Should I give up?

• Should I give up?

I've been in an online relationship with a man for the past 1 1/2 - 2 years.
      He's always busy with his job and family so he isn't able to visit me, not to mention that I'm 17 and he's much older so it wouldn't look good and my parents would never allow it.
      We talk on Skype and tweet each other all the time, but it doesn't look like we'll be able to actually be with one another any time soon.
      Do you think I should just end things now before I get too involved (even though I'm already in love with him :( ) or wait it out? I can't imagine myself with anyone else but him, but it's extremely painful knowing that I won't be able to see him any time soon.

Help me, Teen Hut!
    • Re: Should I give up?

Ashley12Marie wrote:

awwe, well I think you should tell him exactly how you feel, because maybe he even feels the same, if a relationship has to be kept a secret then you shouldnt be in it, and if you guys can't see each other then maybe nows just not the right time for you to be together

We've talked about our feelings a lot, we have mutual feelings for each other and he has told me that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. It's just a lot more complicated than that, because he is currently married :x
      I know it's awful that our relationship has continued this long and I never intended for him to actually cheat on his wife. We started off as friends, with very casual conversations but it was obvious from the start that our friendship would blossom into the romantic and scandalous affair it is today. :c

Ashley12Marie wrote:

oh goodness.. that's a tough situation, if he's married then you probably shouldn't be with him, if he wants to spend the rest of his life with you then why is he with someone else?

Well he has an image that he needs to keep up. It makes me feel really bad though, because it seems like if he REALLY loved me, then he would leave his wife, but I know his reputation and career are very important to him so I don't want to make him choose. :/

Ashley12Marie wrote:

well he needs to choose! he can't be doing that it's wrong, what kind of career does he have where he needs his wife?

He's retired now, but he still gives speeches and things like that very often. It would look really bad on his part if he was caught cheating on his wife.

Kyle. wrote:

give up
      date me
      ?????
      profit

ur already my sugar daddy tho<3

Best Friend wrote:

Tell him you want to end the relationship. If he sings this to you, he's a keeper.

Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way - YouTube

omG he doesn't like to sing! Is that a bad sign?

I don't like to say this but I'm kinda sceptical of it. It's just my opinion, but it just doesn't seem possible that he would give up everything he currently has and go spend his life with someone he met over the internet.

Maybe that only doesn't work in my country. Just my two cents.

All the best.
      "You use your heart as a weapon, and it hurts like Heaven."

It's your choice; blue pill or the red pill.

Do you go deeper into the rabbit hole, let your feelings develop even further so you get even more attached...

Or do you play it safe and end it now.

The factors you have to consider are: Do you really want someone who acts in such an unloyal way that they are technically cheating on their wife? Do you definitely believe you will meet in the future? Do you skype at least 4 times a week? Finally, do you believe that it is worth him divorcing his wife for you (and do you think he would go through with it).

If your answer to all of that was yes, then I guess you should stay with him. But, he will have to choose between you and his wife if you do continue.

Only if you are SURE about this relationship should you keep going.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Quanta ().

Quanta wrote:

It's your choice; blue pill or the red pill.

Do you go deeper into the rabbit hole, let your feelings develop even further so you get even more attached...

Or do you play it safe and end it now.

The factors you have to consider are: Do you really want someone who acts in such an unloyal way that they are technically cheating on their wife? Do you definitely believe you will meet in the future? Do you skype at least 4 times a week? Finally, do you believe that it is worth him divorcing his wife for you (and do you think he would go through with it).

If your answer to all of that was yes, then I guess you should stay with him. But, he will have to choose between you and his wife if you do continue.

Only if you are SURE about this relationship should you keep going.

RED YEAH GO REPUBLICANS WOOOOO
      I don't get the red blue pill thing

I know it's probably a bad thing; he's cheating on his wife so how do I know that he wouldn't cheat on me?
      I definitely do believe we'll meet.. I start college soon and he told me he plans to visit my college so we can finally see each other <3
      Yeah we Skype almost everyday (at least we have been during the summer).
      I'm not sure, he's definitely expressed a strong interest in wanting to divorce his wife but they have 5 kids (all grown up now) so ugh I don't want to be the reason that their family is torn apart. I'm hoping maybe she'll get sick and die or something l0l D: