Iraq War

• Re: Iraq War

Just read the posts on the 1st 3 or 4 pages... Made me chuckle. :rofl:
      Bush is the worst excuse for a politician ever. I'm not gonna stereotype all Americans, but nobody can deny a vast majority are completely ignorant of the war in Iraq.
      The USA put Hussein to power. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) they supplied the gas he used to eradicate the Kurds. Then Bush gets all huffy because there's a tiny chance of someone having "WMDs". As I said in another post - so what?
      The only logical thing Bush has ever done is invade Afghanistan, he would be a coward not to.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

I haven't read most of the posts here because my connection is slow and I'm too impatient to wait right now. Plus I have a feeling the posts would irritate me. But here is my 2 cents.

This war with Iraq is senseless, idiotic and only causing harm. I never liked the war, I thought it was a bad idea from the start. I saw some one post that Americans put Hussein in power in the first place, and yep I believe Americans did. I also think the president is a frikken imbecile. I kind of wonder how he got elected, but then when I look at the majority of the voting population I don't wonder. I certainly didn't vote for him, I was too young to vote anyway, but given the ability to I would not have. The man can't even use decent grammar, let alone run a country.

But this war is stupid. It isn't doing any good, there is nothing to gain from it. It's cost too much both monetarily and in human lives. Innocent human lives at that.
      And honestly, I'm ashamed to admit that I am American. I'm tempted to move to the UK, pick up an English accent and give up my US citizenship. I'm tired of being associated with complete idiocy. But that's a whole different topic.
      [SIZE=4]"Penguins. Lovely." - Edward in Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. You know you want to read it.
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]
      [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Sasha Vassily wrote:

Its just the British forces, they are the only ones in Iraq with sense anyway. American forces are going in to replace them. :D

Why on Earth are they putting more in? Wouldn't it make sense for them to take more out? Bloody hell, all that I can think of left of appeal to them is oil.
      What ya reckon? :|

There is no O in BLT wrote:

And honestly, I'm ashamed to admit that I am American. I'm tempted to move to the UK, pick up an English accent and give up my US citizenship. I'm tired of being associated with complete idiocy. But that's a whole different topic.

This country's halfway down shit creek without a paddle, the Prime Minister's a dick, the Government's useless, and the education ad judicial systems are absolute crap. :D
      But hey, that's just my opinion! :)
      :rofl:
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

I never wanted to go into Iraq in the first place, but we've already stuck out goddamned hand in the cookie jar and we can't pull out now :P

If we left now Iraq would fall back to shit, a bad government would take back over, and Al Queda would have bragging rights for kicking America out.

If you look at what is really happening, REALLY, then you see a LOT of good. Operation Iraqi Children

Over 200,000 packages of school supplies have been sent over to Iraq to a country where schooling had no paper, no pencils, no blackboard, no books, nothing to learn with. Iraqi children are given hope for life, hope to get an education, hope that their lives will be better now because the US stepped in and are helping them. At the end of the day what matters is what good has been done. I believe much more good has been done in Iraq than bad; children are saved, their economy is doing better, they have more electric and water than when they did in Saddam's reign, they have a much better and less corrupt banking system, they have new currencies, and the Iraqi people really do love us.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]"I have seen Iraqi kids climbing on our soldiers and hugging them and kissing them," remembers Sinise, who accompanied Army soldiers to a dilapidated school they were rebuilding. "I have seen their smiling faces and their attempts to say 'I love you' in broken English. The folks I saw had hope in their eyes and gratitude in their hearts for what was done for them."[/FONT]

If you talk to any of the American Soldiers in Iraq, you'll find that a lot of them believe in what they're doing. A bunch of them enjoying helping Iraqi children, a lot enjoy bringing this country up and helping them stand on their own feet. If they didn't they wouldn't have signed up for the military in the first place.

I think we did a good thing by going to Iraq, and our Al Queda-revenge attempt has turned into a big operation to help the Iraqi people live better.

