you to not move on when I'm ready too. Now if your staying single because you actually need to get over someone and you want to focus on yourself for awhile thats cool. But I think it's silly that there is a mandated time before you can date someone. Because what if you met your soul mate the same day you broke up with someone, but the whole having to wait thing ruins the chance for you and your soul mate? I'm not saying that it's wrong to do the wait period but if the relationship didn't work out you might as well move on from it.

People get into relationships straight away just for revenge against you. I think it very rarely means you were insignificant/unimportant to them, especially if you were together for so long.
      I think 6 months is a good time. That's apparently the maximum time it should be to get over someone fully. If it takes longer, then you need to get professional help.
      [CENTER]Ask me a question[/CENTER]

la rubia loca wrote:

what is prolapse?
      is it like pro life?