Pinned Am I normal?

• Am I normal?

A lot of girls have asked me, lately, are they normal. Because
    they don't feel horny,
    they don't masturbate,
    they don't have sex,
    they don't think about sex all the time. And they're concerned that maybe there is something "wrong" with them.
    They tell me they see so many people (including "girls") on the internet talk about sex all the time,
    they see people having sex so often in videos (movies, TV shows, music videos, etc.),
    they read so many novels where the characters don't even like each other but they still have sex with each other, etc.

A lot of fiction (whether it's a screenplay, a novel, etc.) is written by men (who sometimes pretend to be women) who want girls and women to think that "everyone does it" - in the hopes that it will encourage women and girls to be more sexually active.

Many "teenage girls" on the internet are neither teenagers nor girls but they also want to give the general impression that "everyone is doing it" - also in the hopes that real girls will become sexually active, either in person or at least online (and preferably with them).

As a teenager, especially, it's normal to be curious. It's normal to have questions. It's also normal to not be a sex-crazed individual. :lol: I, personally, don't know of any girl or woman who is (and I know a lot of people).

So if you are not obsessed with sex; having it and/or thinking about it, it's okay. You're okay. You're perfectly normal. :)