2008 USA Presidential Election

• Re: 2008 USA Presidential Election

you really love to twist peoples words, I see you do it a lot...

I never said white people are evil, just like you never said all black people were gang bangers. your statement that I believe white people are evil is also incredibly stupid, seeing as I am half white myself.

I simply stated the belief that Obama had a better chance of getting assassinated then any white president. I stated this because America is allready racist, there is a white majority in this country, and the chances, please note I said chances, of obama getting killed by some crazy racist are higher then a white president.

I never said a black man wasn't capable of killing obama, I said the chances are greater that a racist would pull the trigger.

and all this shit about Dr. King, this has nothing to do with the current argument. I'm not talking about black or white supremacy, the civil right movement, or any of that shit, not to mention your completely, COMPLETELY, wrong about the black panthers, you've obviously never learned enough about them to make a correct statement.

and that last statement, Your right, I'm not afraid of Edwards getting killed by the rolling 20's blood gang either, I am however afraid of Obama getting shot by a KKK orginazation that involves itself in politics.

and the King statement was Ignorant too, you assume my parents and grandparents followed king simply because he was the figure head of the movement. Fact is none of my family followed King, I honestly think his form of protest was bullshit, I'll never let someone beat me, spit on me, and put dogs on me, and just say I love you in return.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

you really love to twist peoples words, I see you do it a lot...

Stop making ignorant statements that can easily be pushed into an assumption and we won't have an issue. I see you do that a lot.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

I never said white people are evil, just like you never said all black people were gang bangers. your statement that I believe white people are evil is also incredibly stupid, seeing as I am half white myself.

I don't care if you're 100% white. You seem to have this distorted perception that the only hateful people in this country are white. That just because these groups exist and you don't see any black groups like that, that white people are the insane ones and blacks are the level headed ones, when it's completely untrue. Every racial group has their fair share of nutjobs. Don't single one group out more than another. You're being just as racist as those who make malicious comments about your racial make up.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

I simply stated the belief that Obama had a better chance of getting assassinated then any white president. I stated this because America is allready racist, there is a white majority in this country, and the chances, please note I said chances, of obama getting killed by some crazy racist are higher then a white president.

Really? America is already racist? That's why we're a few months away from potentially putting a black man up for the nomination and possibly even electing him president. Maybe you've experienced racism. Maybe you've been racially discriminated against. But this country has come extremely far from the days of old in terms of racial equality. I've met quite a few crazy black racists. I guess Louis Farrakhan and his supporters aren't dangerous towards whites.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

I never said a black man wasn't capable of killing obama, I said the chances are greater that a racist would pull the trigger.

And you know this how? Once again. This is no different than me saying "I never said a white man wouldn't kill John Edwards. I'm just saying there's more of a chance a black racist would pull the trigger." And I wouldn't say that. I understand that there's an equal chance of a black man and a white man killing someone. Because racism exists in both cases. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. How can you handicap something like that in the first place?

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

and all this shit about Dr. King, this has nothing to do with the current argument. I'm not talking about black or white supremacy, the civil right movement, or any of that shit, not to mention your completely, COMPLETELY, wrong about the black panthers, you've obviously never learned enough about them to make a correct statement.

Really? I'm wrong about the Black Panthers being horrible?

From the beginning the Black Panther Party's focus on militancy came with a reputation for violence. They often took advantage of a California law which permitted carrying a loaded rifle or shotgun as long as it was publicly displayed and pointed at no one [32]. Carrying weapons openly and making threats against police officers, for example, chants like "The Revolution has co-ome, it's time to pick up the gu-un. Off the pigs!",[33] helped created the Panthers' reputation as a violent organization. The greater part of the reputation was earned in particular incidents such as the following.

In October of 1967, Oakland police officer John Frey was shot to death in an altercation with Newton during a traffic stop. In the stop, Newton and backup officer Herbert Heanes also suffered gunshot wounds. For three years after that, Newton was imprisoned when convicted of involuntary manslaughter at trial.

