Religious Parents

• Religious Parents

My parents a christians....well my dads a preacher. but he doesnt have his own church anymore. i really hate it. i cant watch movies that are pg-13 or even sometimes they cant be pg....im 17! and i cant listen to the music that i like. we fight alot. when i was a freshman my parents said NO Drinking, No Sex, and NO CUSSING! well they cant fucking keep me from doing all three. My friends say that they are being hypocritical. They cuss me out all the time but i get slapped in the face if i even say god! when i was little my mom used to slap my face if i so much as slipped milk. but i guess i repressed it so much that i actually forgot it. but everything came rushing back when a close friend started hitting me. then the connection was made why i have always been afraid of my parents and why no one can touch my face. and when i was 15 i was raped and 9 months later i tried to tell my mom and she didnt believe me. she accused my of lying for attention and then she told dad and he said i was lying kuz i had sex and i didnt want to get in trouble. i hate my life at home. i decided when i was 14 that when i graduate i was packing everything and leaving without looking back. i cry myself to sleep every night...and they just yell for me to shut up. i cant cry in front of them anymore kuz they just start yelling. i'm just sick of the yelling. they get mad saying im depressed all the time and they dont realize they are the problem...i know i'll get better as soon as i move out and i live on my own.

everything turns into a religious lesson. we watched a really good christmas special the other night. and this guy's wife left him and their kids and he meets a single mom and his kids mother comes back wanting to be a family again and he said no she couldnt she didnt want them a year ago so he doesnt want her now and when it was over mom was like that was a good show but it would of been better if he got back together with his wife. and i was thinking wtf? his wife was a bitch! and then she said that even though she broke their vows first he broke them th second time and blah blah blah. and everything is you must be a christian. i have a few friends who arent and they dont like them they think they are a bad influence on me. i cant tell them that i've been on the outs with god since i was 14...i know he exists but i think that he doesnt care about us. they force me to go to church and sunday school and i really hate it.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]“But be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.” ~William Shakespeare[/SIZE] [/CENTER]
    • Re: Religious Parents

That sounds wacked out...
      Maybe you should join the belief of satanism and piss them off XD
      Where are you from? Is it legal for them to hit you? =/
      I really sounds like you live a fucked up life, if you cry yourself to sleep every night maybe you ought to get another family...

Btw, what do "cussing" mean?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IcePillow wrote:

That sounds wacked out...
      Maybe you should join the belief of satanism and piss them off XD
      Where are you from? Is it legal for them to hit you? =/
      I really sounds like you live a fucked up life, if you cry yourself to sleep every night maybe you ought to get another family...

Btw, what do "cussing" mean?
      It means cursing, swearing, whatever you want to call it.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

well im atheist, and my whole family it's catholic... i just made clear to my mom that i don't believe in any religion, at first she was kinda uncomfortable with that, asking my brothers, even my brother in law, why i made that choice, finally she just accepted that fact.

what im saying is, you have to be rebellious on that matter, im not saying that you can go and practically send your parents to hell or say their god sucks, etc.... just be sure to take such stance.

indeed it's a sad situation and maybe i can't fully understand it, but it happens a lot of times, no one believes you, i been there and it feels like shit, but what else can you do then?, just keep going with your life, it's hard and painful yes, but as someone said "everything that doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

and well, in case that shit goes on, i think the best you can do is leave them, can't imagine what means to be all by yourself but it must be better than living in such repression.