Fixing a Relationship

• Fixing a Relationship

Me and My Fiance have been dating for almost 2 years I got pregnant 3 months into the relationship. So the relationship got serious fast and well the chemistry has burnt out lately. We sat down and talked and both agreed that the relationship now felt like a friends with benefits than an actual relationship. I love him so much and he says he loves me and wants to work on things. But it's hard because I'm across town going to school and he works and all the spare time we have we use with our daughter. Which has left us with little couple time and maybe thats why our relationship is lacking,
      I know we need to set up a night where it is a date night and what not but I know it takes more than that to fix a relationship... I guess I'm not looking for advice but ideas on how to fix a relationship that is pretty close to being over for good.
    • Re: Fixing a Relationship

It's not even always about lengthy amounts of time: maybe just a rose at an unexpected time, or bring lunch to his work, or a random passionate kiss. It's about rekindling the sparks and showing him that you still care about and love him. I wish you the BEST of luck.
      Signature removed by staff. You must have 50 posts in order to provide a link in your signature.

I agree with Monkey.. Since you still really feel for him, I think you need to do something that would surprise him (in a good way obviously). The idea of a date night is really good as well. Maybe if you go with the date night thing, surprise him with something sweet or romantic.. Like try your hand at a poem or something (hey, as long as it rhymes, I consider it a poem!). It is very cheesy, and if you aren't that kind of person, it would make it all the more surprising! Hope everything works out :)

Maybe start doing something new and different
      Don't just go on date one night/week but go to vacations
      Or take some course together
      Get a hobby that you can do together
      Start spending qualit time together, have fun, relax and try to seduce each other like when you just started dating
      I knwo how hard can it be with all everyday troubles but .... you'll have to work on your relationship

Well I talked to him about it and he agreed that we needed to make time for one another and all last week I was so excited we were going to go to the place that we went on our first date. And we had a babysitter lined up and he decides that our plans were to now go to the bar with his coworkers. I just I was so happy that he wanted to try and fix things. But now I'm not sure if he really want's to because he knew the weekend was strictly to have time one on one and he pretty much made the whole weekend not that. I just I don't know what to doo anymore I love him and I want things to work out but if he isn't willing to try than why should I stay?

laney wrote:

But now I'm not sure if he really want's to because he knew the weekend was strictly to have time one on one and he pretty much made the whole weekend not that.

If he made no effort after you told him this and made all these plans ... then he's not really interested in fixing things. He probably doesn't even see what's the problem, which is even worse.