Overprotective mom won't let me ride my bike further than the street

• Overprotective mom won't let me ride my bike further than the street

I want to hang out with my neighborhood friends, but my mom is too over-protective. She won't even let me leave the cul de sac, and my privileges would be taken away if I did.

I have a friend who lives next door, so I can play with him. But I just met some of his friends, and they do not live on the same street. I want to go to their street to see them, but I
      don't want my privileges to be taken away over it. Another thing is, my second closest friend, in distance, lives on THE VERY NEXT street, with a simple gravel trail
      connecting the roads.

I asked why my mom was over-protective, and she said that there are dangers, such as kidnappers or getting hit by a car. I understand her concerns, but if my friends / schoolmates walk or bike to school, why
      aren't they getting kidnapped or hurt? I'm pretty sure that my mom knows that when I cross a street or parking lot, I look both ways. I feel like I'm treated like a child, and I'm 11 and
      don't have a phone. My brother is almost 14, and he DOESN'T have a phone either.

I need to do something about this, or I'm going to end up with my friend across the street hanging out with my other friends, who don't have over-protective parents. Any help will be appreciated.