Sized Condoms?

    • You could try this condom size chart to find a size that could fit you:
      i.imgur.com/S1NjqR7.png
      And if the size this chart suggest doesn't fit (because penises are all different) you get a good point to start testing sizes.
      Also the site myszie.com (or similar) has an app you can download, that displays a kind of ruler that tells you which of their sizes could fit you.
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • Benni90er wrote:

      You could try this condom size chart to find a size that could fit you:
      i.imgur.com/S1NjqR7.png
      And if the size this chart suggest doesn't fit (because penises are all different) you get a good point to start testing sizes.
      Also the site myszie.com (or similar) has an app you can download, that displays a kind of ruler that tells you which of their sizes could fit you.
      my friend said all condoms can fit penises of any length but girth is where condoms can be too tight? I just looked at the image and according to this I would be just outside the XL range which doesn't make much sense. I tried the my size ruler app and it says I'm between 60-64 which doesn't help because that's only specific to their special condoms. Is there a better one? Also I don't really wanna waste money buying different ones I would rather get it right on the first go.
    • Sorry man. I don't know why but the forum just showed me your answer. I will replay anyway in hope it's still helpful.

      Your friend is correct: the girth is the important part of condoms. Most condoms are long enough, even for long penises.
      It isn't strange to be XL or bigger. Maybe it's just to sell more condoms if the buyer reads they're XL. And the next problem is, different brands use different sizing - don't ask me why...
      What you can try to do is the following: measure the girth (circumference) of your penis on the widest part. Take half of that. This is a measurement some condoms brand use and it's the most accurate i think. It's possible you want to go a little tighter or more loose. But that depends on brand, condom style and your penis. So unfortunately you have to try different products to find your fit. I hope you are lucky and find the right size very fast.
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • Benni90er wrote:

      Sorry man. I don't know why but the forum just showed me your answer. I will replay anyway in hope it's still helpful.

      Your friend is correct: the girth is the important part of condoms. Most condoms are long enough, even for long penises.
      It isn't strange to be XL or bigger. Maybe it's just to sell more condoms if the buyer reads they're XL. And the next problem is, different brands use different sizing - don't ask me why...
      What you can try to do is the following: measure the girth (circumference) of your penis on the widest part. Take half of that. This is a measurement some condoms brand use and it's the most accurate i think. It's possible you want to go a little tighter or more loose. But that depends on brand, condom style and your penis. So unfortunately you have to try different products to find your fit. I hope you are lucky and find the right size very fast.
      I see on all condoms they have a 'nominal width' where normal Durex condoms and standard condoms are all like 53mm and larger ones are about 56mm-58mm and XL are above 60mm? However the average girth is approximately 4.6" which is about 11.7cm so half of that will get you around 58mm which is supposed to be a larger condom? This doesn't make much sense and I still have a lot of confusion over this. I would rather get better value and buy a 50 pack of the right fitting condom instead of 12 packs of different condoms and waste most of them.

      Is there any girth to nominal with conversion? Because if you assume your girth to be a perfect circumference of a circle then the nominal width should be the diameter which is girth/pi but the average penis would then have a nominal width of 37mm which again doesnt make sense. It's so strange that they provide nominal width as a sizing but do not tell you how to measure your own nominal width.

      There must be some calculator out there so if anyone can find it please send it through. About two weeks ago there was a small tear at the tip of the standard durex condom I was using and given that we were using water-based lube, I don't think it could be attributed to much other than a sizing issue. Also if anyone also has brand recommendations for comfort or performance please also mention, e.g. Condoms which are thinner and provide more stimulating sensation but also condom's which are thicker and make you last longer.

      Thank you
    • Like i said the manufacturers of condoms just write large on condoms for the average penis to sell more of their products because this way men feel better when they read they are large instead of medium or average, it's marketing.

      About the nominal width: for condoms its the widths when you press the condom together so it makes a straight line. So it's bigger than the diameter of the condom. It's actually just half of the circumference. The same way you measure the nominal width of your penis. Because you can't press your penis flat, you just divide it's circumference by 2. Then you choose a condom that's nominal width is slightly blow that.

      For example the average you gave: 11.7 cm circumference divided by 2 equals 58 mm. You would choose a condom with nominal width of 56 mm so it doesn't slide up.

