What it was like to fall in love with my best friend - PART FIVE

• What it was like to fall in love with my best friend - PART FIVE

Now, I am not normally the awkward type, but I was certainly not expecting this to happen. He called me and we talked for hours and hours on end. Until one of us, fell asleep. Usually it was always him first. At 3 am things got weird, and I was taking my makeup off and getting ready for bed. He couldn't stop smiling, and told me that I was always going to be the one he fell for regardless. Since the day we met we had always talked about wanting to live in Cali when we were old enough, and that was one of the very many things he promised me we would do. He brought it up, and told me how miserable he had been and wished he spent his life with me instead of Maddy. I was happy, and again, safe. We had no one to worry about anymore. It was gonna be us to eventually. After a week, he went MIA again. I thought it had been my fault, but just recently, he told me he just wanted a break from snapchat. Since then I have opened myself up to new boys, new experiences, and have been happier than ever. It is then that I finally understood the saying "learn from your mistakes". I have grown into such an incredibly independent individual, and have thought about my choices before making stupid decisions. Now, I am doing better, I have opened up to the right people, and have allowed myself to grow away from the past. Though Maddy still continues to hold a grudge and drop 14 years of friendship, I am well. Learn from your mistakes, do not regret, and do not give up. There are times where it feels like the only thing left to do is to end it all, but there are reasons behind every action. Certainly, this has made me become stronger. Oh, btw, Mike and I are good now too.

PLEASE READ FULL STORY TO UNDERSTAND.