High Calorie Milkshakes/Smoothies

• High Calorie Milkshakes/Smoothies

Anyone make any that taste good and are at least somewhat healthy?

Just kind of freestyled one quickly and it was meh.. alright I guess:

1 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream
      I Cup Milk
      1 Banana
      4 Tbsp Peanut Butter
      1 Tbsp Chocolate Syrup
      41g Whey Protein
      Couple drops of vanilla

Ended up being right around 1000 calories, but the peanut butter was extremely strong and as much as it is packed with calories, it's not my personal favourite. Anyone have any suggestions?
    • Re: High Calorie Milkshakes/Smoothies

This is low calorie, but you could probably add some supplements and stuff to suit you.

1 banana
      1 cup milk
      1 tbsp vanilla extract
      1 tsp cocoa

It's pretty fantastic tasting.
      I had one of these for either breakfast or a snack almost every day while losing weight last summer.
      June 26 2010<3

Shonna wrote:

This is low calorie, but you could probably add some supplements and stuff to suit you.

1 banana
      1 cup milk
      1 tbsp vanilla extract
      1 tsp cocoa

It's pretty fantastic tasting.
      I had one of these for either breakfast or a snack almost every day while losing weight last summer.

I'm trying to find something without having to use supplements as I don't really want to use them (the only reason I used whey protein was because my brother had a bit left over). I normally do make a milkshake every single day using milk, ice cream, a banana, strawberries and vanilla extract, but I still want to get a few extra calories out of something else. Haven't tried adding cocoa though, I'll give it a go next time.

Best Friend wrote:

I'm trying to find something without having to use supplements as I don't really want to use them (the only reason I used whey protein was because my brother had a bit left over). I normally do make a milkshake every single day using milk, ice cream, a banana, strawberries and vanilla extract, but I still want to get a few extra calories out of something else. Haven't tried adding cocoa though, I'll give it a go next time.

Try adding oatmeal,quinoa, flax or chia to it then.
      :)
      June 26 2010<3

Shonna wrote:

Try adding oatmeal,quinoa, flax or chia to it then.
      :)

Yeah I just looked online and found a bunch of stuff with oatmeal and flax in it, just thought it sounded pretty strange to put in a shake. I know they're high in calories though, so I'll probably try it out next time.

My brother literally only eats oatmeal and quinoa just plain, I find that so weird and pretty gross. Well that, along with chicken breasts.

What I usually drink is 2 scoops of protein and 1 cup of dry oats and 16oz of water. Its about 600 calories 55g of protein and 50g of carbs. If you want more than that you could use milk instead of water.
      Look at yourself in the mirror and tell me what a man is without pride, tell me what a man is without fire in his eyes.

Best Friend wrote:

Yeah I just looked online and found a bunch of stuff with oatmeal and flax in it, just thought it sounded pretty strange to put in a shake. I know they're high in calories though, so I'll probably try it out next time.

My brother literally only eats oatmeal and quinoa just plain, I find that so weird and pretty gross. Well that, along with chicken breasts.

lol yikes=/
      I wouldn't be able to do that. I mean, I eat oatmeal for breakfast some mornings but I have to flavor it with xylitol, cinnamon and sometimes some sugar free maple syrup.
      Depending on the time of year I also dice up an apple and toss it in, or a banana.
      It's really good that way.
      June 26 2010<3

Shonna wrote:

lol yikes=/
      I wouldn't be able to do that. I mean, I eat oatmeal for breakfast some mornings but I have to flavor it with xylitol, cinnamon and sometimes some sugar free maple syrup.
      Depending on the time of year I also dice up an apple and toss it in, or a banana.
      It's really good that way.

He'll occasionally toss in some plain yogurt, otherwise that's it :p

Low Calorie:

1/4 c. blueberries
      1/2 c. strawberries
      1 large banana
      1/2 c. Chobani plain non-fat yogurt
      1/2 c. blueberry Kefir

Add flax seeds, crushed walnuts, peanut butter, ice cream/frozen yogurt, and/or supplements to up the calorie count.
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Musicaddicted ().