      I get that you want a fixed answer, but i suggest: get a test pack with different sizes, test them, and when you found your size this way, order a 50 condom pack of that size.
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • Benni90er wrote:

      Like i said the manufacturers of condoms just write large on condoms for the average penis to sell more of their products because this way men feel better when they read they are large instead of medium or average, it's marketing.

      About the nominal width: for condoms its the widths when you press the condom together so it makes a straight line. So it's bigger than the diameter of the condom. It's actually just half of the circumference. The same way you measure the nominal width of your penis. Because you can't press your penis flat, you just divide it's circumference by 2. Then you choose a condom that's nominal width is slightly blow that.

      For example the average you gave: 11.7 cm circumference divided by 2 equals 58 mm. You would choose a condom with nominal width of 56 mm so it doesn't slide up.

      I get that you want a fixed answer, but i suggest: get a test pack with different sizes, test them, and when you found your size this way, order a 50 condom pack of that size.
      So i have a girth of 5.7", which is about 14.4cm, then my nominal width will be below 72mm?? I don't think they even sell above 60mm commerically, and my penis isn't some one off case more than 5-10 percent of men i assume would be around that girth range. Still a bit fishy dividing by two.
    • Well your penis is very thick (thicker than 98% of guys). So you would need really large condoms. I suggest 70 mm or 69 mm, so they don't slide down (or up) but aren't too tight. Unfortunately you only get this size online in many countries.
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • Benni90er wrote:

      Well your penis is very thick (thicker than 98% of guys). So you would need really large condoms. I suggest 70 mm or 69 mm, so they don't slide down (or up) but aren't too tight. Unfortunately you only get this size online in many countries.
      Out of the 8 guys i've compared with, 2 of them had similar girth as me, I really don't think its 98 percent. I'm sure that your method has some error in it because I really don't think I need a 70mm width condom if the largest they sell normally is 60mm.
    • I looked up statistics and entered your value to get the percentage. You compared to 10 guys... do i have to explain that the more samples you get the more accurate the study is?

      It's not "my method". It's the method, it's the way the size of the condoms is measured (at least in Europe or Germany). And therefore you measure the penis the same way. Also i just found a website that sells up to 69 mm (which would fit you i think). Open google, type in "condom 69 mm" and look if they ship to your location, if yes: order. Done :)

      I guess you see now, that the industry doesn't have condoms for every size. Extremely thick AND extremely thin penises will have problems finding condoms. Just like in any other industry as well. They try to please the average, but not the extremes (try to shop in the men's section as a shorter guy :D )
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • To be honest i have no idea how they measure it or how they calculate which condom would fit you best. What i told you is how i understood it. I don't know how much money you have. But is one package of different condoms sizes really that big of a deal if you consider you find the best fit that way? Because, i will just do that to be safe and not risk any broken condoms.
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • justcuriouslol wrote:

      I just found this website sizemeup.info/condom.html, it says i would be best suited for a 61mm nominal width condom, and the average 4.6 inch girth penis would be best suited for a 49mm? Do you know how they are calculating their nominal width?
      Yes that is correct. You're right when you say you don't think you need a 70mm nominal width when largest they sell is 60. I saw a post once on how to calculate nominal width, and instead of dividing the circumference by 2, they divided it by a number between 2.18-2.36, and the reason they did that was because that number took into account the elasticity of a normal condom. So if your girth is 144mm it'll be 144/2.36 = 61mm nominal width.
    • New

      I always wondered why someone cares about sizes of condoms.

      One of my school mates once pulled a low size condam over his head.
      So, at age of 13, I learned, that even those condoms will fit lager dick sizes.

      As for that, I never cared about the size that just fits a dick of certain sizes when buying condoms.
      From my expierences I can tell, every condom I used so far did its job very well.
    • New

      lliam wrote:

      I always wondered why someone cares about sizes of condoms.

      One of my school mates once pulled a low size condam over his head.
      So, at age of 13, I learned, that even those condoms will fit lager dick sizes.

      As for that, I never cared about the size that just fits a dick of certain sizes when buying condoms.
      From my expierences I can tell, every condom I used so far did its job very well.
      Even a small condom could stretch over a head, sure, but it certainly wouldn't feel comfortable stretched that much. Plus, just because it can stretch that big doesn't mean it could withstand rough usage in sex. The last thing you want is the condom ripping