What's up with him? He's acting strange.

• What's up with him? He's acting strange.

My crush and I go to the same church so we see a lot of each other. Usually, he would walk me to my car, hold doors open for me and hug me for no apparent reason. Everyone knew that we were a thing. One day, one of the older men saw his arm around my shoulders and he started teasing my crush. Every since then my crush has been ignoring me. Yesterday, I even stood next to him to see if he say hi or something (my friend was talking to him too), but he just looked at me and walked away. He has also been talking to the new girl who is very pretty a lot more lately. What's going on? Was it something the man said or am I being paranoid?
    • Re: What's up with him? He's acting strange.

Well people only really act this way when they get ribbed for liking someone. Am I right to say he's a bit on the shy side?
      Just keep talking and being friendly and open to him and he'll become comfortable with you again.
      As with the other girl? I'm not sure sorry. Maybe he's just friends or he's using her to build up his confidence? Not sure but just keep talking to him and see how things go on from there.
    • Re: What's up with him? He's acting strange.

This has actually happened many times, and I have heard about this kind of thing happening a lot, even a bit in my own life. The older man made your boyfriend feel awkward. Those feelings were then transferred to you and now he feels it is awkward to be around you.
      I used to like a girl, and once a friend teased me about it, jokingly but it made me feel awkward about her, and I started to stay away from her when I could.
      Your best bet is to be nice to him, smile, etc, and try to make him forget about being teased.

I know it might not make sense or seem silly that the teasing made him feel this way about you, but that's how our minds work sometimes.

Hope this helped, and good luck :)
      If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
      And if I am only for myself, what am I?
      And if not now, when?