Love and Sexuality -- Do we confuse the two feelings?

• Love and Sexuality -- Do we confuse the two feelings?

I certainly think I do.

I feel like, with certain guys, I would ideally pursue some sort of intimate, brotherly affection. Sadly, I often feel that I second-guess myself into thinking that I'm just pursuing them for sex, deep down and unconsciously. This creates guilt and thus holds back my relationships in a way. The only reason I would doubt sexuality as a motive for becoming close with them is because I went that far with one guy (just trying it), and in all honesty, I regret the decision to this day. It was not pleasurable at all, and with that knowledge in mind, I am a little easier about getting close with people.

The same is true of certain girls, I think, only with the reverse -- I mistakenly see "love" while in reality it may just be sexuality. I tend to hold back with many women, and entering into a relationship is the hardest thing for me (I think that just has to do with my past, but I won't go into that. Long, boring story). When I do, it's just filled with butthurt, in a word. Thus, while engage in no female relationships anymore, I feel like at any point I might just go off on a tangent and express my sexuality with women, confusing it with short-lasting love. Of course, I haven't done that yet, and I'm sort of derailing this post...

Back on track, do you think that we, as teenagers, tend to confuse the two feelings of love and sexuality, usually by believing it's love when reality states sexuality and nothing more?
      [SIGPIC]http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sean-connery-id-give-a-fuck-but-i-already-gave-it-to-your-mother-last-night.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    • Re: Love and Sexuality -- Do we confuse the two feelings?

Lazzledazzle wrote:

I've been hurt pretty bad for doing that... thinking lust was love X(

You're not alone; I think this is THE problem behind all the emotional turmoil of teenage relationships. If only it were so easy to separate the two...
      [SIGPIC]http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sean-connery-id-give-a-fuck-but-i-already-gave-it-to-your-mother-last-night.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I think a lot of people mistake lust and infatuation with love, it was especially like this for me during my high school years. Everybody talks about how love is this great amazing feeling and being physically attracted to somebody and having that little crush on them isn't a bad feeling either, not at all. So I think some people are like oh okay this is what they're talking about. I also think that everybody is in search of love, and everyone wants to be loved and everybody wants to meet that "one" person, they might want it so bad that they might mistake lust for being in love.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]I want to be fluent in your body language.[/CENTER]

EvilToast wrote:

I believe in "Lust at first sight".
      "Love at first sight" not so much.

It's the physical attraction that is first established wether people like to admit it or not.

Love is selfless while lust is selfish.

This I agree with
      BUt i think we get infatuation&Love mixed up more than Love&Lust. Exp when we were younger. Because when your younger your in love with the idea of love but in all reality when you are in your teens you aren't mature enough to actually know what love is. I'm not saying you can't fall in love in your teens but from my own personal experiences and friends, the whole being with one person for the rest of your life doesn't really click till you get older. And I think we all lacked the maturity of staying and making a relationship work.