Why do you sometimes ejaculate a lot of semen, and other times not so much?

• That is normal and the amount of semen depends on different factor. It tends to be more when you waited a couple hours. Also your hydration and nutrition can have an effect on the amount. Your overall mood, sexual arousal, your physical fitness and the time your are masturbating all effect the amount.
    curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
  • On the hydration you can't force your body to produce an unusually large amount by drinking gallons. If you're adequately hydrated that will just having to go to the toilet more frequently. On the other hand, if you're dehydrated then making less semen is one way the body can compensate so you just need to drink enough.

Other than that, the big one for me is how aroused and for how long. If you've spent a two hour movie making out with you g/f then when you eventually cum there is bound to be more than if you've decided to polish your morning wood in the shower and only have five minutes to do it in. Edging, when you get close to cumming and then back off a little and then keep repeating so you remain close but not quite going over the edge for a while before finally letting yourself cum is good for bigger loads, at least for me, but best of all it also makes the orgasm feel really intense too.
  • Other than staying hydrated, I think this varies a lot by person, plus lots of other factors. Sometimes, even with a lot of prolonged arousal, I will feel like I am going to produce a litre of cum... and then it is very little, even though the feeling is so very intense. I suppose the feeling is the important part for me, not the amount of ejaculate, so even if it was dry, a long full-body orgasm is more important. I have read though, that getting proper sleep and eating healthy does produce more semen, as well as more viable sperm.
  • General health and hydration should increase the amount a bit. You might make a bit more as you go through puberty as well.
    I find that if it's been a few days since I have last ejaculated, I tend to ejaculate more and the semen tends to be a bit thicker and whiter.
    I find that if I'm more aroused, I tend to ejaculate more and with more force.
    I find that if I have been aroused for a long time - like edging - I tend to ejaculate a lot more with a lot of force but it's sometimes a bit more clear and thin. Most of the increased amount seems to be in just doing more big spurts than usual.
    Some people on the internet say certain supplements can change it too but I'm a bit doubtful of those usually. People say zinc and eating celery do things but I doubt the effect is dramatic. Other than those, I think it's really genetics. And sometimes, it's just luck. Sometimes, you don't think there's going to be a lot and it just keeps coming and sometimes you think there will be a lot and there's only a few dribbles.
    What's up, my dudes?
  • It can depend on hydration, your testosterone levels, and how long ago you last ejaculated. I'm sure there are more factors, but these are some large ones

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

R.I.P. VT
    2004 - 2021

For questions/comments/concerns please DM here or contact:
    [email protected]
  • mentallychaotic wrote:

Other than staying hydrated, I think this varies a lot by person, plus lots of other factors. Sometimes, even with a lot of prolonged arousal, I will feel like I am going to produce a litre of cum... and then it is very little, even though the feeling is so very intense. I suppose the feeling is the important part for me, not the amount of ejaculate, so even if it was dry, a long full-body orgasm is more important. I have read though, that getting proper sleep and eating healthy does produce more semen, as well as more viable sperm.
    I think you're definitely thinking along the right lines here. If you are masturbating or having protected sex then the number or viability of the sperm you ejaculate isn't going to matter and it's not like you can even tell by looking. It does seem more satisfying to shoot a bigger load but this is minor compared to the feeling of orgasm so maximising the intensity of that is always worthwhile.

But sleep and healthy eating are good for your general health too so still well worth doing.