Can you measure the worth of life against what they died doing? In the end, that is the only deciding factor in whether the Iraq War has been good or not.
      I'm Proud to be an American.
      Pro-Choice Before Conception, Pro-Life After.
      A person cannot help what they Feel, only what they Do.
      You will never find proof of a god... because it's Faith

The post was edited 2 times, last by asoiafdude ().

asoiafdude wrote:

the Iraqi people really do love us.

Saying that is on the verge of stupidity...

asoiafdude wrote:

If they didn't they wouldn't have signed up for the military in the first place.

Or how about they just wanted a job? Or some life experience. They're the reasons I'm joining the British Army...

asoiafdude wrote:

I think we did a good thing by going to Iraq

You had absolutely no right to go there. There were no threats, nothing to provoke the US in any way to invade. There was the chance that Saddam might have had WMD's. Big deal, most countries have them to some extent.
      Bush basically took any excuse and made an opportunity to invade. Saddam's dead, and wait a sec... No WMD's. How can you justify the invasion now? The soldiers are still there, and they aren't pulling out, they're putting more in to replace the British who are leaving. The only excuse left I can see for them to be there is oil.

asoiafdude wrote:

and our Al Queda-revenge attempt has turned into a big operation to help the Iraqi people live better.

As far as I know the Iraq invasion had nothing to do with Al-Quaeda; that was 9/11.

asoiafdude wrote:

Can you measure the worth of life against what they died doing? In the end, that is the only deciding factor in whether the Iraq War has been good or not.

They died doing a foolish, greedy man's bidding. A waste of life in my opinion, the invasion has bore no good for the US, except maybe more, cheaper oil...
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Have you no sense of decency? We are helping HUMAN LIVES over there, and all you can do is complain we're over there for oil?

If you have even bothered to actually read and take in what I had said, or even look at the website, you would have found plentiful evidence that a lot of them love us.

Besides, I never even said we weren't over there for oil. I never said it helped the US any, and I never said we had a right to go there. All I said was, we are HELPING them. And if you don't even care that we are helping our fellow humans, then maybe this is a horrible world. If you cannot even find the good in you to look at poor children that have never even HELD a notebook, but now get to use them daily for school, then maybe we should just pull out and leave them there to die and never get a proper schooling and to never live like they could have if we had looked past ourselves and our own selfish squabbles with the government.

The post was edited 2 times, last by asoiafdude ().

asoiafdude wrote:

Have you no sense of decency? We are helping HUMAN LIVES over there, and all you can do is complain we're over there for oil?

Helping?

Helping by doing what? Raping and Killing Millions?
      Is this a new way of helping people by attacking a nation, killing millions of people?

Helping by reducing population you meant? One of you from America says, why fight so much? Just drop a nuclear and kill all of them to save time. :rolleyes:
      And then you say someone is hating America......

You must be in some sort of illusion or fake informations. Must be your Media or some friend whose giving you false news or you must be highly ignorant who thinks that USA is in Iraq to help them and not actually doing a war or is there for OIL. Everybody knows why US is there, OIL. Accept the reality and get on with it.

And you say Iraqis love US soldiers of America? Well, I cannot say they do or not. But what I can say is no Person of a country would dare to love something that caused deaths of their Millions of People, Rapes etc. :rolleyes:

BlockHead2111 wrote:

the invasion has bore no good for the US, except maybe more, cheaper oil...

And nope, it hasn't even done that. Oil is still expensive as all get out.

And How is killing and raping millions helping them? Or are you deluded enough to honestly believe that rape and death are beneficial to a person?
      [SIZE=4]"Penguins. Lovely." - Edward in Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. You know you want to read it.
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]
      [/SIZE][/SIZE]

There is no O in BLT wrote:

And nope, it hasn't even done that. Oil is still expensive as all get out.