On April 6, 1968, Panther Bobby Hutton, who held the title Minister of Defense, was killed, and Cleaver was wounded. Both the Oakland police and the Black Panther Party have called the event an ambush by the other group. Two policemen were shot in the incident

From the fall of 1967 through the end of 1969, nine police officers were killed and 56 were wounded in confrontations with the Panthers. The confrontations were believed to have resulted in ten Panther deaths and an unknown number of injuries. In 1969 alone, 348 Panthers were arrested for a variety of crimes

When Betty Van Patter was murdered in 1974, David Horowitz became certain that Black Panther members were responsible. The incident led Horowitz to denounce the Panthers. When Huey Newton was shot to death fifteen years later, Horowitz characterized Newton as a killer.[39] When a former colleague at Ramparts alleged that Horowitz himself was responsible for the death of van Patter by recommending her for the position of BP accountant, Horowitz counter-alleged that "the Panthers had killed more than a dozen people in the course of conducting extortion, prostitution and drug rackets in the Oakland ghetto". He said further that the organization was committed "to doctrines that are false and to causes that are demonstrably wrongheaded and even evil."

You don't classify that as horrible? Okay. Then neither are the KKK.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

and that last statement, Your right, I'm not afraid of Edwards getting killed by the rolling 20's blood gang either, I am however afraid of Obama getting shot by a KKK orginazation that involves itself in politics.

You're an insanely racially bias person, you know that? You don't fear for a white man's life from black men, but you do fear for a black man's life from a white man. I never said that if someone was killed in politics by a black man or group they'd be involved in a gang. All I said is that there are equally crazy racists out there. But you don't worry about the white man dying. Just the black man. And it'd be by whites.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

and the King statement was Ignorant too, you assume my parents and grandparents followed king simply because he was the figure head of the movement. Fact is none of my family followed King, I honestly think his form of protest was bullshit, I'll never let someone beat me, spit on me, and put dogs on me, and just say I love you in return.

...Wow...

So this man fought for your rights as an American.. this man fought for you to be able to sit in the same god damn restaurant as anyone else.. this man fought for you to not be treated as a whipping post or a piece of shit, but as a person of equal rights and equal liberties as the white man who stands next to you and all you have to say is that his form of protest is bullshit? So what did you want him to do? Be like the Black Panthers and shoot someone as soon as they said something negative about you?

Martin Luther King Jr. is the reason you're able to walk down the street without being spit on or beat ruthlessly. Dr. King is the reason that you even have a chance in this country. Dr. King fought for everyone to be on the same level without resorting to the sickening violence that did nothing but drag everyone down and you reduce the importance of what he did to "crap"? I follow Dr. King's teachings strictly and I'm a white kid. I believe in peace and equality and turning the other cheek without resorting to shooting, killing or hurting anyone.

The fact that you, as a half-black, half-white person, can reduce what Dr. King did into "bullshit," is absolutely sickening. You sit and denounce God because he "allowed" your people to be beat and turned into slaves, but you denounce Dr. King because he fought for the equality of your people. Nobody can win with you, can they? Grow up. Seriously. Grow up and learn a little about where you came from and why you're here, why you're even allowed to say what you want about whomever you want instead of treated like a 2nd rate citizen by every single person you come in contact with.

Realize that you can go to the same school as a white person. That you can get the same exact education, health care and have the same voting rights as anyone else. And then come back and try to tell me that Dr. King's form of protest was bullshit. You don't deserve what you have if you can't appreciate the things that Dr. King did for this country and your people.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." [/CENTER]

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

Stop making ignorant statements that can easily be pushed into an assumption and we won't have an issue. I see you do that a lot.

I don't care if you're 100% white. You seem to have this distorted perception that the only hateful people in this country are white. That just because these groups exist and you don't see any black groups like that, that white people are the insane ones and blacks are the level headed ones, when it's completely untrue. Every racial group has their fair share of nutjobs. Don't single one group out more than another. You're being just as racist as those who make malicious comments about your racial make up.

Really? America is already racist? That's why we're a few months away from potentially putting a black man up for the nomination and possibly even electing him president. Maybe you've experienced racism. Maybe you've been racially discriminated against. But this country has come extremely far from the days of old in terms of racial equality. I've met quite a few crazy black racists. I guess Louis Farrakhan and his supporters aren't dangerous towards whites.

And you know this how? Once again. This is no different than me saying "I never said a white man wouldn't kill John Edwards. I'm just saying there's more of a chance a black racist would pull the trigger." And I wouldn't say that. I understand that there's an equal chance of a black man and a white man killing someone. Because racism exists in both cases. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. How can you handicap something like that in the first place?

