What can I do?!

• What can I do?!

What can I do?!
      So I'm 15.out of my friends there is a group of like 10 of us. One of my rather close friends ( who is madly in love eith her boyfriend) had a friend who is really hot. He is so attractive but he is also such a nice kind accepting person who is really optimistic and inspirational i haven't actually met him but I can tell by the way she talks about him and by his instagram and Facebook. She has told us all about him cause they are like best friends and I have him on Facebook and snapchat. But the problem is about 4 of my other friends all seem really interested in him because he is so hot and they areall much prettier than me. But I really like him and to do with his personality his looks are a bonus but I really like him because he seems perfect to me. But I think he is little more friendly with one of my friends who has been talking to him for longer but not flirty. How do I set myself apart from the rest of my friends and get him to like me? They are all just interested in his looks and pretending to be interesting in him but I actually am! I have his number but I haven't text him yet, we have snap chatted a bit and stuff but I only started talking to him a few days ago. What can I use as an excuse to talk to him and text him? And how do I get him to like me and set myself apart from the crowd? Ps he has never met me in person and lives about 20 min car drive away.Any advice would be so appreciated