Crappy parents who wont pay me. PLEASE HELP!

• Crappy parents who wont pay me. PLEASE HELP!

So remember the time about the video game rule my stupid mom made up? Well she is one of the biggest cheapskates on earth. She is using that rule as a dumb old reward I don't even want. She is making me do hard chores for 5 minutes of video games a day and wont pay me anything. She is using my dad as a puppet to enforce the rules so then he has to act like he cares about the rules she made and I cant have him talk to her about it. So I am losing money off this because she is now not paying me and for anything. I'll bet that if this was not child abuse she would make me do all her choirs for bread crumbs. She is so cheap that I wonder if she went to jail in once in her life, or I bet she is drunk she acts like it and thinks the world revolves around her so these to assumptions are probably true one or the other anyway.
      Pulmonoscorpius
    • i didn't read your previous posts but doing chores isn't the end of the world.

what are you considering hard chores? i'm guessing they probably aren't as hard of chores as us country kids grow up with as just being a fact of life. our parents put food in our belly a roof over our head and clothes on our back when you cover those 3 expenses then you can decide that you need more pay
    • FKKGirl wrote:

Doing chores are just a thing. You're not required to get paid for them, but she's rewarding you at least so that seems good to me. Also pretty sure that chores and child labor aren't related at all. Child labor is about working I think.
      II am going to say the way she makes me do choirs is that she takes a basic right from me turns it into a privilege and makes me do these choirs for them in one day. Here is a list of my daily choirs, Do dishes, wash all both cars and large truck, clean gutters, trim ivy, vacuum house, dust, mop, organize house, feed cats, take out trash, clean toilet's, and worst of all organize Attic. If you think that last thing is not all that bad, wait till you hear what happened to me 50 doing it. Fell through the roof!!!!!! I fell through the Goddamn Fucking roof 50 times maybe even more because I was keeping track of how many times I fell but I was counting recently the other ones I did not keep track of so I fell 50 times but about 100 if I think deeply about it. So I come to the conclusion that my mom is as smart and has as much common sense as a brain washed zombie. Sounds pretty dumb huh? f you met her she would be known as Queen Numbskull the first. Fitting name for a lady who is no bigger then her head.
      Pulmonoscorpius
    • FKKGirl wrote:

What right dud she take away?

You do all that everyday? It seems like most of those would be done after one time or at most once a week.
      Sadly yes. My parents cars are covered in bird crap its like one day later my car is covered in bird crap better have (My name) wash the cars. I need to clean the gutters because my brother dumps his trash out the window daily and I end up having to clean up after him. Plus my parents are messy little pigs I think they go in the Attic every night and make a whole bunch of racket so I know they are setting up all this BS for me to clean up. So at least some of the stuff I do daily or once every 2 days. By taking out the trash I ment my family are big ass pigs and fill up a trash bag and have me take it out.
      Pulmonoscorpius
    • The screaming cat wrote:

So remember the time about the video game rule my stupid mom made up? Well she is one of the biggest cheapskates on earth. She is using that rule as a dumb old reward I don't even want. She is making me do hard chores for 5 minutes of video games a day and wont pay me anything. She is using my dad as a puppet to enforce the rules so then he has to act like he cares about the rules she made and I cant have him talk to her about it. So I am losing money off this because she is now not paying me and for anything. I'll bet that if this was not child abuse she would make me do all her choirs for bread crumbs. She is so cheap that I wonder if she went to jail in once in her life, or I bet she is drunk she acts like it and thinks the world revolves around her so these to assumptions are probably true one or the other anyway.
      First of all, no one should be paid to do chores, chores are something you should accept and they are simply being helpful. Demanding money and being paid is very spoiled of you. Secondly, you are complaining about how you are losing money from it, is that money that you have worked for? Is it really worth anything, or is it just your parents' money that they have given you? Thirdly, doing chores and being submitted to child abuse are too very different things. Chores are, as you set, taking out rubbish or cleaning the cars, whereas child abuse is continuous, non-stop hard labour, causing physical pain and total exhaustion, with no reward or break in between for the child.
      Drawing enthusiast. Gamer. Here to help.
    • AwkwardTeenager wrote:

The screaming cat wrote:

First of all, no one should be paid to do chores, chores are something you should accept and they are simply being helpful. Demanding money and being paid is very spoiled of you. Secondly, you are complaining about how you are losing money from it, is that money that you have worked for? Is it really worth anything, or is it just your parents' money that they have given you? Thirdly, doing chores and being submitted to child abuse are too very different things. Chores are, as you set, taking out rubbish or cleaning the cars, whereas child abuse is continuous, non-stop hard labour, causing physical pain and total exhaustion, with no reward or break in between for the child.
      Well if I want to go to collage I need money.
      Pulmonoscorpius
    • The screaming cat wrote:

AwkwardTeenager wrote:

The screaming cat wrote:

You are 13. Why would you need to worry about Collage right now. Also you didn't answer the question
      Drawing enthusiast. Gamer. Here to help.
    • Chores prepare you for the time as an adult when you live on your own.
      If you won't want to do it, you've to stand for self vs your parents.
      But be aware you also have to face the consequences on your own.

I did it once against my mom, and it was war at home. Almost two years.
      I stood for my persuasions ... and suddenly won. With a bitter taste.

But tbh, even I had true reasons to act that way, that time I was a brat.

I think your problems are no bigger than those of other 13yos. And it isn't a surprising fact, that the typical word of kids coming of age is: Unfair!

A known wisdom for thousands of years.

But if it is actually as bad as you subjectively rant it, a solution would be foster care or such. Also still there will be unpaid chores.
    • AwkwardTeenager wrote:

The screaming cat wrote:

AwkwardTeenager wrote:

The screaming cat wrote:

You are 13. Why would you need to worry about Collage right now. Also you didn't answer the question
      About what? I am used to getting payed for the chores and it is not spoiled it is normal to get payed for choirs anyways.
      Pulmonoscorpius
    • Those chores aren't chores, they're jobs, and they are laborious. An adult wouldn't do the things you have listed for free; there are adults that get payed to do the jobs you have listed.

Do you mean that your mum gives you 5 mins of video games for each job?
      What basics rights does she take away if you don't do them?
      Do you know that she has a legal responsibility to you to provide you with your basic rights regardless of whether or not you do something she wants you to do?
    • TwitchingEye wrote:

Those chores aren't chores, they're jobs, and they are laborious. An adult wouldn't do the things you have listed for free; there are adults that get payed to do the jobs you have listed.

Do you mean that your mum gives you 5 mins of video games for each job?
      What basics rights does she take away if you don't do them?
      Do you know that she has a legal responsibility to you to provide you with your basic rights regardless of whether or not you do something she wants you to do?
      Video games aren't a right though and chores are chores. We're kids, its not required to pay us for doing them. Sounds like "basic rights" are taken care of, food, clothing and shelter. So the mom isn't doing what she isn't supposed to.
    • Didn't say they were the only rights, but those are the basic ones.

Just cause parents could hire someone to do the chores we do doesn't mean they have to pay us to do the same thing. As my mom says, "You're free labor" course I'm not free, but she doesn't have to pay me if she doesn't want to.
    • TwitchingEye wrote:

Parents are legally required to provide for their children regardless of whether or not they do chores/jobs, although I can appreciate that there are things that children don't require. A child doing chores/jobs in return for things that they are entitled to doesn't seem right to me.
      Nothing in the original post says that is what is happening. Says specifically that the OP is being rewarded with video game time for doing the chores.