Mixed messages

• Mixed messages

Hi, atm I am super confused, about a boy. I'll call him Liam. So Liam is the kid in our school that people don't like, and my friend (I'll call her Jemima) and I became his friend, because we felt bad. Liam is really smart too, just to add, really smart, probably the smartest in our year, he is really good at interpreting situations and understanding people, he can pretty much manipulate anyone. So Liam is really funny to talk to so we became his friend, but I have NEVER thought of his romantically. So today I had a detention and he did too and he told me he was going to a movie with Jemima, and I started winking at him, as if to imply 'have fun on your date.' Then I asked if he liked Jemima and he said yes. He kept asking and saying that I was jealous, which I didn't really pay attention to at first but then later on I did. He told me that I couldn't tell anyone, and I started pretending to tell the guys next to us, I'll call them Jensen and Fred. Jensen wanted me to tell him at first, and Fred didn't care. (Also I know Jensen and Fred well, they are in all my classes). But then halfway through they stated saying they knew it was Jemima. Anyway Liam leaves and I stay back with Fred and Jensen. And they say to me 'You know what just happened don't you' and I said 'What?' and they said, he's trying to make you jealous. Then they said how obvious it was since Jemima is my best friend and that would make me jealous, and how he's always trying to get my attention. I said that he tries to get Jemima's attention too, and they said how he tries to get mine so much more. So then I started to think about it and he does, but he is mean to me to get a reaction. Today we had one more period after class and I noticed it. He kept calling my name repeatedly and then the teacher made some joke about fat people and ugly people and he compared it to me. And I'm not bragging but I am not fat or ugly. Anyway, super confused. This isn't really a question, just any thoughts I would appreciate.