Really? I'm wrong about the Black Panthers being horrible?

You don't classify that as horrible? Okay. Then neither are the KKK.

You're an insanely racially bias person, you know that? You don't fear for a white man's life from black men, but you do fear for a black man's life from a white man. I never said that if someone was killed in politics by a black man or group they'd be involved in a gang. All I said is that there are equally crazy racists out there. But you don't worry about the white man dying. Just the black man. And it'd be by whites.

...Wow...

So this man fought for your rights as an American.. this man fought for you to be able to sit in the same god damn restaurant as anyone else.. this man fought for you to not be treated as a whipping post or a piece of shit, but as a person of equal rights and equal liberties as the white man who stands next to you and all you have to say is that his form of protest is bullshit? So what did you want him to do? Be like the Black Panthers and shoot someone as soon as they said something negative about you?

Martin Luther King Jr. is the reason you're able to walk down the street without being spit on or beat ruthlessly. Dr. King is the reason that you even have a chance in this country. Dr. King fought for everyone to be on the same level without resorting to the sickening violence that did nothing but drag everyone down and you reduce the importance of what he did to "crap"? I follow Dr. King's teachings strictly and I'm a white kid. I believe in peace and equality and turning the other cheek without resorting to shooting, killing or hurting anyone.

The fact that you, as a half-black, half-white person, can reduce what Dr. King did into "bullshit," is absolutely sickening. You sit and denounce God because he "allowed" your people to be beat and turned into slaves, but you denounce Dr. King because he fought for the equality of your people. Nobody can win with you, can they? Grow up. Seriously. Grow up and learn a little about where you came from and why you're here, why you're even allowed to say what you want about whomever you want instead of treated like a 2nd rate citizen by every single person you come in contact with.

Realize that you can go to the same school as a white person. That you can get the same exact education, health care and have the same voting rights as anyone else. And then come back and try to tell me that Dr. King's form of protest was bullshit. You don't deserve what you have if you can't appreciate the things that Dr. King did for this country and your people.

thats cute, You pulled a whole bunch of quotes on the panther subect without even stating why...

I could say the police of california were just as bad and get 200 Times more incidents to prove it the way you have.

I guess you didn't bother to find the causes for the accidents, not to mention you don't even know if the police report was false. in one of your quotes the BPP said they were ambushed, I guess you ignored this, (I'm not saying i know its true, but that doesn't mean it isn't.)

You really don't know shit about the BPP, A couple of incidents of police shootings, ESPECIALLY in the first case you pointed out, where the member was found innocent upon his appeal, and you decide the orginization was about hunting white officers down and killing them.

please, dont bother to fight about a subject you honestly dont know shit about, Wikipedia wont bring you that far.

And Again on the King issue,

I never, NEVER, Said I disrespected King and what he did. I said I think his form of protest was bullshit, I will never let someone hit me and just tell them I love them, never.

What King did was great, Everyone will allways remember, Everyone Will ALLWAYS respect him, I will allways respect him, but I will never, ever Agree to let someone beat me and just tell them I love them back, You would have to kill me honestly, you would have to fucking kill me.

and for you to take what I said and twist it in the way you did, Saying that I said what king did was bullshit, is just fucking stupid. I never said what king did was bullshit, you did. I said I think his form of protest was bullshit, "Kill Them With Kindness" I'll tell you what I'll kill you with if you beat me, its most certainly not hugs.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

thats cute, You pulled a whole bunch of quotes on the panther subect without even stating why...

I could say the police of california were just as bad and get 200 Times more incidents to prove it the way you have.

And I'd fucking back you up on it. TAKING ANOTHER PERSON'S LIFE IS NOT RIGHT. I DON'T CARE WHAT THE CAUSE IS. I DON'T CARE WHAT THE MEANS. IT IS WRONG. YOU DON'T FIGHT VIOLENCE WITH VIOLENCE. IT BREEDS MORE VIOLENCE.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

I guess you didn't bother to find the causes for the accidents, not to mention you don't even know if the police report was false. in one of your quotes the BPP said they were ambushed, I guess you ignored this, (I'm not saying i know its true, but that doesn't mean it isn't.)

Both sides claimed they were ambushed. Why should I believe one side over the other? That shows that there was an equal ambush on one another.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

You really don't know shit about the BPP, A couple of incidents of police shootings, ESPECIALLY in the first case you pointed out, where the member was found innocent upon his appeal, and you decide the orginization was about hunting white officers down and killing them.

