my mum

• well ill start of by saying hey! im new but i got a problem!

i lived in australia until i was 7 because my mum is australian but my dad is american. They split up when i was 6 and then i lived with my mum but she swould just bring back different guys and my dad wasnt very happy about them being around me;

So we moved to the UK and everthing was fine until i was about 11. Then my dad got told me he was going to run the NY office of his company and he put me into boarding school. He would come back at everyholiday to see me and then when i was 12 he brought another woman back. I felt as if is i was alone coz she has basically taken my place and thats when it all changed.

i would have to stay with friends in the hols because he would be "working" Then im 15 now and last year i had a big accident but i wont go into that. At the october holiday my dad came over alone which i thought was really unusual and he came the weekend before i broke up which was even wierder. He got permission to take me out of class and we went outside and he handed me a letter. I read it and he could obz tell i was upset and he had already read it. it was a letter from my mum saying she no longer wanted contact with me and if i tried to contact there would be no way of doing so. Im sure my dad put her up to it because he never approved of her and he wants his gf katy to act as a mom to me.

But the thing is ive never really let myself grow close to her coz she isnt my mum and will NEVER replace her like people want to think. Anyways i broke up for christmas hoidays and the day before i left i got a letter saying go home on the london coach and you can stay in the apartment with a mate. I got there and there was a letter saying i was to go to NY on the 22nd so i could spend christmas with them. I dont want to go and i told katy yesterday im happy where i am with friends and she started saying well dont you care about your dad i was like no not after what he did. Then she was like DONT EVER SAY THAT AGAIN hes your father and i was like and yeahh does he act like one. NO. And i just came to hugeee blows with her but i want my reall mum back:confused::(:(:(:( sorry just need to talk to someone
    • hm.. well i think that your Dad and other people have no right for them to think you should let Katy act as your mum... even if he doesnt approve of your mum she is still your mum afterall..it sounds like they are putting themselves first... making you move around alot.. and i just think that they should act more responsible and stop moving you around all the time going from your mum to your dad... it doesnt seem to really help.
      I dont understand how your dad could have put your mum up to writting a letter saying to not make anymore contact for like ffs :S it sounds like theres alot of letters being sent but maybe you should talk altogether.. even though your mum says she didnt want contact.. it would be the least she could do... maybe talkin altogether an listening to whatyou have to say could make them realise how our feeling?
      i have a stepmum but i dont live with her and ever since she has come along my dad has changed completely.. i've never lived with him but used to see him every weekend.. his gf came along got pregnant and i saw him from one weekend and one sunday.. to every other weekend.. to once a month and now i dont see him at all.. he doesnt seem too bothered as he has his own new family now so..
      But i rekon that if your mum still doesnt want to have contact with you, you should still try to talk with just your mum and dad there. maybe try getting your dad to arrange it? and maybe they would realise how your feelin bcoz u obv need to talk to someone..
      i dunno if i got the right idea or if you have already done this but its just an idea..
      i hope it gets better soon it sounds like its been a long ongoing thing =[
      x