Cry baby

• I have to admit that I am a cry baby ((( And what is worse is that it always happens in public. If someone says something to me or is mean or unfair, I often can't stop it and can't say anything to them and just start crying like baby ((( I hate my self for that, and people use to make fun of me for that (which doesn't help too as you can imagine).
      I am wondering if this has any thing to do with that I have not started puberty yet? Can I hope that when I finally hit it it will get better?

I know it all supposed to happen at different times but I am 15, and I look like a 12-year-old. I hate this ((( Can you guys tell me when it started for you? How much longer do I have to live in this hell? ;(
    • You might just be a sensitive person who is easily hurt and your body reacts by crying. Even though it's embarrassing, it's better that your emotions are released this way rather than some other way (such as having mental or psychological problems, especially in the future).

When someone hurts us (says mean things, makes fun of us, etc.), I suggest focusing on the person and ask him/her (either out loud or to yourself) what makes that person act that way. It's usually because;
      they have (or come from) a dysfunctional home life where they're probably verbally (and possibly physically) abused,
      they don't like themselves (poor self-esteem) and
      their unhappiness makes them lash out at other people, put other people down, etc.

When someone makes fun of me;
      I stay calm (knowing that they're probably in pain, psychologically and emotionally) and
      I immediately (so I don't have a chance to cry ;) ) ask them what kind of family life do they have, what kind of childhood did they have (if they're a grown-up).
      They usually respond with some more verbal abuse (because now they're scared because I've moved the focus back onto them and this makes them very uncomfortable) and
      I respond back to them, using what they said "towards" them. For example, if they say I'm ugly, I ask them do they think of themselves as ugly (because it's human nature that we accuse others of what we're guilty of ourselves, or think we're guilty of ;) ).
      I keep talking about them and that usually shuts them up. :)
    • Anton02 wrote:

I have to admit that I am a cry baby ((( And what is worse is that it always happens in public. If someone says something to me or is mean or unfair, I often can't stop it and can't say anything to them and just start crying like baby ((( I hate my self for that, and people use to make fun of me for that (which doesn't help too as you can imagine).
      I am wondering if this has any thing to do with that I have not started puberty yet? Can I hope that when I finally hit it it will get better?

I know it all supposed to happen at different times but I am 15, and I look like a 12-year-old. I hate this ((( Can you guys tell me when it started for you? How much longer do I have to live in this hell? ;(
      It's ok to cry. You are not a crybaby. Grownups cry too. It's ok.