Fine. You don't know shit about the KKK. You point out a couple of incidents of hangings and beatings, and you decide the organization was about hunting down blacks and killing them.

See how that works? It doesn't. The Black Panthers were violent. Regardless of what their purpose was, violence and war against another community or anyone is not the way to do things. The fact that they killed anyone. No killing is truly justified. And you're blowing of just "a couple of police shootings," but will turn anything the white people do into something 100x worse. Death is death. Murder is murder. Violence is violence. You can't just pull one or the other down below another. Don't you DARE try to tell me that anything the Black Panthers did justifies the killing of police officers.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

please, dont bother to fight about a subject you honestly dont know shit about, Wikipedia wont bring you that far.

Please don't bother to fight about a subject that you have an enormously large bias on. You only make yourself look out to be a racist.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

And Again on the King issue,

I never, NEVER, Said I disrespected King and what he did. I said I think his form of protest was bullshit, I will never let someone hit me and just tell them I love them, never.

Exactly. You are doing nothing less but degrading his cause by calling his form of protest bullshit. Where the hell do you think blacks would be today if they decided the best way to handle everything was to kill everyone who oppressed them? Dr. King understood that there's good in all people, no matter the evil that they displayed on the outside or the contempt they held in their heart. Why be the epitome of what you're protesting against? Why be the evil that you so deeply fight to strike down?

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

What King did was great, Everyone will allways remember, Everyone Will ALLWAYS respect him, I will allways respect him, but I will never, ever Agree to let someone beat me and just tell them I love them back, You would have to kill me honestly, you would have to fucking kill me.

And once again. You don't respect him. If you respected him, you wouldn't downgrade his protest to bullshit. Ever. I know many older black people and Hell, even some white people who would smack you right in the mouth for saying that. Dr. King became the most acclaimed African American in History by practicing his "bullshit" protest.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

and for you to take what I said and twist it in the way you did, Saying that I said what king did was bullshit, is just fucking stupid. I never said what king did was bullshit, you did. I said I think his form of protest was bullshit, "Kill Them With Kindness" I'll tell you what I'll kill you with if you beat me, its most certainly not hugs.

And you are exactly what is wrong with the world today, to be quite honest with you. You are in the same exact kind of mindset that people like Barack Obama are fighting against. You're in the same exact kind of mindset that people like Martin Luther King and those who influenced him fought to defeat. You're single handedly denouncing years and years of work by black civil rights leaders by saying that you'd kill someone who beat you. You said that Dr. King's form of protest was bullshit. A protest that spanned over a decade. A protest that allowed people like yourself to even walk down the street without being arrested just because you're in the wrong neighborhood. If you consider that protest bullshit and instead killed whoever beat you, then Martin Luther King would have died long before 1968 and you'd still be sitting in the back of the bus and jobless. The respect you have for Dr. King isn't even near the respect I have for him. Which is sad because I don't go through the types of things that many black men go through. It's really sad that you think the way you do.

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

[/b]Exactly. You are doing nothing less but degrading his cause by calling his form of protest bullshit. Where the hell do you think blacks would be today if they decided the best way to handle everything was to kill everyone who oppressed them? Dr. King understood that there's good in all people, no matter the evil that they displayed on the outside or the contempt they held in their heart. Why be the epitome of what you're protesting against? Why be the evil that you so deeply fight to strike down?

And once again. You don't respect him. If you respected him, you wouldn't downgrade his protest to bullshit. Ever. I know many older black people and Hell, even some white people who would smack you right in the mouth for saying that. Dr. King became the most acclaimed African American in History by practicing his "bullshit" protest.

And you are exactly what is wrong with the world today, to be quite honest with you. You are in the same exact kind of mindset that people like Barack Obama are fighting against. You're in the same exact kind of mindset that people like Martin Luther King and those who influenced him fought to defeat. You're single handedly denouncing years and years of work by black civil rights leaders by saying that you'd kill someone who beat you. You said that Dr. King's form of protest was bullshit. A protest that spanned over a decade. A protest that allowed people like yourself to even walk down the street without being arrested just because you're in the wrong neighborhood. If you consider that protest bullshit and instead killed whoever beat you, then Martin Luther King would have died long before 1968 and you'd still be sitting in the back of the bus and jobless. The respect you have for Dr. King isn't even near the respect I have for him. Which is sad because I don't go through the types of things that many black men go through. It's really sad that you think the way you do.

