Getting over someone I never had

• Getting over someone I never had

Hey guys. I'm Iain, and I'm new to this forum.
      And I just need help and support. Cos there's this girl that I've been liking since I was 11. I'm turning 18 now, so it's been 7 years; and I have to admit, I am not over her. Not at all. I've confessed to her before, I've done all I can.
      Reality is, I'll never be with her. I just don't get why it's so hard to get over someone I never had. It's stupid I know. As a teenage guy, I know that almost every girl I liked, I've had sexual desires about them. But this girl, I don't. I don't think of her in that way. I just want to be with her.

Now, I still talk to her after cutting all communication for idk, 2 years? Idk. I honestly don't even know where I'm going with this post. I'm just really really confused and frustrated that I can't get over someone I never had a thing with. This is kinda just a rant. Advice is greatly appreciated, but yknow what, I've tried almost everything to get over her. I just can't, and I don't understand why.
    • Re: Getting over someone I never had

I think you know what I am gonna say, you have to move on. I know it is easy to say...
      Maybe it would be easier to stop talking to her, at least until you are not over her ? I have a feeling that it is way harder to forget someone when you constantly have news of this person.
      Do you look at other girls sometimes ? It could help. (I am absolutely not telling you to try to rush into a relationship, being the "rebond" person must be awful - unless this person is aware of the situation)

In fact I do not have a lot of advices, but it makes me a bit sad to read this.
      I think you "can't" get over her because, 7 years is huge, it became some sort of "dream". Now, it is like giving up on a dream, it is hard but you can do it. It will take some time, but I promise, someday you will feel way better.

I am sorry, I am not a lot of help, but if you just want to talk, if it can help you to feel better feel free to pm me.

Good luck!

(sorry for my English ><)
    • Re: Getting over someone I never had

iainchan97 wrote:

Hey guys. I'm Iain, and I'm new to this forum.
      And I just need help and support. Cos there's this girl that I've been liking since I was 11. I'm turning 18 now, so it's been 7 years; and I have to admit, I am not over her. Not at all. I've confessed to her before, I've done all I can.
      Reality is, I'll never be with her. I just don't get why it's so hard to get over someone I never had. It's stupid I know. As a teenage guy, I know that almost every girl I liked, I've had sexual desires about them. But this girl, I don't. I don't think of her in that way. I just want to be with her.

Now, I still talk to her after cutting all communication for idk, 2 years? Idk. I honestly don't even know where I'm going with this post. I'm just really really confused and frustrated that I can't get over someone I never had a thing with. This is kinda just a rant. Advice is greatly appreciated, but yknow what, I've tried almost everything to get over her. I just can't, and I don't understand why.

You know what? Sometimes it sucks but you gotta' just man up and move on.

You can't and shouldn't have to force anyone to love you or want to be with you.

The more you dwell on the fact that you will never be with this particular person, the more you're not focusing on all the other amazing people around you - don't miss an opporunity for something great because you didn't open your eyes and look around.