The Last Week

• The Last Week

Was I right to defend myself against my mother? 10
        Yes (8) 80%
        No (2) 20%
      Heya guys, you may have noticed that over the past 5 days I haven't been on the forums much. This is because I've had the biggest problems with my parents in my whole lifetime.

It started when I came home from break-dancing last Tuesday, in the car with my Dad. When we pulled into our drive, he stopped me from getting out and said the following:

"Jamie, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, I really am, but the cancer I got rid of 1 year ago? It's back, and now it's terminal. I have a year to live."

As I'm sure you can imagine, I was devastated. I had the whole mixture of emotions. I was sad, because he is going to die when I'm young. I was angry, because it shouldn't be happening to my family. I was jealous, because other people's parents didn't have these problems. In other words, I was comlpetely shook up.

Five minutes later, I walk into my house. The first thing I wanted to do was to tell Becky, my girlfriend, and I could guarantee she'd be on MSN. When I approached the PC, I saw a note there, in my Mum's writing, reading "No PC today Jamie". Frustrated as I already was, this just made things worse. I went into the living room, and I demanded what I was grounded for off my mother. She then says:

"You had food in your room once again. It's upstairs now, go take a look".

This part is bollocks, because when I went upstairs there was nothing there. I told this to mum, but she still banned me. So I said: "You have no reason to ground me from the PC, because there was no food upstairs. I'm still going on the PC."

Ten minutes later she's outside screaming me to get off the pc. I refused, retaliating that she had no right to take me off the pc, and that she was taking her stress out on me.

This is where the violence begins. Mum then grabbed my shoulders, and attempted to physically pull me off the PC. She then tried to slap me round the face, which I stopped with my arm. Before I knew it, she was full-on attacking me with a flurry of fists.

Dad had retreated into his bedroom by this time, because he realised he would've ended up getting involved otherwise. I retaliated by using a full-nelson body lock, which resulted in her flailing everyone screaming some vulgar words at me. My 30-year-old sister was in the house through this by the way, and had only just heard the ruckus apparently.

Through mum's flailing, she managed to release one of her arms, but in doing so she badly smashed her head against the wall, which caused us both to recoil. I recoiled like "Oh shit, she's properly hurt", and mum evidently recoiled in pain - but it wasn't enough to stop her.

She grabbed my arm and bit, HARD. I kneed her in the head to get her off, but in the middle of the action my sister walked in. This is where I have the crap kicked out of me, and I'm not afraid to admit it. My sister is a black-belt kickboxer, and she knows her stuff. The only thing she saw was me knee'ing my mum, and she thought I was full-on physically attacking her. She kicked me square in my lowest rib, and I could feel it fracture. Very painful.

After that I got thrown out of the house by my sister, but it wasn't over yet. Mum was screaming to my sister to phone the police. I knew this was a threat, but I thought to myself "She's always threatening, so let's see how she likes it when they actually do turn up on her doorstep". So I phoned them myself. I was in a complete state. I phoned them, hysterically crying, and I told them I was heading to my girlfriend's house.

Half an hour later, I headed home, and they were there. The police. You know what they did? They "talked" to us. Absolutely useless. Well that's my story, and I've attached a poll: "Do you think I was right to defend myself".

Thanks for reading,
      Shotgun.
      The Shotgun Hitman
      - Radio Head DJ
      - Magazine Author
      - Vip Member
    • Re: The Last Week

okay i felt sorry for you up to the part where your mum bit you, it then turned into something ridiculous like a childish fight over nothing, if you wern't allowed on your comp why didn't you ring your girlfriend instead? or agree with your mum then secretly go on anyway that way there would have been no fuss, it sounds like s illy issue that's spirraled out of control because of emotions

i don't think it was at all right that your mum acted physically and you had a right to defend yourself but carrying it on? no

sorry to hear about your dad thats terrible i hope you spend as much time with him as possible, and hopfully your girlfriend and friends are supporting you through it
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:

or agree with your mum then secretly go on anyway that way there would have been no fuss, it sounds like s illy issue that's spirraled out of control because of emotions

Well yeah that's the whole point, if you knew how it felt to find out your Dad is gonna die in a year, then you'd be feeling pretty irrational aswell. It was a very childish fight, but she has no right to hit me. If I hadn't told the police not to, she would've been arrested. It's illegal in the UK.

Shotgun.
      The Shotgun Hitman
      - Radio Head DJ
      - Magazine Author
      - Vip Member

jan1634 wrote:

The whole thing was from your dad's condition. She's probably not rational right now. How about being a little less self-absorbed.

i agree that you mom is probably not herself and won't be for a while, and you will need to understand that. you will be needing to spend much time with your familiy over the next few years. however, nothing gives parents the right to beat their children.

instead of retaliating, you could have tried to talk to her. but it sounds like you just kept on fighting with her. from what i understand there was no verbal communication, and physical fighting never solves any problems.

you were right to defend yourself to an extent. after the whole biting thing happened, it definitely seemed like some childish fight. i'm not saying it didn't happen. what i'm saying is at that point one of you should have acted like an adult and stopped.

your sister was only reacting to what she saw. i do not think it was right for her to fracture your ribs. there were definitely other ways of stepping in. she should have found out exactly what was going on before she did anything. she had no right to throw you out of the house without listening to what you had to say.
      [CENTER]:kiss: [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]love is the movement[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]twloha.com/[/CENTER]

I'm very sorry to learn about your dad, such stories are always horrible to hear.....

But i disagree with some things you did. Your mom was already very stressed it was kinda normal for her to try and take her frustration out on you. My mom does it all the time when she had a bad day at work. But do you really think it was worth fighting your very own mother just for one day off PC?...IMHO it was OK to defend your right to use the PC, but when she started touching you, you should have understood she was very determined and hysterical and just left the place quickly. I dont agree with your mom either, she should never have "attacked" you. But i think its understandable...she just learned her husband was doomed to death.... :(

Blocking her attacks/running away, OK. But trying to master her using brute force? No way.

How are your other family members reacting about this? Are they blaming you, or her?
      [SIZE=-1]
      [/SIZE]

All blaming me, though mum blames herself. Sucks really tbh. I was only defending myself anyway, I didn't hit her purposefully at any point.

if she is as bad as your story holds, you should at least tell someone about her. someone who has authority to take actions.

Authorities got involved a while back, but nothing got sorted, it just got worse with social services.

Shotgun.
      The Shotgun Hitman
      - Radio Head DJ
      - Magazine Author
      - Vip Member

You were right to defend yourself I mean it's totally not your fault that your father is sick but they were probably acting out all upset taking their rage out on someone else because of his condition. It's total bullshit that they called the police though.
      Try staying at your girlfriend's house for awhile, or stay at some friend's houses until things cool off at your home.
      KillFeedRepeat

i feel that you had the right to defend yourself, she was taking her rage out on you and thats not cool.

hey man, i know what your going through, i really do, i lost my dad from cancer this oct 2nd. he had fought it for 7 years and it got the best of him.

try just to spend what time u can with him and dont try to prepare yourself for the worst, you just cant do it. when my dad passed away, i was with him, holdin his hand and i had to tell him it was ok to let go, it was unpreparable.

i wish your dad the best of luck, and remember there is always a chance that it will go away

LOOK INTO THIS SUPPLEMENT RIGHT HERE FOR HIM, THIS CAN HELP HIM WITH HIS CANCER!!

go google b-17 pills and their effect on cancer, we put my dad on them and it helped a little but it wasnt early enough. they are illegal in the us but can be imported easily
      find a job you love and youll never have to work another day in your life

x.VampireSaliva wrote:

It's total bullshit that they called the police though.

Excluding this quote, I appreciate the sympathy. It was I who called the police, because they were already on the phone to them.

they are illegal in the us but can be imported easily

Thanks for the comments mate, and I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, I really am, but are the above also illegal in the UK?

Shotgun.
      The Shotgun Hitman
      - Radio Head DJ
      - Magazine Author
      - Vip Member

you know, i dont know if the b-17 pill is illegal in the uk, but they are easy to get past customs if u oreder them

the reason they are not approved in america is because our fda had their head up their asses. its legal in other areas, its just like our alcohol policies.....

but definatly look into it, it might help him. the person that told me about it (a nurse at one of the hospitals) said that her husband had cancer and he started taking these pills and he got better and now there is not a trace of cancer in his body, for my dad this info was too late for him. but there is a chance for you

ill be prayin for your dad, i sure hope he wins his battle
      find a job you love and youll never have to work another day in your life