Hard To Open Up

• Hard To Open Up

So yeah, I've been wanting to tell my parents I'm bisexual, but I dont know what to do or say. I've been open about it for a little over a year and I'm just sick of just hiding it. I want to tell my parents that I'm bisexual, but I'm just scared. I'm afraid of what they'll do and after seeing my sisters reaction when I told her, I'm afraid it'll be worse. I've been dating a friend for a while now and I really want to show her off, but whenever she's around the house, I just pretend shes a friend until my parents get away. Its hard keeping my feelings hidden and I really want to open up for them, but I fear my parents disowning me. What should I do? Or, what do you think the easiest thing for me to do is? I'm desperate at the moment and my girlfriend is going through the same problem.
    • Re: Hard To Open Up

Just simply tell them.
      They may not like it at first, but they're your parents... They will understand eventually.
      You will always be their child & they will always care for you, whether you like boys & girls or not.
      My mom wasn't to fond about it at first, but she doesn't care now.
      Now her & I joke around about it.

It's harder to think of how to say than just saying it & getting it out of the way.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=3]I'll make your [SIZE=4]<3[/SIZE] jump[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=2][SIZE=3] like you was on c o c a i n e.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]
    • Re: Hard To Open Up

just tell them the truth.
      at the end of the day you arent going to change who you are just because people dont approve, are you?
      like corpsegrinder said, they are your parents, and they will love you no matter what you do, who you are or who you date.
      obviously they are going to be shocked at first, but if you give them time they will get over it.
      its your life and you cant hide a part of it from them forever.
      just tell them the truth, they will understand.