Favorite Book Quotes

• Favorite Book Quotes

"No. I think it would be exciting."
      "Oh, you're so sweet. And maybe I'd look lovely, darling, and be so thin and exciting to you and you'll fall in love with me all over again."
      "Hell," I said, "I love you enough now. What do you want to do? Ruin me?"
      "Yes. I want to ruin you."
      "Good," I said, "that's what I want too."

-A Farewell To Arms by Ernest Hemingway

"The way I saw it, the days and nights would pass whether I did anything or not."

-Black Rabbit Summer by Kevin Brooks

“With schools turning out more runners, jumpers, racers, tinkerers, grabbers, snatchers, fliers, and swimmers instead of examiners, critics, knowers, and imaginative creators, the word 'intellectual,' of course, became the swear word it deserved to be.”

-Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

How about you guys?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Globalization ().

• Re: Favorite Book Quotes

"We'll squeeze every second that we can from our lives, because we're young, and we have plenty of years to grow. We'll grow until we're braver. We'll grow until our bones ache and our skin wrinkles and our hair goes white, and until our hearts decide, at last, that it's time to stop"

-Sever
      -Lauren DeStefano
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“In one aspect, yes, I believe in ghosts, but we create them. We haunt ourselves.” Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls

"Sometimes we seek that which we are not yet ready to find." Libba Bray, Rebel Angels

"Whatever satisfies the soul is truth." Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

"I wondered which was harder, in the end. The act of telling, or who you told it to. Or maybe if, when you finally got it out, the story was really all that mattered." Sarah Dessen, Just Listen

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.” Veronica Roth, Divergent

“Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up.” Veronica Roth, Divergent

“Where there is love, there is often also hate. They can exist side by side.” Cassandre Clare, City of Bones

“You become the monster you fear the worst, so the monster won't overtake you.” Suzanne Weyn, The Bar Code Tattoo
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!

"This is how the world end's"
      "Not with a bang but a whimper."

- T.S Elliot "The hollow men"
      Technology is neither good nor bad, nor even neutral. Technology is one part of the complex of relationships that people form with each other and the world around them; it simply cannot be understood outside of that concept.

“Choose a life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television. Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers... Choose DSY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit crushing game shows, stucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away in the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself, choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?”
      - Irvine Welsh, Trainspotting

“He emphasised basic truths: you are not dying yet, you have to live your life until you are. Underpinning them was the belief that the grim reality of impending death can be talked away by trying to invest in the present reality of life. I didn’t believe that at the time, but now I do. By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”
      - Irvine Welsh, Trainspotting

“All the heat and fear had purged itself. I felt surprisingly at peace. The bell jar hung suspended a few feet above my head. I was open to the circulating air. ”
      ― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]

......All of you go, go to the Urals!
      We clean the place of battle
      Steel machines, where the breathing integral,
      With the Mongolian wild ордою!

But we ourselves - now you no longer shield,
      Now the battle will not join themselves,
      We shall look, as a mortal battle is raging,
      His narrow eyes.

Not move when fierce Gunn
      In the pockets of corpses will fumble,
      Burn the city, and in the Church to drive the herd
      And meat white brothers fry!..

The last time - go back to the old world!
      A fraternal feast of labour and the world,
      The last time the light Bratsk PIR
      Convokes barbarian lyre!

(Alexander Blok The SCYTHIANS)

"O bloody period!" - Othello. Come on, we all laughed at that.
      “And I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy.” - The Great Gatsby
      I know there were some great quotes from The Paul Street Boys that I loved, but I've misplaced the book and Google is no help. :o