And How is killing and raping millions helping them? Or are you deluded enough to honestly believe that rape and death are beneficial to a person?

I doubt petrol/"gas" prices in the US are anywhere near ours.
      We have it at £1.109/litre for petrol and £1.4ish for diesel...
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

BlockHead2111 wrote:

I doubt petrol/"gas" prices in the US are anywhere near ours.
      We have it at £1.109/litre for petrol and £1.4ish for diesel...

When you say anywhere near, do you mean like higher and lower? Because based on that I'm pretty sure you're is WAY lower. Gas prices are around $3.20 where I live. That's almost three times what you said.

I could be confused about something though.
      :o

If you guys would stop and think for a second, and let me talk, I would be very grateful.

You are all saying we Americans are stupid and listen to everything our media says and are basically brainwashed by our Media and Government.

However, if you think about yourselves, your hatred of Americans and the Iraq War is brought on by your OWN media and government. Are Americans the only ones with corrupt government and media, is America the only place where we are taught one view by the media? No. Your media shows you how America has botched up the Iraq War, you government tells you how the Iraq War is a waste, and yet you believe them note for note while you insult us for doing the same with our government and media.

The nation of Iraq, by a 2002 estimate, has a population of 24,002,000 people. If millions have died in this war, nay, if HALF a million people have even died in this war, let god strike me down. The nuclear bomb caused deaths of both Hiroshima and Nagasaki COMBINED barely total over 200,000; let alone a million. If even a hundred thousand people have died in the Iraq War, I will personally pay for you to come over to America so you can rape me and kick my ass.

Ok, first thing's first.
      How can you fucking dare to say "The nuclear bomb caused deaths of both Hiroshima and Nagasaki COMBINED barely total over 200,000; let alone a million".
      That is people's lives you are talking about here, that's basically wiping out my entire town two or three times. Saying that is fucking sick, and I don't care what infractions I might happen to get for saying it like this, I'm not apologising.

Secondly.
      I don't need to be told what ignorant pigs the majority of yanks are, because an online life and international media is enough for me. Yes the media here says the Iraq war is senseless and inhumane. But the good, unbiased media here says how good the US are doing in Afghanistan, which I agree with.
      Accept it, the Iraq war is a disaster. The people hate you, despite what that biased site tells you, and now, thanks to your absolute moron of a president, the majority of the planet does too.

I don't "hate" Americans. I hate Bush. I dislike the majority of Americans for how bloody ignorant they all are, and how arrogant and up-their-own-arse they act.

"If even a hundred thousand people have died in the Iraq War, I will personally pay for you to come over to America so you can rape me and kick my ass."

Even if it isn't as high as Sasha said, 100k is still a shit-load of innocent lives gone because of a sick, pointless, greed-powered war.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

asoiafdude wrote:

You are all saying we Americans are stupid and listen to everything our media says and are basically brainwashed by our Media and Government.

Sorry? My media doesn't have so much time to spread rubbish about America. They only show what is the truth and not blab like your media maybe. And whatever they show can be verified online with other media sites but I doubt that false news shown by your media can only be backed up with American Sites and by the way there is also no reason for the entire world to show false news. If you think that the entire world is lying and only America is speaking the truth, then you are one of the most ignorant and stupid guy.

asoiafdude wrote:

The nation of Iraq, by a 2002 estimate, has a population of 24,002,000 people. If millions have died in this war, nay, if HALF a million people have even died in this war, let god strike me down. The nuclear bomb caused deaths of both Hiroshima and Nagasaki COMBINED barely total over 200,000; let alone a million. If even a hundred thousand people have died in the Iraq War, I will personally pay for you to come over to America so you can rape me and kick my ass.

I didn't know that you are such a pathetic human being. Forget sympathy, you look kind of happy that they killed just 100k and according to your attitude it seems death of 100k is just normal. Let someone kill 100k Americans, and then lets see if you would say with the same attitude.

You are SICK! :mad: