Abscess problem

• Abscess problem

Hi all, what should be done to remove an abscess in a molar (in the back teeth area)? Some people said me to do a root canal and some are saying that root canal is a risky process as it goes wrong sometimes. One of my friends has done her root canal 3 months before from a dental clinic in Toronto ( http://www.emergency-dental-365.com/ ) and it was fine. She suggested me to do from the same centre. So in what cases will the surgery go wrong? Do any of you aware about this? Can anyone explain me in detail?
    • Sure.. a root canal.. the tooth has basically died inside and is rotting. The dentist drills out the dead part... and leaves the hard tooth shell. Because the roots are no longer alive the tooth will grow week and fall out.. to hold it in place the dentist places screws through the old roots into the jaw bone to hold the tooth in place.. then because the dead tooth will grow weak over time and also because now the tooth has a huge hole in top where the dentist did the drilling the dentist places a cap over the root canal tooth. This is all a fairly expensive process... what could go wrong.. normally there is a waiting time with a temporary cap.. the dentist may not get all the tissue out the first time.. causing more absess.. there may be other issues.. to save money I've know people to just have the bad tooth pulled.. I recommend the root canal.. in the very unlikely event there is a problem.. the problem should be easy to fix. Dont be missing a tooth...!
    • Renalynn89 wrote:

Sure.. a root canal.. the tooth has basically died inside and is rotting. The dentist drills out the dead part... and leaves the hard tooth shell. Because the roots are no longer alive the tooth will grow week and fall out.. to hold it in place the dentist places screws through the old roots into the jaw bone to hold the tooth in place.. then because the dead tooth will grow weak over time and also because now the tooth has a huge hole in top where the dentist did the drilling the dentist places a cap over the root canal tooth. This is all a fairly expensive process... what could go wrong.. normally there is a waiting time with a temporary cap.. the dentist may not get all the tissue out the first time.. causing more absess.. there may be other issues.. to save money I've know people to just have the bad tooth pulled.. I recommend the root canal.. in the very unlikely event there is a problem.. the problem should be easy to fix. Dont be missing a tooth...!

I appreciate you taking the time to write out a response that accurately describes the process of the root canal, but unfortunately I'm like 99% sure this post is just an advertisement for this clinic in Toronto so you probably wasted your time ;( There have been numerous accounts subtly advertising various health clinics in Toronto and the surrounding area recently for some reason (I'm the only active member from Toronto so maybe they're trying to tell me I need to improve my hygiene :D )