Xbox One v.s. Xbox 360

• Re: Xbox One v.s. Xbox 360

Butthurt Burt wrote:

More populated online =/= Better console

If you're telling me that the Xbox has a better library of games than the PS2, I'm going to rape your entire family and kill you.

Ari Gold wrote:

PS2 was definitely a better system than the Xbox. I've actually never heard of anyone arguing the contrary. Xbox had better online play but that's pretty unimportant given the time.

Truthfully you two are the first people I know that have agreed the PS2 is better. Sure, it had a bigger library, but all of my friends were bored of the console long before the PS3 was released. Better library =/= better console. Obviously it's a factor, but it's just as much of a factor as online play.

If online play isn't a factor, then why were so many people crying over the "always online" xbox one, or the now subscription-based PSN? That seemed to be more of a factor than the number of games that are available for play.

And don't even get me started about Halo CE and Halo 2.

Best Friend wrote:

Truthfully you two are the first people I know that have agreed the PS2 is better. Sure, it had a bigger library, but all of my friends were bored of the console long before the PS3 was released. Better library =/= better console. Obviously it's a factor, but it's just as much of a factor as online play.

If online play isn't a factor, then why were so many people crying over the "always online" xbox one, or the now subscription-based PSN? That seemed to be more of a factor than the number of games that are available for play.

And don't even get me started about Halo CE and Halo 2.

Because the online really started to kick in with the 7th generation (PS3 and Xbox 360), when the PS2 and Xbox were there, sure, there was online, but it wasn't that important because not many people played online on a console back then
      Opgekankert, jij!

Sometimes, you gotta put them deuces up.

PS2 and Xbox didn't even ship with online gaming services. Those weren't launched till much later, so they really aren't important factors when evaluating those two consoles. Xbox 360 and PS3? Sure. Their predecessors? No way.

And what's more important for a console than the game library? That's not just some factor, it's generally what makes or breaks a system. Would you have cared about the Xbox at all if it didn't have Halo?

Ari Gold wrote:

PS2 and Xbox didn't even ship with online gaming services. Those weren't launched till much later, so they really aren't important factors when evaluating those two consoles. Xbox 360 and PS3? Sure. Their predecessors? No way.

And what's more important for a console than the game library? That's not just some factor, it's generally what makes or breaks a system. Would you have cared about the Xbox at all if it didn't have Halo?

Give me any FPS and a way to face people online and it automatically hands down beats the other console.

Obviously in terms of game library, PS2 wins. In terms of initial release, PS2 wins. But in terms of having the most fun throughout the console's entire lifetime, Xbox wins.

My personal opinion of course :p