Wow bro, you really know how to get someone pissed off, I've never really wanted to just lay someone out over an internet debate, but your truly the first. I guess thats a good thing in the debating sense.

anyway, you respect king more then I do, ok, I have no problem with that, I never said you didn't

I respect his accomplishments during an allready changing time, I respect him as a man and a human being, but I dont respect his form of protest, i could care less if you give a flying fuck about it because you will never know, fact is you will never know, you've never had to fight whites because your skin color, you've never been jumped because you said the wrong thing. you've never found spit in your food when you go to a country restraunt, you've never been spit on because your black. you've never had to deal with the anamalistic and brutal things that I and other blacks have had too.

I make my opinion of of experience, you know when I was little, I took it, my mother told me to turn the other cheek, and you know what they did? they smacked that one a little harder,

eventually getting your ass kicked consistently helps you realize that killing them with kindness doesn't work, shit didn't stop untill i put my fist up. ironicly meeting violence with violence actually stoped the discrimination. and for all these people you point out who followed king, they don't, there are very few who truly follow King for what he taught, just look at the parade a couple years ago when the KKK decided to have their own march during the MLK march, what did the MLK supporters do? they started fighting..... so much for that.

I know what works, I know that telling someone I still love them doesn't work, I know that telling someone I will kill them if they touch me does work. If you think I'm wrong for that then you obviously must live in pleasentville.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

Wow bro, you really know how to get someone pissed off, I've never really wanted to just lay someone out over an internet debate, but your truly the first. I guess thats a good thing in the debating sense.

Those who get as angry as you do over something like this usually have a reason to be angry. Don't blame me for pointing out how unappreciative you are.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

I respect his accomplishments during an allready changing time, I respect him as a man and a human being, but I dont respect his form of protest, i could care less if you give a flying fuck about it because you will never know, fact is you will never know, you've never had to fight whites because your skin color, you've never been jumped because you said the wrong thing. you've never found spit in your food when you go to a country restraunt, you've never been spit on because your black. you've never had to deal with the anamalistic and brutal things that I and other blacks have had too.

Haha, you're right. I've never been assaulted because I'm black. I've never been spit on or insulted for being black. But I have been assaulted, more than once, for being white in the wrong neighborhood. I stayed in Downtown St. Louis for 2 weeks with my friend Eric. He was black. I was spending time with him before he moved to Illinois. This was in late 2006, mind you. Every day, I had to watch my back. More than once, I was told to get the fuck out of someone's apartment because I was white. I was refused the right to play on a basketball court with 5 black kids and when Eric stood up for me, not only did they beat the hell out of him, but me, too. Did I try to fight back? Yes. But do I feel any resentment towards anyone because of what has happened to me over and over? The times I've been chased off of basketball courts or the time I had the windows in my car busted out, and that night got a call saying "Hope you liked your car, cracker." But I still refuse to hold that against anyone. There's evil in everyone. I've never felt like taking someone's life because they beat me. 2 weeks ago, I hugged a black friend of mine who lost his grandma, even though 3 months ago, he was telling me that he better never see me on the street because he'd beat the fuck out of me.

Don't assume because you're biracial that you're the only one who's been assaulted or oppressed or gets insulted. I've been there. I've been beat. I've been told to stay away from certain places. Maybe not as bad as you. Maybe not to the extent you've been oppressed. But by God, I've been through my fair share of hurt, too.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

I make my opinion of of experience, you know when I was little, I took it, my mother told me to turn the other cheek, and you know what they did? they smacked that one a little harder,

And that's when you stare right back at them. You turn the other cheek. You never falter, you never lower your head. You don't just submit when they smack you harder. You stand up in the face of those who drag you down and never resort to the kind of things that they do to you. That's what I've done. That's what Dr. King did.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

eventually getting your ass kicked consistently helps you realize that killing them with kindness doesn't work, shit didn't stop untill i put my fist up. ironicly meeting violence with violence actually stoped the discrimination. and for all these people you point out who followed king, they don't, there are very few who truly follow King for what he taught, just look at the parade a couple years ago when the KKK decided to have their own march during the MLK march, what did the MLK supporters do? they started fighting..... so much for that.

