Why are men threatened by an Independent, educated woman???

• Why are men threatened by an Independent, educated woman???

Do they just feel "inferior?" Why is it, when a woman is educated, self-sufficient, knows what she wants, and what she will tolerate (and NOT tolerate) in a relationship...why do they equate this with 'Feminisim??' I love being a girly-girl...but I can also run with the "big dogs" when I have to...why is this such a threat to men??
    • Re: Why are men threatened by an Independent, educated woman???

There have been lots of threads about this. In your specific case it could be the chip on your shoulder, and the way you talk about men, or the way you feel about them which shows through. Being on guard against a MCP archetype colors one's outlook, and appearance to others. Some men will be uncomfortable around a woman they feel is smarter than them, but it's not about feeling threatened, usually it's just that the woman is unpleasant. She could test the theory by making an effort to be kind and friendly, which men tend to react to well. Girded for battle, quick to judge, seeing "pigs" in every shadow at every opportunity, she will not win admiration. The intelligent, educated, independent, etc. women who like men and treat them with respect, easily find a mate, for they offer qualities and love very much in demand.

Do we really feel threatened by independent girls? Independent girls are also intelligent and I kind of like them better than airheads or bimbos. Hannah's got some point, some "independent" and "educated" ladies have antagonistic attitude towards men, which is a bit of a turn-off. We are after girls, not some half-baked variant of somebody's masculine ideals.

I think that in most cases the reason guys are threatened by girls like us is they have control issues. If you are independent and intelligent than you will not need to depend on them for anything and most guys like to feel like they are needed. Being self-sufficient makes them feel useless and possibly even dependent on you.

wait theres nothing to be threatened of, i think its great that a woman can build her own life without anyones help, that shows that she is tought and that she can take care of her. think about it, its a really good thing, and most people could think of it as hot or really apreciable
      [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"][RIGHT]everyone laughs at me like if i give a fuck what they think...
      [/SIZE][/RIGHT][/FONT]

Wow, before I opened this I was preparing something exactly like what Hannah said. Guys don't like women who are feminists, all feminists complain about men all the time. That is the biggest turn off in the world. Do not act like you are better than men. And ignore the ones who think they are better. By saying "Why are men threatened by an independant educated woman" you are placing men in a category. Now I am going to say " All feminists are lesbians". How do you feel about that? That is why men do not like YOU.