Is being technologically dependent a good thing?

• Is being technologically dependent a good thing?

Just because we have Velcro, doesn't mean we shouldn't learn to tie our shoes.

I think we may have become too dependent on technology in some domains (such as communications). Everyone should know the basics of survival skills because we have become so alarmingly dependent on technology that if there ever was a disaster, at least we'd have a small chance. If Earth suffered a solar storm from the sun, for example, we'd lose our satellites. And with that, communications, computers and phones would pack up and our internet and electricity would be useless. So how would we cope?

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • There used to be this program on tv called "Revolution(i think)" where everything technological just stopped, it shows what life would be like without power it was a really interesting show.

6/5/16 - The date i became permanently in love :lovey:
    • Everyone should learn at least basic survival skills. From camping to lighting fires, to conserving water, how to use a trap to kill animals to eat, how to skin them. How to erect a tent using basic materials. Even an ex-army parachute can be used as a makeshift tent in emergency when hauled up a branch and secured. They're easily bought from army surplus shops.

Scientists would have warned governments at least a week in advance (I am informed) and from there, civil police, emergency services, power stations and internet service providers to make preparations and precautions. But every owner of quartz watches or anything eletronic would lose them unless switched off. Or, maybe not? The potential damage is incalculable. One of these magnetic strorms could ruin everything electronic costsing billions. It's certainly something we should be made aware of.

Like when is the next solar storm expected? What year? What will its expected strength be? Yes, we have become utterly dependent on technology. It's because people are
      addicted to it.

Juest think, your cell phone would be useless.

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.