Then they do not understand Dr. King's message. Hell, maybe very few do. But I do. And it'll always ring true for me. I've had my ass kicked consistently. Do I seem bitter or hateful toward blacks? Do I seem like I want to hurt anyone? I've been restricted to certain places and told that I'd end up a statistic if I went near other places. Does it hurt? Yes. Does it make me sad? Yeah, it does. But I'll never hate or wish to kill anyone for the things I've been through.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

I know what works, I know that telling someone I still love them doesn't work, I know that telling someone I will kill them if they touch me does work. If you think I'm wrong for that then you obviously must live in pleasentville.

I do think you're wrong for that. Very wrong for that. Because violence breeds violence. Senator Obama believes that. Dr. King believed that. I believe that. If that's what you think works, then please, do so. But you are contributing to the evil of the world by threatening death and putting your fists up instead of your arms out. You're completely redoing what Dr. King fought to do. What so many are fighting to do. Fight back, but not with your fists. Shoot back, but not with a gun. Stand your ground, but not with the intent to harm.

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

Those who get as angry as you do over something like this usually have a reason to be angry. Don't blame me for pointing out how unappreciative you are.

Haha, you're right. I've never been assaulted because I'm black. I've never been spit on or insulted for being black. But I have been assaulted, more than once, for being white in the wrong neighborhood. I stayed in Downtown St. Louis for 2 weeks with my friend Eric. He was black. I was spending time with him before he moved to Illinois. This was in late 2006, mind you. Every day, I had to watch my back. More than once, I was told to get the fuck out of someone's apartment because I was white. I was refused the right to play on a basketball court with 5 black kids and when Eric stood up for me, not only did they beat the hell out of him, but me, too. Did I try to fight back? Yes. But do I feel any resentment towards anyone because of what has happened to me over and over? The times I've been chased off of basketball courts or the time I had the windows in my car busted out, and that night got a call saying "Hope you liked your car, cracker." But I still refuse to hold that against anyone. There's evil in everyone. I've never felt like taking someone's life because they beat me. 2 weeks ago, I hugged a black friend of mine who lost his grandma, even though 3 months ago, he was telling me that he better never see me on the street because he'd beat the fuck out of me.

Don't assume because you're biracial that you're the only one who's been assaulted or oppressed or gets insulted. I've been there. I've been beat. I've been told to stay away from certain places. Maybe not as bad as you. Maybe not to the extent you've been oppressed. But by God, I've been through my fair share of hurt, too.

And that's when you stare right back at them. You turn the other cheek. You never falter, you never lower your head. You don't just submit when they smack you harder. You stand up in the face of those who drag you down and never resort to the kind of things that they do to you. That's what I've done. That's what Dr. King did.

Then they do not understand Dr. King's message. Hell, maybe very few do. But I do. And it'll always ring true for me. I've had my ass kicked consistently. Do I seem bitter or hateful toward blacks? Do I seem like I want to hurt anyone? I've been restricted to certain places and told that I'd end up a statistic if I went near other places. Does it hurt? Yes. Does it make me sad? Yeah, it does. But I'll never hate or wish to kill anyone for the things I've been through.

I do think you're wrong for that. Very wrong for that. Because violence breeds violence. Senator Obama believes that. Dr. King believed that. I believe that. If that's what you think works, then please, do so. But you are contributing to the evil of the world by threatening death and putting your fists up instead of your arms out. You're completely redoing what Dr. King fought to do. What so many are fighting to do. Fight back, but not with your fists. Shoot back, but not with a gun. Stand your ground, but not with the intent to harm.

you still will never get it,

I've given up, hell, you win, there is no point in me sitting and writing for another 2 hours on a subject you can't understand when you haven't gone through it all your life.

I've been in to many fights for you to tell me that I should just show love.

If i would have shown love all my life man I wouldn't be here typing, the places I grew up when I was young, they would have chewed me up, whether they were white or black. remember your talking to a mixed kid here.

don't think I'm against fighting a black kid who decides to call me cracker or honkey, white bread or redneck, or even the popular saltine playa. I know people will think with this 8 day debate that I am all pro black, but I don't align with anyone. I know I've come off as a pro black movement person because of my view of violence.

you know I don't disagree with you, killing them with kindness would be really nice if it actually worked, I've had to many experiences where it failed for me to follow it full steam like you. Violence has been the only thing that has worked for me, and every family member and friend I have. My own father got me started with the whole BPP movement, he was a member of the BPP, funny huh? I know you may think its impossible for a member of the BPP to be ok with whites, but he did marry a white woman.

