'Getting Back Out There'

• 'Getting Back Out There'

Me and my girlfriend have recently separated after a two month relationship, not the longest I know, but still hurts. Now I have re-invented myself somewhat, changed my hairstyle, had a few facials, bought some new clothes, and yeah, I'm ready to get back on the market. One problem, however, I don't know how I can go about approaching girls both on Facebook and in real life, I don't have many girl-friends, so that's not a possibility.

So... What do I do to approach girls?

Also, is it better to get good friends with someone and then ask them, or get to know them a little bit and ask them sooner?

With my last one, she started talking to me, but I feel that this isn't a regular occurance. Please help :)

Thanks x
    • Re: 'Getting Back Out There'

Generally I'm pretty good on the rebound. However, in February my boyfriend of two years and I broke up. I'm still pretty much hurting over it, which is very unlike me. I've been spending a lot of time with work or with WoW, my social life has taken a big dive (plus my bf and I were living together, so when we broke up I moved, and now I'm kind of far from my/our friends).

As for approaching girls, well, there are a lot of variables. While it's pretty superficial, I've found that when someone I'm physically attracted to comes up to me randomly I am much more open and willing to strike a conversation, as opposed to if someone who I found unattractive were to approach me. So really, it's luck of the draw. A few places that I'd be open to someone talking me up: coffee shop, grocery store, bookstore. I always thought that those places gave inherent conversation starters: talking about your coffee, what you're cooking, what you're reading, etc.

I'm personally not really too keen on building friendships. I have a lot of friends. I don't need more. I want lovers and romantic partners. Typically if someone tries to pull the friend card first it's a lot harder to get me interested. But if we get involved physically quickly then I'm really interested in hanging out and getting to know him more. But everyone will vary. I'm very open sexually, so that very likely affects how I interact with people (and thus how I want them to interact with me).