Underage Sex

• In my country the age of consent is 14. No R&J laws. People under that age cannot be prosecuted, so two 13 years olds getting busy are pretty much fine. But a 14 years old having sex with a 13 years old is legally a rapist.
      I think the majority of the people start later than the age line, with 16 or little lower being the average (no data, just what I have heard). Yet I for sure know a girl (not my friend) that was chasing (and actually getting "lucky" with) middle aged men when she was like 12. She was purposefully changing her appearance to look older. Also a couple of years ago the police busted a group of 13-years old girls, purposefully seducing men to blackmail them after. I have mixed views on the age of consent. I very well understand why it exists and I don't think I would have been capable of giving true consent at let's say 13, on the other hand this is a way too personal thing for an universal line to be drawn for everyone. No matter where we put it it will be ever too late for some and too early for others.
    • Generally, the age of consent is 14 in Austria.
      This is also the age we are legally not considered completely minors any longer, but partially responsible for our own actions, especially concerning criminal offenses. At that age, we are also given full power over our own medical decisions.
      However, we tend to make things complicated and age of consent is no different. It still can be illegal until 16 if the older is of age and the younger not mentally mature. Or the adult has some sort of authority over the 14/15 year old. Though teachers etc. is illegal even after, I think.
      There is also a close in age exemption. If one is 13, the other must be 16 or under. And there are also rules on things other than intercourse from age 12, where the older has to be within 4 years of the age of the younger.
      And no, I didn't know the details myself, had to look them up :lol:
      However, I don't think it really matters a whole lot in practice. I doubt that 13 or 14 year olds would want to be with anyone much older, if they were already sexually active, which I don't think many are. Among me and my two best friends, not all of us have even kissed.
    • It is the same - at 14 you are not a minor anymore, but not exactly an adult either. They call it "non-adult" here. As for cases involving minors and non-adults - I am not aware of any legal exceptions in my country. What actually happens is that these who break the line consentually just don't talk about it so they remain under the radar. I know of such cases for sure, yet as much as my observations go people that start consentually under the age line are definitely a (very) small minority.
    • Pultost wrote:

Aspen wrote:

In Australia consent is at 16, but it seems to be a grey area if you’re both under 16 or one is 16 at the most
      It's pretty much the same here. I have yet to hear about someone between 16-17 going to jail for getting it on with someone under 16, although it depends on how much under 16 the other person is.
      Yeah I think that’s the same
      My first bf was 16 and I wasn’t quite 13 and no one really said anything against it in regards to age
    • Aspen wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Aspen wrote:

In Australia consent is at 16, but it seems to be a grey area if you’re both under 16 or one is 16 at the most
      It's pretty much the same here. I have yet to hear about someone between 16-17 going to jail for getting it on with someone under 16, although it depends on how much under 16 the other person is.
      Yeah I think that’s the sameMy first bf was 16 and I wasn’t quite 13 and no one really said anything against it in regards to age
      Quite a difference. That would most likely get the 16 year old in trouble over here.
      Keyboard not found. Press F1 for help.
    • Aspen wrote:

Yeah I think it might here as well but I think someone has to make a complaint about it and why would anyone?
      Probably didn’t hurt I was almost as tall as him / taller than most my age

my parents weren’t against me being with him, quite the opposite
      both my and my boyfriends parents know we're together, and they know we make out but i dont think they suspect we're doing more stuff, like experimenting
      :gay:
    • corey_stratton wrote:

Aspen wrote:

Yeah I think it might here as well but I think someone has to make a complaint about it and why would anyone?

both my and my boyfriends parents know we're together, and they know we make out but i dont think they suspect we're doing more stuff, like experimenting
      I guess they forgot what it was like being a teen?
      If he’s half as cute as you I don’t know how the two of you could control yourselves
    • Aspen wrote:

corey_stratton wrote:

Aspen wrote:

I guess they forgot what it was like being a teen?If he’s half as cute as you I don’t know how the two of you could control yourselves
      nah hes TWICE as cute as me, seriously
      :gay:
    • Murderous_bunny wrote:

It is the same - at 14 you are not a minor anymore, but not exactly an adult either. They call it "non-adult" here. As for cases involving minors and non-adults - I am not aware of any legal exceptions in my country. What actually happens is that these who break the line consentually just don't talk about it so they remain under the radar. I know of such cases for sure, yet as much as my observations go people that start consentually under the age line are definitely a (very) small minority.
      Here the age of consent is 15. I have started under this age line, consensually but with an older boy (16). I know friends did the same but as you say, we haven't talked about it too much to remain under the radar.