I would believe you, I would follow MLK, hell I might even preach it if I felt it worked, But today... no, never, And I can't see myself back then taking it either. Maybe your just the bigger man and you have no problem taking shit. but I can't take bullshit, I took it too damn long, loving people doesn't work, explaining and trying to be reasonable doesn't work, in tight situations the only thing that has worked were my fist, thats how I and others before me have survived.

Its funny, I said I wasn't going to write another book but I appearently lied.

anyways, I'm not going to see it like you do, I will allways fight back, and thats just the difference.

anyway, its late as hell and I should really get to bed, this is stressing me out enough allready.

ha, I'm sure I'll see your post tomorrow though. Later.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

you still will never get it,

So you're the only one who's issues in life matter? Your oppression is the only one that matters? I'll never get it. Great. So my oppression being white isn't anything, but your oppression being mixed is everything.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

I've given up, hell, you win, there is no point in me sitting and writing for another 2 hours on a subject you can't understand when you haven't gone through it all your life.

Despite the fact that I've been constantly assaulted, beat, spit on and treated like shit in general for being white. I haven't gone through it.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

I've been in to many fights for you to tell me that I should just show love.

Good for you. Keep fighting. Make your reputation as a violent person. See how far it gets you later in life.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

If i would have shown love all my life man I wouldn't be here typing, the places I grew up when I was young, they would have chewed me up, whether they were white or black. remember your talking to a mixed kid here.

I know you're a mixed kid. You've said it before. You think you're the only person who has gone through the ghettos and the slums? The only kid who felt like he couldn't live in the same city as everyone else and survive? Oppression is oppression. You feel it, race, color or creed. You know when you're being oppressed. You've been through it heavily. I've been through it. I used to be violent and it got me nowhere. I used to show people my discontent by swinging my fists and screaming. In the past 2 or 3 years, I've completely changed my ways and I've seen nothing but good come from it. I've spoke in front of a hundred+ people in Regional debates and been applauded for my efforts to be peaceful while the people across from me promoted support for a failing war, segregation between economic classes and all out opposition to immigrants and the promotion of violence. Violence solves nothing permanently. Nothing. You may threaten people with violence to try and cull the oppression, but one day you will threaten the wrong person and you'll learn that it's not the right idea.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

don't think I'm against fighting a black kid who decides to call me cracker or honkey, white bread or redneck, or even the popular saltine playa. I know people will think with this 8 day debate that I am all pro black, but I don't align with anyone. I know I've come off as a pro black movement person because of my view of violence.

I don't think you should be for fighting anyone who calls you names. I don't think you should be for fighting anyone. Why turn yourself into the same thing you hate? Someone who tries to make you feel less of a person for what you believe in and who you are. No matter how much the person assaulting you, verbally or physically, may deserve the violence you inflict upon them, it's not the right way to go. In most situations.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

you know I don't disagree with you, killing them with kindness would be really nice if it actually worked, I've had to many experiences where it failed for me to follow it full steam like you. Violence has been the only thing that has worked for me, and every family member and friend I have. My own father got me started with the whole BPP movement, he was a member of the BPP, funny huh? I know you may think its impossible for a member of the BPP to be ok with whites, but he did marry a white woman.

Then your father was a unique man. And I applaud him for his choice to put love before color. But I don't support the fact that you've been taught that violence is the answer. Killing them with kindness has worked for Senator Obama. It worked for Dr. King. Maybe it won't work for you, but violence is not the answer regardless. I never said that BPP can't be okay with whites. I said that their violence pegged them down as a hate group instead of a non segregation group.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

I would believe you, I would follow MLK, hell I might even preach it if I felt it worked, But today... no, never, And I can't see myself back then taking it either. Maybe your just the bigger man and you have no problem taking shit. but I can't take bullshit, I took it too damn long, loving people doesn't work, explaining and trying to be reasonable doesn't work, in tight situations the only thing that has worked were my fist, thats how I and others before me have survived.

