Nothing seems simple

• Nothing seems simple

So i'm dating someone and it's been about 6 weeks. The thing is she lives roughly 2 hours away and dating is supposed to be the happy period of time before you consider actually having a relationship with someone where you meet up and actually go on dates and have a good time, but living 2 hours away and only being 16, i cannot drive and we've only met twice. To make things worse she has an ex boyfriend who will not leave her alone and wants to beat me up and stuff and to be honest i'd love to see him try because i would never lose a fight. We both want a simple lifestyle but i don't get why she doesn't just cut him out altogether rather than verbally battle with him and deny meeting me and kissing me which makes me feel like crap. I just want to be happy and have one of those cute tumblr relationships where the couples never seem to not be happy and love life. I don't see why i don't just end it all and try and find someone else but then again, what valid reason do i have for that because in all fairness i'm just too nice. Part of me just wishes it was simple and i wasn't so nice. I just know if i moved on i would be happy but something keeps stopping me and subsequently has lead me to a teenage forum to get help. Seriously any advice would be nice. Even to know i'm not alone.
    • Re: Nothing seems simple

If he won't leave her alone, it's not really about her "cutting him out". You can cut all you want, if someone won't leave you alone, they won't. It's sometimes not up to you.

"Cute tumblr relationships" are an illusion, and I hope you realize that. I also hope you realize that the fact they seem to be happy all the time doesn't mean it really is like that. No person is always happy. Well, unless they're on some very good drugs, and then again it's an illusion. So what you want is pretty much an illusion that you won't have, because the illusion only works for people outside of the relationship. The ones that have it, know what's it like. And nothing in life is always rainbows and butterflies.

You don't have a reason for keeping the dating up if you don't care about her and it's all a burden to you. You really, really don't. And if you don't have a reason for something, you simply don't do it unless you have to.

If you want to move on, and you think it would make you happy, why don't you do it?

I think you should. I know you should. Do it.

You're not alone, you're not the only one that has this problem. It's all going to be ok. Just make the choice that makes you happy.

Leading her on is not being nice, it's the opposite, really. If you want to be nice, be honest. If you want to be happy, do what makes you happy.

You're lucky - in this situation, you can be both nice and happy.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]He holds me in his big arms
      Drunk and I am seeing stars
      This is all I think of
      [/SIZE]

[/CENTER]