Is my penis to big or small for a 13 year old?

• surveyteens wrote:

Lying about penis size is so natural !
    but some people get so obsessed and self conscious about their size compared to others because to them everyone who's 13 has a 8 inch penis and they don't know what to believe they're just 13 so a lot of them believe it and it ends up making them think they have a small dick all the time which brings down their confidence so much and even their willingness to talk about this stuff with their close friends
  • surveyteens wrote:

According to my own survey (The Ultimate Survey posted from 2015 to 2018), the average penis size is as follows:

13 yo : 5.3
    14 yo : 5.8
    15 yo : 6.1
    16 yo : 6.3
    17 yo : 6.4

3.351 answers
    How did you do that survey? Ask people or actually measure them?
    curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
  • justcuriouslol is right. I didn't even look at the numbers. They are far off of every study.
    Furthermore: Any size before you are fully grown can't be compared, because some are late bloomers and some are early bloomers, and most are anywhere between that.
    curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
  • Benni90er wrote:

surveyteens wrote:

According to my own survey (The Ultimate Survey posted from 2015 to 2018), the average penis size is as follows:

3.351 answers
    I displayed a long survey on Teenhut and other forums for teens and gathered the answers.
  • surveyteens wrote:

Benni90er wrote:

surveyteens wrote:

3.351 answers
    I displayed a long survey on Teenhut and other forums for teens and gathered the answers.
    Sorry, but self answered measurements can't be trusted. Here is a link to a site where many studies about penis sizes are listed. They are measured by neutral persons, always with the same method.
    calcsd.netlify.com/study4
    That's the most accurate you get at the moment, if you don't do a bigger study with standardized and controlled test groups.
  • surveyteens wrote:

I fully disagree with you. All these surveys are biaised.
    They likely are not perfect, but from what I read on the links on that page, they try to use 'standard' measuring processes that can be reproduced and compared. That page also says they excluded every survey based on self-reported sizes, because ofc those are very unreliable.

What your survey is measuring isn't "what's the average size?", But rather "What do teens think a good size should be". You just cannot blindly believe what people are saying. Even if they are honest, there's no way to tell they properly measured themselves.

I'm wondering if you've tried to make a graph out of your survey results (like comparing, for each age, the reported size against the number of people, frequency if you prefer). Normally it could very fast give clues if people cheated or not.
  • dolphinsword wrote:

surveyteens wrote:

I fully disagree with you. All these surveys are biaised.
    They likely are not perfect, but from what I read on the links on that page, they try to use 'standard' measuring processes that can be reproduced and compared. That page also says they excluded every survey based on self-reported sizes, because ofc those are very unreliable.
    What your survey is measuring isn't "what's the average size?", But rather "What do teens think a good size should be". You just cannot blindly believe what people are saying. Even if they are honest, there's no way to tell they properly measured themselves.

I'm wondering if you've tried to make a graph out of your survey results (like comparing, for each age, the reported size against the number of people, frequency if you prefer). Normally it could very fast give clues if people cheated or not.
    Hi. I appreciate the quality of your answer. Thanks. I post below and extract of the first chapter of my published-to-be essay:

Although new ad hoc surveys and questionnaires are posted daily on the Internet, often conceived by adolescents themselves, no research has yet been published on the sexuality of young boys and girls based on this medium. It thus seemed quite pertinent to use this modern tool to investigate a facet of adolescent life largely ignored: their sexuality. This novel mode of investigation is complementary to classical research methods, presenting its share of pitfalls yet proving advantageous in several ways.

The following are some of the advantages of a cyber investigation:

• Internet is a neutral, convivial, modern, dynamic space in which young people generally feel at ease. They can generally express themselves freely, without recourse to an intermediary. Their anonymity with regards to parents or friends is certainly better preserved than with traditional investigative methods, usually by phone, in schools or under parental supervision.
    • Browsing the internet one can access the millions of testimonial pieces, questions and observations posted by teenagers on their favorite sites, chat forums or blogs. No other method provides such a vast and accessible field of research.
    • The reader will easily be able to verify the authenticity of the hundreds of internet quotations reproduced in this work and obtain the complementary information he/she desires.
    • When a questionnaire is submitted to a cybernaut, traditional printed documents are either replaced by electronic versions or forms to be filled out on line, the answers to which are instantaneously processed by computer. The interviewees can thus immediately compare their answers to others. They also have as much time as they like to contemplate, correct, and answer the questions or not.
  • What you are quoting doesn't address the fundamental flaws in the method of data gathering, that are:

- It is impossible to control the quality or authenticity of the data provided, since it is anonymously self-reported.

- It is impossible to ensure that results can be compared to other research studies, because the measurement method is not controlled.

- It focuses only on a specific range of people (english speakers, with access to Internet, subscribed to forums, willing to answer , so on.).

So I maintain what I'm saying: with that method of collecting information, you get at best an estimate of what people think their size is (or should be). Merely stating that Internet allows fast, easy, automated, anonymous data collection and handling (this is a rough summary of your quote) changes nothing to that.
  • I don't agree with you. One thing is certain: the most rigorous method to know the size of the penis is to ask the boys to undress in front of you, penis erect. You will go to jail immediately!
    There are two solutions left:
    1. They are interviewed by telephone or through their school, with the compulsory authorization of their parents
    2. We note what they write in a teenage forum, while maintaining their anonymity.

But I agree with you when you write that It focuses only on a specific range of people (english speakers, with access to Internet, subscribed to forums, willing to answer , so on.).
  • 1. If you are too old ( rules depends on the law i the country you are in ) you go to jail for asking a boy (who is underage) about his penis too.
    2. You still have absolutely NO validation that the answers are correct. An answer can even be wrong if they measured before a growth spurt. So they don't lie, but still don't tell the truth. This messes up the statistics completely.

But to be fair and come back to this specific topic: there is no use in getting an average for not fully developed boys erect/soft penis size. Because every guy develops differently. You can have a micropenis at the beginning of puberty (so compared to a average you would be worried) but by the end of your development, you have a totally fine size ( what ever that would mean ). I know boys like to know these numbers, but why would you tell them a number you can't validate? Just because it's "the best" you can get a big number of answers on?

You can use question surveys for certain things, sure. But why use it for stuff you can actually measure? I want to know the average height of a group of people, i would try to measure as many as i could to get a validated result with proof. Always try to ask: "Is there a way i can validate my results?" If yes: use that method instead.