Never say something doesn't work. I don't consider myself a bigger man than you or anyone in this world. But I do think that there's other alternatives to putting your fists up and shutting your mouth and heart off to those who oppress you. If you choose to resort to violence, that's something you have to deal with. But peace will always outshine violence in the end, my friend. Always.

ReAlItY SuCkS wrote:

Its funny, I said I wasn't going to write another book but I appearently lied.

anyways, I'm not going to see it like you do, I will allways fight back, and thats just the difference.

anyway, its late as hell and I should really get to bed, this is stressing me out enough allready.

ha, I'm sure I'll see your post tomorrow though. Later.

I think it's admirable that you've debated with me as long as you have about a very important issue. Don't let it stress you out. Let it build you up. Take what you've heard from me and what you strongly believe in and apply it. You don't seem like a bad person. You seem like your heart is in the right place. But we can't all be perfect or non-violent. We've all been through things that make us who we are. I apologize for seemingly forcing my opinion on you, but it really makes me conflicted when I see someone who believes in violence more than they do peace and love. I hope you understand that.

FutureNavyMan08 wrote:

Obama would get his rear end handed to him. A) He's a liberal B) He has no experience.

I'd sooner flee to Sweden then have Obama or Hilary as president.

You do realize that Sweden has Universal Health Care, strict gun control laws, abortion is 100% legal, including on request, have not taken any part in the war in Iraq and are a few steps away from allowing gay marriage, right?

In other words, they're what this country should aspire to be. You think Obama is going to lose because he's a "liberal"? The number of people who identify themselves as a democrat has hit a 4 year high and is still rising. The democratic party is given a 60% chance of winning the election and Obama is given a 6 point advantage over McCain. The War in Iraq is as unpopular as it has ever been and more people than ever are saying experience is crap and is irrelevant if someone can actually improve our country, experienced or not.

You don't have a clue, do you?

TheFunkyBunch wrote:

You do realize that Sweden has Universal Health Care, strict gun control laws, abortion is 100% legal, including on request, have not taken any part in the war in Iraq and are a few steps away from allowing gay marriage, right?

In other words, they're what this country should aspire to be. You think Obama is going to lose because he's a "liberal"? The number of people who identify themselves as a democrat has hit a 4 year high and is still rising. The democratic party is given a 60% chance of winning the election and Obama is given a 6 point advantage over McCain. The War in Iraq is as unpopular as it has ever been and more people than ever are saying experience is crap and is irrelevant if someone can actually improve our country, experienced or not.

You don't have a clue, do you?

<POST CONTENT REMOVED BY STAFF FOR CONTAINING ABUSIVE REMARKS AGAINST A MEMBER>

You realize that despite being in control of the DEMOCRATS, our congress has accomplished little to nothing in their current term. Their approval rating is at an all-time low, worse even than Bushs (at my last check). Obama is a wannabe political candidate. He and Hilary are doing to good of a job destroying one another- the democrats are being torn apart. End result? Some leave and support a third party candidate, OR go for a more neutral person. Hence, John Mc.Cain. Universal Healthcare is a crock, and anyone who denies that has problems. A couple states have tried it; all have given up when funds run out. England is suffering from it, as customers on public health care wait months even to see a dentist. The problem glares at you, but is ignored.

Who has no clue?

But remember, we need CHANGE. We have to CHANGE. Beats the heck out of us what we want to CHANGE, but we need CHANGE.
      It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sasha Vassily ().

I can't believe people would vote for McCain.

"I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated." -McCain

Are you KIDDING me??! And people want this guy to be our president. Someone who doesn't know about ECONOMICS.

Source:
      The Wall Street Journal Online - Featured Article
      You can call me Sarah.

im not american but we are studying politics currently and honestly i would either say Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama but Clinton's chance of winning may be slim because of her husband Bill. So Barack Obama is more likely to win.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Courage is when you stand up for what's right, even if means being an outcast! [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=3]=============[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Sazzy X wrote:

I can't believe people would vote for McCain.

"I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated." -McCain

Are you KIDDING me??! And people want this guy to be our president. Someone who doesn't know about ECONOMICS.

Source:
      The Wall Street Journal Online - Featured Article

OH MY GOD!!! McCain admitted that he has weak points? Well, fuck, he totally shouldn't be president because he has a lesser knowledge of economics than he does military and foreign policy issues.
      i don't sleep